KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla vs Kong
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Thinking back to my childhood, I would also swear that we saw a lot more of the monsters. But often not the case.

Why I laughed when people slammed Godzilla (2014) for it's lack of Godzilla screen time and monsters mashes. Sure it was limited, but not unheard of for the franchise.

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002)? I think I've watched it or parts of, not entirely sure.

Yeah, that's the one. Loved Akane Yashiro, the pilot.

Tokyo SoS wasn't the same without her, the relationship between her and Kiryu really made the first movie.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 12:40 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Despite what I felt was a cheesy looking Godzilla, especially the second form, looked like a creepy child's doll

I just didn't like the split-mandible during his atomic blast. I understand the concept of why toho did it, but don't think that their particular solution was necessary. It just looked too weird, and not in a cool way. the other forms were creepy af, which I believe was the whole point.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 01:05 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So how far do they take it?

Youtube said one of his forms is some kind of Lovecraftian like idiot god, where everything is part of him and life springs up on his whim.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 01:12 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I think I listened to the same vid. basically the writers' (?) rough draft of "what if godzilla won", and he basically evolves to the point where he becomes his own universe, and is god of that universe. pure silliness imho. as far as the film, he tried to turn himself into a platoon of godzilloid/humanoid creatures, which were frozen as they attempted to emerge from his tail. that concept was pretty cool, but I'm also glad it never came to fruition

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 01:18 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

there is the heisei one with Mecha G, Rodan, and baby godzilla and the millennium with kiryu and I guess just Godzilla.

I've watched each millennium one once and thats it. My least favorite batch of them. Though I did like Kiryu and the idea of GMK

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 08:49 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
there is the heisei one with Mecha G, Rodan, and baby godzilla and the millennium with kiryu and I guess just Godzilla.

I've watched each millennium one once and thats it. My least favorite batch of them. Though I did like Kiryu and the idea of GMK

Really? I liked them personally.

Effects and suits were worlds better then the old days, better choreography, and the humans ranged from tolerable to pretty good (The first Kiryu pilot was good. The Magnum PI moustache military guy was flat out awesome.)

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 01:26 PM
ShadowFyre

I dont dislike them really. Heisei was my shit though. Godzilla 1984 was the first one I saw (was born in 83).

Final trailer is up with some cool shots. Not gonna link it though as its just two tv spots put together.

Kong absolutely shits on Spidermans building climbing ability.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 03:30 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

*godzilla 1985

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 04:15 PM
ShadowFyre

Yeah

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 06:42 PM
cdtm

Saw Shin Godzilla last night. Really liked it.

The apocalypse scenerio could happen.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 01:06 PM
ShadowFyre

Also according to the Collider interview I believe or some recent set visit, may not be official and no weight

Godzilla 121.92 meters 400 feet

Kong-106.68 meters Tree Fiddy feet tall

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 03:38 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Godzilla-2014 was 355 feet, so he's grown since then.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 05:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Godzilla-2014 was 355 feet, so he's grown since then.

Feet? Not meters?

Is this the biggest Godzilla to date? Been thinking about video game giant bosses.

900 feet. Talk about overkill.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

355 in 2014, but grew to 393 for KOTM and is 393 for KvG.

Biggest Godzilla is from Planet of Monsters, an animated series. Close to 1,000 feet and so bulky it makes all others look tiny.

Size Chart: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7Ns-ZEbaHMk/maxresdefault.jpg

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Still 393 feet for GvK? I heard it was 400 now. I guess that could have been an approximation though. I’m glad he’s still slightly taller than Kong though, that’s how it should be.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 07:43 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by cdtm
Saw Shin Godzilla last night. Really liked it.

The apocalypse scenerio could happen.
Finally, someone with taste. Even if he's a filthy fortniter.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 07:50 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Still 393 feet for GvK? I heard it was 400 now. I guess that could have been an approximation though. I’m glad he’s still slightly taller than Kong though, that’s how it should be.

Seems so. But if they did increase him to 400 feet for KVG, that's only a seven foot increase. Visibly the same at these heights.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 08:10 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
I watch Godzilla movies to see giant monsters fight and **** shit up. I could care less about the human’s story and the themes. That doesn’t make me unintelligent. Thanks though!

^ Case in point.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 08:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by NemeBro
^ Case in point.

So you believe just because someone likes more monster action and less focus on the human story in a Godzilla movie makes them unintelligent?

I understand and respect that side of the movie but I watch Godzilla movies to see monster fights. Saying someone is unintelligent because they don’t like a movie only makes you look like an *******.

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Feb 26th, 2021 at 01:29 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:22 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Seems so. But if they did increase him to 400 feet for KVG, that's only a seven foot increase. Visibly the same at these heights.

True, but an even 400 would be more satisfying.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:52 PM