KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Kind of crazy its coming out in 2022. That would make it around 7 years since the last Rocksteady game...I wonder if those rumors of that Superman game were true and it just never came to fruition.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 12:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The release date makes it more likely imo. They spend 2-3 years working on another game, it gets canned, and now they have to work on this one.

I expect Gotham Knights much sooner. What did it say, 2021?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 01:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think so.....maybe delayed a bit due to COVID.

It was probably 2 years making a prototype (I still think Superman in a game is very difficult to do), it gets canned because it didn't work (as you said), Suicide Squad does well, concept it out and then start. Yeah, you are probably right.

I wouldn't be surprised the storyline (Dark Superman + Justice League) is a direct result of the work they would of done with the Superman game. I can see some of the concept/gameplay systems being added to this game to allow Superman to run around amok. Basically, I don't think it would be a completely new game but a combination of new concepts plus a Superman prototype.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 01:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do they even need Superman to be evil?

The government *should* be terrified of even a non-evil Superman. He is a sentient WMD. It's quite believable if the government just decided having him around just wasn't worth the risk. After all, he is susceptible to mind control, etc.

I mean from what I've read the plot seems to be...the heroes being controlled. Just the fear that something like this could happen would be enough.

It'd also be vastly more interesting too.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 03:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Evil Superman sucks. Also, not a fan of them aping the jokey feeling and character design for the mains from the movie. My interest after that trailer flatlined.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 06:18 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Ok watched the trailer. Was a good CGI trailer. Will keep an eye on this I guess.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 10:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

One of my biggest pet peeves are trailers for videogames that show no gameplay.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 10:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
One of my biggest pet peeves are trailers for videogames that show no gameplay.

I know. Me too. This one was pretty fun though. Premise of the game does also seem cool. Like The Boys.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 12:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Considering the game is not close to being released (probably fall 2022), I don't have a problem. It's a teaser to show what the game is going to be about.

Gameplay will follow. Any gameplay shown at this moment is going to be faked anyways.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 11:38 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://twitter.com/nellucnhoj/stat...448132628930560

All it tells me is that WB is either tone deaf, or the big wigs hate Superman.

"We don't hate Superman! Look, Justice League Snyder cut!"
Yeah, and?

"L-look! We have Man of Tomorrow, a Superman animated movie!"
Yeah, and it's yet another origin story instead of something new, original, or adapted from a story that isn't Death of Superman.

I'm sure I can't be the only one who thinks now would've been a perfect time to push Superman, especially in this current era with the world having gone to shit thanks to a pandemic, and we'd have a character to genuinely look to for hope and a brighter future.

But no, just more Bat pandering. Even worse, they decided to double down on the grimdark with an extra middle finger by making a Suicide Squad game where the premise is you having to kill Superman, and you're in Metropolis. I don't care that he's controlled by Brainiac, it's still yet another dark Superman take. lol

A Superman game isn't some programming nightmare to do, it's just that WB won't let there be any Superman games period. Unless I get proof otherwise, I'm sure RockSteady did want to do one, but WB shut the door in their faces about it, then came back to troll everyone by making them do a Batman villain game centered in Metropolis. Whose the asshead that's been running WB for this long? They deserve a Johnny Cage nut punch or something.

And it's funny how the Superman detractors, including some of those at WB, just always say he's overpowered and be like "How would a game for him even work?", when they don't seem to have a problem with portraying Batman as unflinchingly overpowered, so I'm not sure where the overpowered complaint really comes from.

"But Batman has no powers! He's human!"
He's human in name only, and seems to have no issue beating a lot of people who do have superpowers, not to mention all of the Batwank stories out there where he's beating gods left and right, and many of the things he pulls off are outright impossible for a human.

And that Angry Joe reaction to the Superman part... I felt for him there.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 03:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The sad part is, there are rumours swirling around that if The Snyder Cut does well, they might let him make Man of Steel 2 and another Justice League.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 04:01 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I still choose to see the Arkham series as the Conroy Batman sendoff rather than this spinoff extension of it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 07:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This game is flop as hard as the Avengers game with all the live service features that's starting to show for it

also sad how this is the final thing Kevin Conroy did too.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2023 01:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It also requires online to even play the single player. First Bethesda's Redfall announces that, now this. Not that I was planning to play either one but it's just laughable. These aren't MMOs. Even Left 4 Dead lets you play offline.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2023 03:22 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Far too many live service games are being made an oversaturation of them

at least 5+ of those sort of games have been killed off this year.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2023 06:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This game is being eviscerated in the reviews.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2024 10:27 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

My favorite part is when Captain Boomerang pisses on Flash's corpse and then Deadshot can't help but admire Boomerang's big cock.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2024 01:34 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Kazenji
Far too many live service games are being made an oversaturation of them

at least 5+ of those sort of games have been killed off this year.

On top of that, the game looks like a lame Zoomer shooter Fortnight wannabe. Total waste of Rocksteady’s talents.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2024 05:17 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Impediment
This game is being eviscerated in the reviews.

As it should.

This:

Originally posted by NemeBro
My favorite part is when Captain Boomerang pisses on Flash's corpse and then Deadshot can't help but admire Boomerang's big cock.

Literally happens in the game.

First Gotham Knights, now this. Christ.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2024 07:11 PM