KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla vs Kong
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote:
Theaters better open in time for this or I’m gonna flip out.

It doesn’t get more Big Screen worthy than this.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 02:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

The 2014 movie was not to scale in some shots.ike next to the ships and Golden gate bridge.

The cgi on Kong is fantastic and you can feel the scale when Godzilla comes on the ship.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 03:59 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

How much he grew is kinda silly though IMO. He seems to have more than tripled in height. But hey, at that scale, assuming he has the proportional strength of an actual gorilla, he's quite possibly physically stronger than Godzilla. To get somewhat of a scale comparison, look at 0:44 odd in the trailer and then look at this:

https://static2.cbrimages.com/wordp...w=960&h=500

And yeah, I know it's a little kid vs an adult woman, but you can still see that the size increase is massive, regardless.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 25th, 2021 at 04:31 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 04:27 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
As long as they fight for more than 5 minutes.. hopefully neither one says save mothra.. great to see mechagodzilla

my guess is Mechagodzilla malfunctions.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 05:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Well, they are using Ghidorahs head to run it supposedly.

"What should we use for the AI on our giant killer robot?"

"The giant golden 3 headed space dragon that tried to kill everything literally seconds after it woke up for no reason "

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 05:48 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

"The giant golden 3 headed space dragon that tried to kill everything literally seconds after it woke up for no reason "

Not just that

Mechagodzilla was a villain in it's first movie too.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 05:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's like in the one Transformers movie where they try to recreate Optimus but use Megatron's template and can't figure out why the end result keeps looking like Megatron lol.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 06:09 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's like in the one Transformers movie where they try to recreate Optimus but use Megatron's template and can't figure out why the end result keeps looking like Megatron lol.

Oh man I remember laughing my ASS off at that.
I had to stand and lean against the wall for the rest of the movie.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 09:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
Oh man I remember laughing my ASS off at that.
I had to stand and lean against the wall for the rest of the movie.

Yeah, it was legitimately facepalm-worthy even compared to the rather low general intelligence bar set by the characters in the Transformers franchise.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 10:29 AM
ShadowFyre

People give them a lot of hate. But I really enjoyed the first 2 transformers and both ninja turtles

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 01:52 PM
Estacado
Legendary

The first 2 were good anything after was just awful especially the last 2.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 03:43 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This will be cheesy, the whole Kong and little girl connection will be immensely stupid, but I'm looking forward to it. Seeing Kong hit Godzilla with a jumping right cross made by inner 10yo self squeal.

Wonder what the angle will be as to why Godzilla is now attacking humanity instead of protecting. I also expect that this will not last the whole film, he'll go back to normal and team up with Kong to fight the true villain.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 25th, 2021 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 06:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I think the little girl who is Kong's "anchor" might be a nod to the twins who could control Mothra by singing to her back in the OG Showa films. And most people agree that there's something shady going on. Godzilla is being manipulated or there's a misunderstanding that he and Kong are too angry to work out until Mecha Godzilla or Mecha Ghidorah show up.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 07:21 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

So kong just blocks atomic breath with a axe he made! Wtf is that shit.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 07:53 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Insane Titan
So kong just blocks atomic breath with a axe he made! Wtf is that shit.

The axe is made of Zilla's back plate, which is why it glowed just like his spines when he sends his fire through them and why it exploded when Kong hit Big G with it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 07:59 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

People give them a lot of hate. But I really enjoyed the first 2 transformers and both ninja turtles

Just the first one and Bumblebee were good for me. But those two were really good.

Liked Ninja Turtles, but not seen the supposedly sucky sequel.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 08:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

^ You didnt miss much there. Krang was alright, but they surprisingly did Shredder even worse than the first one. The rest was just cringe fluff like how Bebop and Rocksteady were portrayed.

But yeah, this looks fun.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 08:15 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by KingD19
The axe is made of Zilla's back plate, which is why it glowed just like his spines when he sends his fire through them and why it exploded when Kong hit Big G with it.
where are you getting it’s made from zillas back plate ? It just look like the ace is glowing because it is getting hit by his breath and explosion looks like simple ebergy backlash/build up.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 08:44 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Yeah, I’ve read that it was made from one of his dorsal fins. Just look it up if you want to make sure.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 08:50 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Shit just looks dope and fun as hell

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 08:56 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote