KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty

The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (130): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
in the case of the pregnant black woman being tased, it was. this occurred in washington. the scan of the ticket stated:

"the UNDERSIGNED certifies and says that in the state of washington---did operate the following vehicle/motor vehicle on a public highway and---DID THEN AND THERE COMMIT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING OFFENCES."

I was wondering why I didn't remember that thread.

It was before my time from 2005:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

And, yes, that would/should be illegal. I have no idea how a citation document would end up printed en masse like that without going through any crappy lawyer's eyes. This is the basics of basics of constitutional law which all lawyers must know.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Because PVS was being very dishonest by leaving out this part.

quote:
Without admitting to having committed each of the above offenses, by singing this document I acknowledge receipt of this notice of infraction and promise to respond as directed on this notice

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:07 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Silent Master

Wait...

Lemme look. How did you find that so fast? I'm still reading the thread...

Thus part was funny to me, though. He did not get along with that Napalm guy and reported him:

Originally posted by PVS
reported for off-topic nonesense and trolling

Originally posted by Napalm
I wish there was a pic that incident It has owned ritten all over it

That was back in the day when the forums were closely moderated.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by dadudemon
I was wondering why I didn't remember that thread.

It was before my time from 2005:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

And, yes, that would/should be illegal. I have no idea how a citation document would end up printed en masse like that without going through any crappy lawyer's eyes. This is the basics of basics of constitutional law which all lawyers must know.

yeah, as i said it was very long ago and i hope their shenanigans were called out and the deceptive summons amended

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:13 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Wait...

Lemme look. How did you find that so fast? I'm still reading the thread..

Dropped his quote into google and it brought up a PDF doc showing a template for a Washington ticket

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:14 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Silent Master

that was not in the original summons in question, time waster troll

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:15 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

yeah, as i said it was very long ago and i hope their shenanigans were called out and the deceptive summons amended

I still haven't made it to the part in the thread where the exact wording on the ticket is shown. Still readin.

That thread is a gold mine for how KMC used to be.

Look at Ush very politely calling the lady "so fat you can't tell if she's pregnant when sitting down" without using those exact words:

Originally posted by Ushgarak
And has anyone even bothered to check if the cop knew she was pregnant? Easy to assume, but if she didn't get out the car, she could have been due to deliver the next day and it would be easy not to see.

Hooo boy.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:19 PM
Silent Master

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:19 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

this occurred in 2005, time waster troll

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:21 PM
Silent Master

I've provided proof that signing their ticket isn't a guilty plea, where is your proof?

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:22 PM
Impediment
Endless

Can we stick to the topic of the thread title, please?

Jesus Christ.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:23 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I still haven't made it to the part in the thread where the exact wording on the ticket is shown. Still readin.

top of page 7.

it was seemingly intended for the police officer alone to be the "undersigned" with no signature section for the alleged traffic offender, thus anyone reading it at a traffic stop and having a signature demanded would see that and rightly not want to sign it

here's an old scan. sorry about photobucket but thats all i can find atm

https://i1029.photobucket.com/album...cketHide015.jpg

Originally posted by Impediment
Can we stick to the topic of the thread title, please?

Jesus Christ.

whoops sorry, didn't see this until i posted

Last edited by Bashar Teg on May 27th, 2020 at 04:31 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:24 PM
dadudemon

top of page 7.

Found it:

Originally posted by PVS
regardless of the disclaimer over the signature line, we
most of us know that being pulled over is a very nerve racking experience.
even if the cop is polite and easygoing, it still sucks and makes people very nervous. nervous enough to not calmly sit and read the ticket in front of the cop to make sure that they werent signing away their right to challenge the ticket.

just look at the scan.
it clearly says "the UNDERSIGNED certifies and says that in the state of washington---did operate the following vehicle/motor vehicle on a public highway and---DID THEN AND THERE COMMIT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING OFFENCES."

i've signed so many forms in my lifetime. in EACH and EVERY form there is a seperate signature page, where the header reads something like "i, the undersigned...." undersigned means just that. UNDERsigned. when that word is placed on a contract, it must be on the same page as the signature line.
unless anyone in here has ever signed a form or contract where they saw an 'undersigned' agreement on a seperate page than the signature line? dont think so :/

and whats more screwed up is the guilty plea signature line is on the BACK.
it seems purposely misleading and i find that very disturbing.
the solution would have been as simple as placing the agreement signature on the BACK of the frikin ticket. so why wont they do it? why is it that upon viewing the ticket for like 2 minutes anyone can see the problem and come up with the solution with zero tax payer salary, and these assh0les cant figure that out?

i would have questioned it as well. goddamn right.

Links don't work anymore. So we just have to go by your ".pdf review" as evidence. Since everyone could have called you a liar if you were lying about that doc, we can only assume that the .pdf you linked to the standard citation form was correct.

And it is illegal to force people, at the point of the traffic stop, to admit guilt. You get a court date to argue your case. It's called "due process" and part of your right to a speedy trail (pun intended).

Because Impediment said back to the thread topic, how this relates to the OP is black people being abused by police. George died. Just like this lady could have. If I was a member back when that thread got posted, I would have pointed out that tasers are 'less lethal' options. She was tased for not complying with police orders. If you do not sign tickets, you go to jail to await your speedy trial. The tickets are not supposed to be an admission of guilt, only that you acknowledge receipt and/or understand what you've been cited to show up on your court date to argue it (or plead guilty and pay the fine).

Also, PVS, you were a much more pleasant person back then. no expression

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:31 PM
Silent Master

I'm glad that we all agree that asking this woman to sign her ticket wasn't asking her to admit guilt

Originally posted by cdtm

Edit: Just saw IMP's post, disregard.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:36 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Found it:

Links don't work anymore. So we just have to go by your ".pdf review" as evidence. Since everyone could have called you a liar if you were lying about that doc, we can only assume that the .pdf you linked to the standard citation form was correct.

And it is illegal to force people, at the point of the traffic stop, to admit guilt. You get a court date to argue your case. It's called "due process" and part of your right to a speedy trail (pun intended).

or they could just instruct the police officer to make it clear at the traffic stop that a signature is not an admission of guilt. not 100% guaranteed to avoid incident, but sure as shit better than "sign the ticket [full stop]"

either way, prisons have been crammed with people who committed the "crime" of unpaid parking tickets and never signed a thing.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:37 PM
dadudemon

People, as in Latinos and Black people, are also filling up the prisons and many are related to the drug war. Which is part of why it needs to end. We talk about needing racial equality in the CJS so end the Drug War. I could make an argument about the Drug War being illegal, cite the American Civil Rights Act, Articles VI and VII, due it having a disparate impact people of certain races, but I don't have time to research and cite case law to support my positions.

Hey, Impediment, you worked in corrections for a while. You saw the scum bags. What percentage of those people (regardless of race), do you feel should actually be in prison? Do you agree we should end the drug war or would we be shifting crime from one area of life to another?

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I can't bring myself to watch another fascist cop/vigilante snuff video. there's been too many. let's just wait for the resident KeKlord badge-bunnies to assure us all how the victim was "no angel"

That's the thing though, I don't know about this victim's background, but for the sake of argument let us just say he has multiple felonies under his belt, it doesn't matter, police shouldn't be crushing his neck and certainly not enough to cause death. He still has rights and our police are not supposed to be jury and executioners.

I blame White American culture.

Remember this gem:

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 27th, 2020 at 05:04 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2020 05:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

I remember they pulled her for a stupid reason

Last edited by Emmy Evangeline on May 27th, 2020 at 05:15 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2020 05:11 PM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

making people sign a summons on site is complete bullshit.

i was totally on her side until she drove off. good thing she's white or she'd have ended up with 28 bullet holes in her

I thought the same. Had she been Black

Old Post May 27th, 2020 05:12 PM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

Originally posted by Robtard
That's the thing though, I don't know about this victim's background, but for the sake of argument let us just say he has multiple felonies under his belt, it doesn't matter, police shouldn't be crushing his neck and certainly not enough to cause death. He still has rights and our police are not supposed to be jury and executioners.

I blame White American culture.

Remember this gem:

I remember this. Alot of people I knew got angry and were calling him a closet fascist

Old Post May 27th, 2020 05:24 PM