KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Blue Lives Matter

Blue Lives Matter
Started by: Eon Blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
If you care so much, you should go counter-protest instead of complaining on a message board.

Such a stupid thing to say. You support BLM right, are you out there protesting and not wasting your time on a message board?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 09:35 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
No, you're the one who is pissed over someone making a thread about it lol.

You do not have to be pissed to call out crybabies.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 02:17 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by SquallX
Such a stupid thing to say. You support BLM right, are you out there protesting and not wasting your time on a message board?

Yes, we covered this in the BLM thread. Unlike Eon, I am a man of action. I am about shit in real life, not crying about it on the Internet.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 02:20 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Calm down

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 02:20 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, we covered this in the BLM thread. Unlike Eon, I am a man of action. I am about shit in real life, not crying about it on the Internet.

What have you actually done in real life that would amount to anything regarding your “SJW” theatrics?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 02:34 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

If you care so much, you should go counter-protest instead of complaining on a message board.

No way. Protesting is useless and only people who need the attention and want to feel good protest. How many times have people protested and how many times did they get the exact change that they wanted? I think the ratio is 1000 to 1.

You change by voting or having money. You get ballot initiatives done. You run for office. Start a PAC and collect donations. Run advertisements.

Standing in the street with a sign or screaming almost never works. That should be taught in curriculum, required, for all schools. We should teach our children how to make political change while also letting them know they have the right to waste time protesting.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 01:51 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Someone should tell Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 03:47 PM
dadudemon

Someone should tell Martin Luther King, Jr.

Very glad you brought up MLK because that is exactly who I had in mind while writing my post. smile

You're suggesting that someone should let MLK know that civil disobedience and boycotting is different than what I'm referring to as protesting?

No need: he already knew the difference.

Hence why I said what I said in my post. smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 04:09 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

You should probably brush up on your knowledge of the Civil Rights movement.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:23 PM
SquallX

Pretty sure King was all about non violent protest, and that’s why X hated him at first.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:33 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by SquallX
Pretty sure King was all about non violent protest, and that’s why X hated him at first.

The Black Lives Matter protests are non-violent too . . . until the police start assaulting people.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:46 PM
dadudemon

You definitely should.

From MLK:

quote:
King become a national celebrity both for what he accomplished and how. “Our use of passive resistance in Montgomery,” King told TIME, “is not based on resistance to get rights for ourselves, but to achieve friendship with the men who are denying us our rights, and change them through friendship and a bond of Christian understanding before God.”

But don't let the Reverend's close relationship with God and using the Christian "turn the other cheek" belief - to support his civil disobedience actions - get in the way of your revisionist attempt on MLK's success.

https://time.com/5101740/martin-lut...otests-lessons/

Make sure not to strawman my position by using definitions of "protest" that do not align with my very clear use. smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean damn tho, eon def isn't a man of action as we've since learned

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Surely this thread should be mixed with the Black Lives Matter one? It all feeds into the same well of discontent.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:52 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

The Black Lives Matter protests are non-violent too . . . until the police start assaulting people.

LOL!!!!

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:54 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Surtur
Hey now, Eon is a man of action if nothing else. And, likely, is nothing else.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:54 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

LMFAO@ "the black lives matter protests are peaceful too." Good one, dude. You trying to be a comedian?

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 28th, 2020 at 10:56 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 10:52 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
LMFAO@ "the black lives matter protests are peaceful too." Good one, dude. You trying to be a comedian?
George Orwell used to do this joke live, although Bill Hicks also incorporate it into his sets. He'd say:

"I'm about to tell a joke."

Then he'd wait ten seconds before saying:

"Well — why aren't you laughing? I just told the funniest joke ever!"

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 11:15 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Surtur

That is the gag of the year for sure.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 03:43 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This! thumb up
Originally posted by Scribble
Surely this thread should be mixed with the Black Lives Matter one? It all feeds into the same well of discontent.
Why bother it's just another rightist troll thread.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 03:49 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote