KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The GDF Septic Tank (Official Off Topic)

The GDF Septic Tank (Official Off Topic)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1186): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
Same rating, same validity I always say.

Not according to him. only the one he agrees with is to be believed.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:30 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Same rating, same validity I always say.

Can be, but not always, you have to look a bit beyond the rating. I explained it to someone else here before:

Originally posted by Robtard
Explained to you several times. All "mixed" ratings are not equal. You have to take the whole description into account. As it stands, CNN is not rated as a conspiracy site or pseudoscience. ZeroHedge is.

Let me explain with nuts. Lets say one bowl is composed of 60% almonds, 20% walnuts and 20% cashews, other bowl is 20% almonds, 20% walnuts, 20% cashews and 40% low quality nigh-tasteless filler peanuts. Saying "both bowls are mixed" while technically correct, it's really not the full story when looking closely at the contents smile

YW

/nuts

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Isn't CNN pretty far on the left?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:35 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I corrected whirly on the source's accuracy rating and he agreed. you sniveling manbabies.

grow. up.

You should follow your own advice.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:36 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup. Oh, every leftist on this forum will probably argue otherwise but they are. That is a fact.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jun 16th, 2020 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:37 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

trouble with all network news is they also factor in the TV news, and only retards watch the news on tv/streaming

Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jun 16th, 2020 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:38 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is what triggered you Broly? Ffs, that's me out of here tonight. Have a good evening all!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Just to be clear

His source's rating from the fact checking agency he picked

quote:
Overall, we rate The Washington Post Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favors the left and factually High due to the use of proper sources and a reasonable fact check record. (5/18/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 3/16/2020)

Mine, from the same source

quote:
Overall, we rate the Albuquerque Journal Right-Center Biased based on an editorial board that consistently favors the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (10/2/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 3/13/2019)

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Just to be clear

His source's rating from the fact checking agency he picked

Mine, from the same source
I. Going to state again the fact check wasn't the point I was making... rihtist militia, rightist tow, rightist newspaper... shooting was and the shooter in my opinion will be punished. The rightist gaslighting never stops and this is what destroys discourse, who ta

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:50 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I. Going to state again the fact check wasn't the point I was making... rihtist militia, rightist tow, rightist newspaper... shooting was and the shooter in my opinion will be punished. The rightist gaslighting never stops and this is what destroys discourse, who ta

This is pretty hard to follow.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:55 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

trouble with all network news is they also factor in the TV news, and only retards watch the news on tv/streaming

Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Favoring the left and failing to deliver the whole story is still messed up though.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 11:57 PM
Silent Master

This is pretty hard to follow.

It's actually fairly easy, my source gave information that went against his narrative, thus my source was to be ignored.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:00 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Favoring the left and failing to deliver the whole story is still messed up though.

their website reporting is accurate, which applies to debate sources. tv bobbleheads and biased editorial pieces are what damages their rating. besides npr I can't think of a single news source that doesn't pull omission stunts

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:04 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Going to state again the fact check wasn't the point I was making... rihtist militia, rightist tow, rightist newspaper... shooting was and the shooter in my opinion will be punished. The rightist gaslighting never stops and this is what destroys discourse, who takes a gun to a demo. And that's me signing off nanoo nanoo smile

Gaslight away my rightist chums. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:07 AM
Silent Master

IOW, my source gave information that went against your narrative, thus my source was to be ignored.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:08 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

their website reporting is accurate, which applies to debate sources. tv bobbleheads and biased editorial pieces are what damages their rating. besides npr I can't think of a single news source that doesn't pull omission stunts

I agree, all of them do which is why I think it's splitting hairs to nitpick sources for the most part unless it's ridiculous. Outside of posting a source from both sides and only accepting what both sides agree on.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:12 AM
Impediment
Endless

I made a thread to pinpoint the nonsensical shit polluting and killing the GDF and my thread is killed by the same venom and immaturity.

You're all insane.

"No! YOU!!!"

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:13 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Hey, hey, hey. I was advocating happy medium

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:14 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I agree, all of them do which is why I think it's splitting hairs to nitpick sources for the most part unless it's ridiculous. Outside of posting a source from both sides and only accepting what both sides agree on.

we have specific members which only post links to zero hedge and the blaze, which are known for flatout fabrications, so it's not fair to engage in false equalization. CNN web articles, as shown, are typically factually accurate; while activist blog news is mostly hot steaming dogshit.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:18 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Impediment
I made a thread to pinpoint the nonsensical shit polluting and killing the GDF and my thread is killed by the same venom and immaturity.

You're all insane.

"No! YOU!!!"

no, YOU'RE insane!!!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 12:19 AM