KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Halo has always had big open areas...but it was never open world. There is a distinction.

Crysis is not an open world game at all. Some areas are quite large and objectives can be tackled with a more sandbox element....but it's still a linear path.

The original Far Cry is the same thing...it wasn't until Ubisoft start making them that it moved to a completely open world environment.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 04:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Didn't Halo 3 already accomplish that? Big outdoor arena's and such?

I never played much of Halo 3.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Halo has always had big open areas...but it was never open world. There is a distinction.

Crysis is not an open world game at all. Some areas are quite large and objectives can be tackled with a more sandbox element....but it's still a linear path.

The original Far Cry is the same thing...it wasn't until Ubisoft start making them that it moved to a completely open world environment.

I was speaking specifically about Halo CE. It did have some open areas, but not nearly as much as I wanted.

==

As far as this game goes, I get a distinct feeling that they watched a lot of Just Cause and took some pointers from that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 04:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
I never played much of Halo 3.

I was speaking specifically about Halo CE. It did have some open areas, but not nearly as much as I wanted.

==

As far as this game goes, I get a distinct feeling that they watched a lot of Just Cause and took some pointers from that.

First Halo game I tried Legendary on. Died several dozen times on the first encounter alone, the grenade spamming was ridiculous.

And then I read how Halo 3 was considered the easiest Legendary.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 05:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I dunno if I'd ever torture myself like that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 05:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
I dunno if I'd ever torture myself like that.

Ha, I gave up as I was forcing myself to do it just to do it and wasn't having any fun, and went to the next highest difficulty.

Became much more manageable. And fun.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 06:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I tried legendary co-op style...and we stopped. Never found it fun....

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 06:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Whether co-op or solo depending on the game, I pride myself for being a veteran with legendary difficulty on all the Halo's. And yeah, Halo 3 is honestly one of the easiest ones in that regard, with CE and Halo 2 being on the other end of the spectrum. Reach was fairly challenging there too, and to some extent Halo 5 but mainly because of the Warden encounters.

Legendary in general's honestly not that bad once you know the maps of the levels enough and the enemy locations and how to best deal with them with the weapons you got available.

Now LASO (legendary all skulls on), that's another story. Legendary's basic stuff compared to LASO which only the most diehard players will get through.

In any case, I'll still wait till Infinite has co-op and other things added later, interesting as the campaign looked from the trailer.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 11:14 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Halo 3 only has the LASO for coop.

Is it the only one?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 11:31 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Looks really solid to me. Excited to play it.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 12:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I believe Halo Infinite MP is available now...
They are calling it a beta...but I believe it includes all maps, modes, seasons, battle pass stuff...and it will carry over when the game gets an official release next month.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2021 07:08 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's sure taking awhile finding a match. Can't even get so much as the tutorials started up.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2021 10:53 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Did the tutorials (surprised it was a cutscene....)
Man, there is a lot of firing range contests...each gun has three types of firing range contests....

And there is a lot of customization...
Battlepass seems to work similar to what The Division 2 did....get XP, unlock comestics....and you can pay for it if you want more stuff.

And...I wonder if you can get store credits without paying for it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 01:19 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The game plays & feels amazing but the wannabe Fortnite structure with it's in-game shop is as equally off-putting. After leveling up, thought it'd give me a trickle of currency at the very least but it doesn't do that nor does it appear as any of the rewards within the battle pass that has said rewards locked out unless you buy the premium battle pass that you can only get with the currency that looks like you seem to only get by paying real money. Only in beta and already dead before arrival.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 03:47 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure I agree about the dead on arrival part.....I think gameplay is great and I think that's what people want.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 03:50 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm not sure I agree about the dead on arrival part.....I think gameplay is great and I think that's what people want.

It helps the longevity. This crap about premiums & ad catalogues for things to buy with basically V-Bucks? No thank you. You think Overwatch for example would've survived as long as it does with the casual crowd if there weren't skins the majority you get just playing the game?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 03:58 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

For some, yeah, I agree....I never would pay for that stuff.

I'm not 100% knowledgeable on all games...but there is a fair number of examples of free-to-play games that utilize this model and it clearly works. People will buy shit like this...

I'm not exactly sure on what can and cannot be unlocked....but I haven't seen a huge outrage of the battlepass system yet....and I know stuff like this can be changed if need be.

I think the steps are there...the game is fun to play (especially BTB) but maybe unlocks can be slightly modified.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 05:03 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

And that's the problem: if the multiplayer was part of Infinite, sharing the same disc/box as the campaign, they (maybe) wouldn't be approaching this predatory model. That's why this multiplayer is free in the first place and why it shouldn't be for this reason. You want to play a free game and support it, that's fine but this is crap you're forcing on an old franchise with long time fans. Halo is not something recent like Splitgate.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 16th, 2021 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 05:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It seems most long time fans are ecstatic about the game.....
It's free-to-play....just seems you want to pay full price. I like cosmetics as much as the next guy....but the game is in first person view...aside from guns, you only see the cosmetics when the match starts/ends.

If you pay premium price for the battlepass, wouldn't it cover the cost of the full game 2-3 seasons later?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 06:30 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The multiplayer for Halo should always be packaged with the story, sorry if I don't wanna pay extra for something unjustified. Look at Master Chief Collection: has seasons, cosmetics from all those seasons but wait! There's no premium for that, no price tag, no battle pass! That's what Infinite shoulda been like.

And don't pretend you don't also see your spartan when you're driving, riding, carrying around a portable turret, assassinating-oh wait the latter got delayed like campaign co-op and 343 wants ya forking extra when they can't add a few series staples in time?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 06:58 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So times change. Most MP games are free-to-play now. If they want to compete with Apex Legends, PUBG, Fornite and others....releasing a fully-fledge free-to-play MP game is something that needed to be done.

You seem to be arguing that you want to pay full price so you can play MP and campaign....but not OK paying full price to play just campaign (but still play MP)....

It seems people are annoyed by the progression of the battlepass...and I can understand that. I assume it's something they will be modifying quite quickly.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 07:23 PM