KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla vs Kong
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Nobody watches Godzilla for the story.....we just want to see some badass fights...

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 04:08 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Exactly.

According to this genius that makes us unintelligent though. Lmao.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 04:20 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

yikes. enjoy your "no true scotsman" hugbox.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 04:23 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Nobody watches Godzilla for the story.....we just want to see some badass fights...
Literally not true. The series was born on serious themes and ethical questions.

Just because the series became pre-occupied with monster fights doesn't mean that's all it's about, and it shouldn't be.

There's nothing wrong with a good spectacle, but I enjoy the serious movies just as much if not more.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:19 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Look, you have to admit that *most* people don’t go see a Godzilla movie for the human story. It’s nice when there’s actually a good plot, but I think most people just care about the action, myself included.

I didn’t think Shin Godzilla was terrible, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as some of you did. I didn’t care for his design, and I thought it focused too much on the human story for a Godzilla movie.

I’m here to have respectful conversations with people who share my same interests, so I don’t **** with people who are a$$holes for no reason.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:26 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 06:09 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Estacado

Disagree. The humans trying to stop the unstoppable is vintage Godzilla.

Fights are awesome and all, but at the end he was really meant to be the boggieman of the human race.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 09:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So Kong is being chained by 5 or 6 aircraft carriers and destroyers positioned a mile or so apart so that even if he pulls he can't break the chain. Brilliant and powerful. And pulling that ship back out of that water, and Godzilla not even slowing down with half a carrier underwater or battleship is nice.

Kong is gonna monkey shit stomp all over 90% of the strength feats in MCU and DCEU. Comicviners are going to committ massive lemming like suicide. Its gonna be beautiful.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 11:24 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Literally not true. The series was born on serious themes and ethical questions.
That maintained for only the first film out of 30+, lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 11:35 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Serious nature?

Probably ten or so Godzilla movies have an actual serious tone.

Godzilla vs. Hedorah had a serious message in a acid trip tone.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 12:28 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
That maintained for only the first film out of 30+, lol.
Also not true. while, after Raids Again for a long while we only got Showa Era goofiness, there have been occasional returns to form.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 12:31 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Rememver the helicopter scene from the original? Anyone wanna guess how many Ospreys and Helos it takes to carry Legendary Kong?

The largest Jaeger in Pacific Rim required 4 aircraft and 10 or so to carry all 3 Jaegers. Into Hong Kong.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 07:11 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Going to be a good month for us.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 11:57 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Plots got leaked and all that. Movie sounds amazing aside from a few instances. Shit ton of action. Few cutaway. Gorgeous etc.

So there is supposedly very few scenes with just humans and those are entirely mbb team

If you wish to read it go here but back to page 112

https://forums.superherohype.com/th...504209/page-125

But it starts at 112

Old Post Mar 7th, 2021 07:21 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Cant wait...

Seems like both Kong and Godzilla fans will be pleased....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2021 08:27 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So Without spoiling anything. Kong is accompanying the humans or vice versa throughout the story so it should completely erase any boring human parts as Giant monsters are in (supposedbly) almost the entire movie.

Thats what Kong does for Kaiju genre that others don't. He gives people a being that can fully emote and empathize with.

I mean when I watched Kong die in 1976 as a kid? Yeah.

Also, if the leak is true which it seems to be. Godzilla will be able to one or two shot dcu and mcu top tiers from hundreds of miles away lol

Sucks tho because its hard to make believable matches with the titans without it being spite one way or the other.

Just from Trailers alone, Kong would shitstomp Hulk,kurse,namek,faora,juggernaut,namek, abomination literally in seconds. He is literally running and jumping around at like 300 mph the entire time he is fighting. He blitzes them and the Kryptinians and smashes the ground like he did in the trailer and its a wrap.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2021 08:47 PM
ShadowFyre

Also, for those like me who loved the tone and realism of G14, and didn't want a ll kinds of crazy unbelievable technology like giant skyscraper sized machines capable of throwing hands with nuke proof creatures that treat steel like tissue paper they at least do that only real way they should. Hollow Earth sounds crazy and looks strange. It has artifical light from the trailer

Old Post Mar 7th, 2021 09:55 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Realism in Godzilla. Lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2021 11:09 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

G14 had a tone that the others didn't that I enjoy. Can't say I was terribly happy when I learned that Mecha G would be in it

Old Post Mar 8th, 2021 09:57 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Realism in Godzilla. Lol

I know right

i'm glad the films have slowly embraced its sillyness.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 01:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote