KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

I want to agree... that quality dip in the last 1/3rd though...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2020 11:40 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

These games are kind of hilarious if you imagine the "Violent games are corrupting the children" crowd looking at them.

They'd probably have a stroke looking at the gore.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2020 02:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ And it is, Further proof Cdtm has shit taste.
Yep.

Bloodborne is game of the god damn gen.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 4th, 2020 07:30 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

The colors are overly-saturated, the red-blue light dynamic is trite, and the new enemy-designs look generic. Nevertheless I had to get it.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 06:41 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
DS2's combat was supposedly copied directly from the original as well, and look how that turned out. I'm not shitting on this or anything, it could turn out to be great, but there are definitely reasons to be skeptical at this point.
Dark Souls 2 has better combat than 1 so no, it isn't.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 09:28 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

DS>BB>DS3>DS2>DeS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 11:39 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Bloodborne is the most fun to run through once, but repeated play-throughs are a choir since there are very few ways to play the game.

Dark Souls is probably the best.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 04:07 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

chore*

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 02:03 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by NemeBro
Dark Souls 2 has better combat than 1 so no, it isn't.

No way. DS1 has way better combat than 2.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 04:04 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
No way. DS1 has way better combat than 2.
No, it has better overall gameplay, primarily due to better boss and level design. The combat itself in 2 is better by virtue of its greater variety alone.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 09:02 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

No, it has better overall gameplay, primarily due to better boss and level design. The combat itself in 2 is better by virtue of its greater variety alone.
Care to go into detail?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 12:23 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Care to go into detail?

I think he means in terms of available (and viable) weapons, armors, consumables and spells.

The 25% equip burden and the poise system really limited viable armor piece combinations.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 05:15 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

New trailer released today.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 07:47 PM
cdtm

Dante's Inferno isn't getting a remaster.

I never played it, but everyone compared it to Demons Souls all the time.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 07:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

No, it was more along the lines of GOW, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, and so on.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 07:29 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

What are you defining as combat, exactly? Yes, Dark Souls 2 had a ton of build variety, and all sorts of permutations not only existed, but were able to be made viable. That's not in dispute.

But the janky movement? Walling off i-frames behind the ADP stat? What about the clumsy hitboxes that consistently allow enemies to hit you from a meter away? And why are you counting the boss/enemy design as something separate from the combat? I'd argue even the level design is relevant. The lack of enemy variety, plus the tendency to pack rooms with obnoxious numbers of them to artificially increase the difficulty, doesn't that also factor in to your combat experience?

Dark Souls II has a special place in my heart, and I hate to hate on it since it's already grossly underappreciated, but better combat than DS1? I can't get behind that. Maybe if we restrict it to PVP.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 11:31 PM
Stoic
Avenger

If no one has played the new version, why wouldn't they make the combat better than any souls type of game in existence? You'd think that graphics quality wouldn't be the only thing reworked, or at least I'm hoping it isn't. Must have this game. It's one of the reasons that I'm getting a PS5. Well that and GOW.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 05:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by NewGuy01
What are you defining as combat, exactly? Yes, Dark Souls 2 had a ton of build variety, and all sorts of permutations not only existed, but were able to be made viable. That's not in dispute.
That's pretty much largely all I consider when talking about combat. That Dark Souls 2 is a worse gameplay experience has little to do with the combat and more to do with the problems I'm sure you've heard people have with it, be they the railroaded level design or the uninspired boss design.

Acknowledging that the PVP is better is just an admission of it having better combat IMHO. When it's just two players fighting each other and you're not forced to deal with the inferior enemy design and level design the combat alone has to carry the gameplay experience and I think it largely does compared to 1, at least when you don't get lag-stabbed by the enemy player.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 07:00 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Dark Souls 1 is the best.
I've never played Bloodborne but I have to agree here, DS1 is probably the best.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 08:23 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Old Post Dec 8th, 2020 06:44 PM