KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Hitman 3

Hitman 3
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Hitman 3

HELL yes. Hitman 2 was up there with MGSV as this gens best stealth game IMO. I can't wait to see what they do with the final entry. If you guys haven't played 2, I highly recommend it.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 04:18 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Of all the games announced, this is the one I really can't wait for. The first two are fantastic.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 05:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New location announced:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 08:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Of all the games announced, this is the one I really can't wait for. The first two are fantastic.

First two.

Will abort Absolution then.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 09:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol.

Absolution is all right. I do genuinely like some of the levels. Hitman 2016 and what came after is just far superior imo.

Now the bad news: Hitman 3 on PC will be an Epic store exclusive for a ****ing year before it comes to Steam.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 11:00 PM
cdtm

Would be funny if Epic gives it away for free just as the exclusive deal ends.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 11:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This and Demon Souls for me, but yeah I agree. I love this god damn series. It's the only surviving stealth titan. MGS is dead, Splinter Cell is dead, Thief is dead, Deus Ex is on hiatus after the last lame entry, and Dishonored is dead. Of all of them, Hitman is alive and thriving with the best entries the series has ever put out. It's fkn fantastic.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 04:59 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't think sneaking is dead...it's just moved to open world games.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 05:08 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The final Hitman game comes out in 9 days. This one lets you import the previous two games to it, and they compressed it so it takes 70 gigs with all three games installed.

Too many people slept on this series this last gen. It's one of the greatest stealth titles of all time up there with Splinter Cell and Metal Gears best IMO. I'm sad to see it end.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 12th, 2021 02:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's easily the best stealth title of the last decade. 8 more days.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't think sneaking is dead...it's just moved to open world games.

I'd say it might as well be dead, given the implementation of it. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 12th, 2021 12:25 PM
Arachnid1

If you're getting this on PC, don't (assuming you have Hitman 1 and 2).

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

If you already own the prior games in Steam, you have to repurchase it on the Epic Games Store (which Hitman 3 is exclusive to for the first year) to upgrade it. People have been asking about Hitman 1/2 Steam-EGS compatibility since they announced the game would load both into the H3 launcher. This info should have been put out months ago. Not a few days before release. People owning the games on Steam but not being allowed to upgrade them because of a difference in launcher on a ****ing PC is ridiculous, and is one of the many reasons people have been against EGS since the beginning. Those who want to link their games without rebuying the game are going to have to wait a year for it to come out on Steam. I wonder how many people who own them all on PC preordered and have no idea they're about to be hit with this in 5 days.

Also, to be clear, this is on IOI. Plenty of people have pointed out that IOI tracks the games you own and your progression on it's servers. They know you own the game and know of any DLC levels you bought since ownership is tied to your IOI account. If they can use the servers to bring your progression over from Hitman 2>3, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to tie it to some Legacy DLC unlock or something. Also, even if Epic somehow forced this dynamic as part of their H3 deal (entirely possible), it's still shitty of IOI to not tell anyone about it until 5 days before launch.

EDIT:
(please log in to view the image)

So much for that.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 12:38 AM
Arachnid1

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/s...899132966318084

They've updated so the above is no longer the case. PC players may re-board the hype train

PWNT

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 10:36 PM
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 04:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Almost Wednesday. Almost Wednesday. Almost Wednesday.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 06:17 AM
Arachnid1

Reviews are out. 36 reviews so far and it's sitting at an 88.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/.../critic-reviews

Almost Wednesday. Almost Wednesday. Almost Wednesday.
LMAO same.

Too bad they released this right at the start of a new semester for me.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 03:11 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol, I know that feeling.

At least the time of day it releases at (around midday in most countries it seems), is pretty cool.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 04:08 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol, IOI servers shit the bed at launch, and many, many people can't carry their progress over. Fun times.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 20th, 2021 01:21 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Arachnid1
If you're getting this on PC, don't (assuming you have Hitman 1 and 2).

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

If you already own the prior games in Steam, you have to repurchase it on the Epic Games Store (which Hitman 3 is exclusive to for the first year) to upgrade it. People have been asking about Hitman 1/2 Steam-EGS compatibility since they announced the game would load both into the H3 launcher. This info should have been put out months ago. Not a few days before release. People owning the games on Steam but not being allowed to upgrade them because of a difference in launcher on a ****ing PC is ridiculous, and is one of the many reasons people have been against EGS since the beginning. Those who want to link their games without rebuying the game are going to have to wait a year for it to come out on Steam. I wonder how many people who own them all on PC preordered and have no idea they're about to be hit with this in 5 days.

Also, to be clear, this is on IOI. Plenty of people have pointed out that IOI tracks the games you own and your progression on it's servers. They know you own the game and know of any DLC levels you bought since ownership is tied to your IOI account. If they can use the servers to bring your progression over from Hitman 2>3, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to tie it to some Legacy DLC unlock or something. Also, even if Epic somehow forced this dynamic as part of their H3 deal (entirely possible), it's still shitty of IOI to not tell anyone about it until 5 days before launch.

EDIT:
(please log in to view the image)

So much for that.

I'm playing the Epic free version, so no concerns on Epic/Steam link ups here.

Not that I'd ever buy a game on Epic. smile

Old Post Jan 20th, 2021 04:14 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So after we finally got my sister's progress in the first two games carried across, and our access to the previous games within Hitman 3, we finally sat down to play it.

It's fantastic. Could already be the GOTY for me as I don't know what will come out that will beat it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 06:01 PM
Arachnid1

So after we finally got my sister's progress in the first two games carried across, and our access to the previous games within Hitman 3, we finally sat down to play it.

It's fantastic. Could already be the GOTY for me as I don't know what will come out that will beat it.
I'm still trying to get access to my H1 stuff. It says the transfer is completed but I can't download the Hitman 1 GOTY stuff which is annoying.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 10:16 PM