KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Suicide Squad

Rocksteady just confirmed this. We'll get a bigger reveal August 22nd.

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames...veal-rocksteady

I am so tired of evil Superman stories. Nothing says 'creatively bankrupt' quite like Evil Superman stories. Hopefully, that's not the suicide mission their going on this time, and his just a one off nonlethal antagonist trying to take down some villains.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 03:29 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

From a game perspective, it could be quite interesting.

Personally, I don't read the comics, or have watched not alot of the animation so I'm bumped out its going to be "evil" superman.

But I can see Rocksteady doing some really cool shit with an evil Superman.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 04:48 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: Suicide Squad

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Rocksteady just confirmed this. We'll get a bigger reveal August 22nd.

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames...veal-rocksteady

I am so tired of evil Superman stories. Nothing says 'creatively bankrupt' quite like Evil Superman stories. Hopefully, that's not the suicide mission their going on this time, and his just a one off nonlethal antagonist trying to take down some villains.

Yep. It's dumb as shit. And Suicide Squad?

sick

Edit: Even worse I'm hearing this may be a GAAS. Hard pass.

Last edited by ares834 on Aug 7th, 2020 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 04:52 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly dunno if the whole "Superman is the bad guy" thing is anything more than just marketing, and a call-back to that line in the movie. The Suicide Squad in the comics (and even the animated movies) fights villains far more than it does other heroes.

I've seen people saying (so it's all rumours at this point) that this won't be dissimilar to the New Avengers game in terms of being a semi-online, team-based action game. I wouldn't mind that, personally, but I'm still feeling really cautious, and will do until I see a trailer and some gameplay. Hopefully we get that at fandome.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 05:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I ****ing hope it's not a semi-online, team-based action game.
If so...I have no interest.

Rocksteady made their name making highly atmospheric, intense single player action games and if this something more akin to Destiny...**** that.

I was interesting in a Arkham style Suicide Squad game because it would allow Rocksteady to have new ideas depending on the character you have.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 08:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's the problem inherent in a game like this, I think: You have 5-6 characters all fleshed out, but in doing so you have to somehow balance them all in a single-player game.

At least in Arkham, all the characters played "sort-of" like Batman. They could all hide on gargoyles and could move between stealth and action easily. The Suicide Squad is so diverse that I don't see how they can make a super-tight single-player game.

I mean, I wanna see them do it, but I have no idea how they will.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 08:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I’ve liked Rocksteady games so I’ll keep an eye on this. Just from the sound of it thoug. I don’t care.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 09:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's the problem inherent in a game like this, I think: You have 5-6 characters all fleshed out, but in doing so you have to somehow balance them all in a single-player game.

At least in Arkham, all the characters played "sort-of" like Batman. They could all hide on gargoyles and could move between stealth and action easily. The Suicide Squad is so diverse that I don't see how they can make a super-tight single-player game.

I mean, I wanna see them do it, but I have no idea how they will.

It's been almost 5 years since Arkham Knight....maybe they figured something out.
I wouldn't be surprised if this comes out this year. There was rumours (or confirmed) that Rocksteady's next game was going to be annouced at this years E3.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 09:23 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Meh. Will just wait on that other Batman Arkham that is supposedly being worked on by WB Montreal if this doesnt interest me enough, which doesnt seem like it will. Of all the things RockSteady could have been doing next, this feels underwhelming.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 11:07 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's been almost 5 years since Arkham Knight....maybe they figured something out.
I wouldn't be surprised if this comes out this year. There was rumours (or confirmed) that Rocksteady's next game was going to be annouced at this years E3.

Hey, I'm open to it. As big as superheroes are in cinema, that hasn't been reflected in games these last few years. Here's hoping that Avengers, this and the supposed WB Montreal Batman game scratch that itch.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 11:55 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm worried about the implications of another evil Superman but least Harley will be there to protect us with her bat...

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 12:57 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yeah, I'm with you guys. If this ends up GAAS, it's a hard pass. I also can't see them balancing the game for every character without it playing like a shitty beat-em-up/damage numbers type of game.

Also, my bad about all the typos in the OP. I had just woken up and wasn't all there due to a rough week. "Their" and "his just a one off" make me sound kind of retarded.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 01:00 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by -Pr-
Hey, I'm open to it. As big as superheroes are in cinema, that hasn't been reflected in games these last few years. Here's hoping that Avengers, this and the supposed WB Montreal Batman game scratch that itch.

Yeah, there is not that many superhero games...and probably because it's hard to do. I know with Star Wars, the main issue is not making the game but dealing with LucasArts/Disney and getting them to OK every single design choice and story element.

I believe this is the same thing with Marvel.....and probably DC (but WB is publishing it so it's probably less hard).

I remember hearing the issues Capcom has dealing with Marvel for their superhero fighters.

Overall, I think Rocksteady has enough respect stored up to warrant waiting for information before we all assume its going to be crap.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 12:27 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I hope Rocksteady follows through with what Suicide Squad is meant to be and not take from the movie as some anti-superman task force in training. I really don't want it to be that. Please don't take notes from Avengers. Just make it Ghost Recon with DC villains or whatever.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 02:05 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I enjoyed the trailer, but no gameplay.

At least the story isn't some Injustice copy where the heroes are dicks because stupid reasons.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 12:28 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

But you still got an evil Superman. erm

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 12:59 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
But you still got an evil Superman. erm

Eh, it being because of Brainiac, and not a team specifically put together to kill Superman, makes it different enough for me.

Plus, there's always the chance during the game that you'll free Superman (and any other League members) during the game and they'd fight alongside you.

And I say this as someone that really doesn't like the excess of "evil Superman" stories.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 01:05 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The trailer looked good. It's something different from Rocksteady, which could be a good thing.

I enjoy the evil Superman thing...I think it could make for some cool gameplay moments and I'm not heavily invovled with the comics, cartoons and etc that I burnt out.

It seems to about going after the Justice League, which if true, could potentially add a ton of cool moments and interesting boss fights.

I hope the game isn't superhero version of Left 4 Dead or something like that...that would be a waste.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 04:32 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

So CGI trailer? Don’t care then. Wake me when there’s some gameplay shown.

Premise sounds kinda cool though.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 04:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like the idea of swapping mid-combat, and hopefully it's a mechanic that's been expanded since Arkham Knight.

I like the four characters they chose, and I don't even mind that they kind of muddled the Boomerangs. It also suggests they won't be going GAAS with it if they're only giving us those four.

An open world Metropolis sounds pretty sweet, and if executed right, it could be fun.

It being canon to Arkham is on shaky ground though.

I was legitimately hoping when Will Arnett asked him why they were making a Suicide Squad game, he just said "they wouldn't let us make Superman".

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 04:44 AM