KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla vs Kong
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
He said better film, and he's right. Shin Godzilla is great.
I haven't seen it yet but I know it's directed by the dude who made GOAT Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's been on my list for some time.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 07:12 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's no NGE but still pretty good. Especially for a Godzilla movie.

The atomic breath sequence is probably the best scene of movie.

Good shit.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 07:35 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Anyone else see the new trailer today?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 12:04 AM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

New one?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 08:54 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Yep, new footage shows Godzilla tailwhipping Kong thumb up
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSGY9omqYc

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 01:27 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
He said better film, and he's right. Shin Godzilla is great.

true, but that laser-focused atomic breath...who's to say he couldn't cut every hollywood kaiju in half with that. i know it's cheap and unfair, the kaiju equivalent of a "noob tube", but still...it's a thing

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 12:37 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
tough pill to swallow: shin godzilla was superior to all american godzilla films combined

Eh...it was okay for what it was.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 01:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

true, but that laser-focused atomic breath...who's to say he couldn't cut every hollywood kaiju in half with that. i know it's cheap and unfair, the kaiju equivalent of a "noob tube", but still...it's a thing

That beam was pretty nice. I dont see it killing say Burning Godzilla but most likely everyone else.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 04:34 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
That beam was pretty nice. I dont see it killing say Burning Godzilla but most likely everyone else.

...Really?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 06:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Current Godzilla took a nuke directly to the face and suffered what appeared to be zero damage.

No reason to believe Shin Godzilla's "atomic rays" would harm him much, if at all.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 08:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
...Really?

I dont know. Its hard to judge when they don't fight other monsters. But that beam would for sure kill beings like Mothra (legendary) I dont see it cutting Burning Godzilla at all as he was already hotter than that.

Heisei Kaiju would eat that as they are huge beam spammers

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 08:15 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Robtard

No reason to believe Shin Godzilla's "atomic rays" would harm him much, if at all.

do you believe that he's immune to his own type of energy blasts? because that's the only way your statement makes sense

shin godzilla's atomic breath was already far beyond every previous film (combined?) when he first lit it up. watch the scene again, he was focusing that same amount of energy into a single beam. not only that but he was sniping stealth bombers out of the sky with it. just hug your new godzilla toys and pray that this incarnation never shows up in another film

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Feb 17th, 2021 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 06:23 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

do you believe that he's immune to his own type of energy blasts?
Yes.

Shin Godzilla's atomic breath is also definitely _not_ the most powerful of any Godzilla's. That goes to either Heisei or Final Wars Godzilla.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 08:34 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

do you believe that he's immune to his own type of energy blasts? because that's the only way your statement makes sense

shin godzilla's atomic breath was already far beyond every previous film (combined?) when he first lit it up. watch the scene again, he was focusing that same amount of energy into a single beam. not only that but he was sniping stealth bombers out of the sky with it. just hug your new godzilla toys and pray that this incarnation never shows up in another film

I do believe it, or he should be, as nuclear energy is in a manner Godzilla's fuel. Current Godzilla was also seemingly far hotter in his "Burning Godzilla" form than what Shin was shown to output.

Disagree. While Shin's accuracy was good, I don't think it's the most powerful blast we've seen. Godzilla from Final Wars would shit on all other live action Godzillas most likely. If we bring in the animated films, Godzilla from 'Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters" makes every other Godzilla look like toys.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 17th, 2021 at 08:57 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 08:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

I do believe it, or he should be, as nuclear energy is in a manner Godzilla's fuel. Current Godzilla was also seemingly far hotter in his "Burning Godzilla" form than what Shin was shown to output.

Disagree. While Shin's accuracy was good, I don't think it's the most powerful blast we've seen. Godzilla from Final Wars would shit on all other live action Godzillas most likely. If we bring in the animated films, Godzilla from 'Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters" makes every other Godzilla look like toys.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 10:05 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

shin godzilla's blast was never tested on another monster, nor was he evolving to battle kaiju, or else he would have at least done something about those useless arms. all it could do was slice through an entire city and instantly level it [an even more impressive feat of accuracy than sniping bombers].

final wars was a ridiculous movie btw. I feel like shin was a long overdue consolation film. one that takes godzilla's power way over the top, but while keeping it tasteful...and not turning atomic breath into a kame-hame-ha blast -_-

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 02:13 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

The Shin 'dorsal fin disco lights rays' was pretty redic though.

Think I'll watch Shin Godzilla again tonight, as it was good overall.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 05:35 PM
ShadowFyre

I feel like I am a good, loyal fan . Even if I do not like something I'm happy to see what are my childhood heroes on the big screen.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 07:55 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

never watched Shin Godzilla, where can i

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 08:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
never watched Shin Godzilla, where can i

Seems you can rent it on Amazon Prime for 0.99 cents

https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Godzill...o/dp/B073X5R1SR

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 08:53 PM