KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » New Mutants ongoing

New Mutants ongoing
Started by: StyleTime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

New Mutants ongoing

For the current Hickman/Brisson New Mutants series.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 10:59 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It's really two books in one. The Hickman issues follow the original New Mutants squad plus some Generation X members. The Ed Brisson issues are kind of a catch all for the modern young x-men.

Hickman's issues are on the lighthearted side, which I didn't like at first. It grew on me though. I can appreciate the Fourth wall breaking and Magik
trying to bang her enemies.I guess this will also serve as the space squad, with Cannonball having married and had a kid on Chandilar with Izzy, who's in the Imperial Guard. I am a bit worried Izzy will be written in perpetual b1tch mode though.

Brisson's squad is focused on finding "forgotten" mutants and helping them to Krakoa if they want. It also seems to be more focused on sociopolitical issues, which is fine when executed well. So far, the premise is implausible, which takes me out of the story. Can't have that when the intent was to be a serious tone. Armor leaves Krakoa with Sage knowing, goes missing for days, yet only a drunken Boom Boom seems to care and goes down to investigate alone? What? Considering the current state, it's just unbelievable any mutants, much less the kids, would be freely allowed off Krakoa with no authority figures checking in on them. And they certainly wouldn't just shrug when Boom Boom reports they're missing like Sage did. Hopefully, that gets fixed in the future. There's potential here, and it is nice that we could see some forgotten mutants actually get some stories.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 30th, 2020 at 11:06 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2020 11:00 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Captain Britain could fight Magik.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 05:00 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Why's that? Betsy is still in a different reality right now.

Or spread across multiple realities. Not sure how that reality fracturing missile affected her yet.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 02:19 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

WM one-shotted you in your own thread thumb up

He is truly the best of us.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 06:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Seriously King Aurtur and Stonehenge are huge. They might have Captain Britain fight Magik there.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 03:15 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
WM one-shotted you in your own thread thumb up

He is truly the best of us.

WM's feat catalogue is so extensive. None of us could hope to stack up.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Seriously King Aurtur and Stonehenge are huge. They might have Captain Britain fight Magik there.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 10:28 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I haven’t read comics in a while but Captain Britain was good in age of ultron.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2020 12:14 AM
bisos71

I have watched the X-men movie which seems to be great conscept of those material and creativity that comes from the writer mind though even we can go for the better learning or writing with https://www.a-writer.com/term-papers/ online writer service that can give you more details about the term papers to write about.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2021 05:41 PM
bisos71 is currently offline Click here to Send bisos71 a Private Message Find more posts by bisos71 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote