KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Raised by Wolves

Raised by Wolves
Started by: jaden_2.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ridley Scott, loves body bursting, loves parasites. I kind of agree with you both at this point his SciFi just consists of recycling plots he did better before.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 07:31 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I watched the first episode of this last night.

Enjoyed it. It felt like a fu#k-of-a-lot better continuation of Prometheus than Alien: Covenant did.

Trippy and weird, but I hope the writing gets a little better. It shows promise, though.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 12:02 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm still torn on this, will keep watching as I want to see where it goes, but I don't care about any of the characters really.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 05:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm still torn on this, will keep watching as I want to see where it goes, but I don't care about any of the characters really.

I think I have 2-3 to go.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 05:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Praise be to Sol!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 12:22 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The show's mullets are a bit distracting...

BUT AWESOME!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 10:22 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The show's mullets are a bit distracting...

BUT AWESOME!!

well that isn't his only mullet...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 07:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm enjoying the show, but I do have some mixed feelings about it. It's getting kind of trippy and difficult to make some sense out of at times.

Why didn't they just rip out Mother's eyes when she was vulnerable while jacked into the simulation? That convoluted attempt at draining her energy or whatever was goofy.

But yeah, I'm enjoying the premise. I still have 2 or 3 episodes left. The show sort of makes me think of this meme (see below)...

Attachment: 2 futures.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2020 07:34 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Finished the series. I liked it in that it felt very much like a Prometheus continuation of some sort. The music, production design and such was all VERY Prometheus. So really enjoyed all that, the androids were very fun to watch.

I will say that I didn't have much trouble with suspension of disbelief until the end, with the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: flying eel that Mother gave birth to. Granted, it looked very cool, but just not believable and the end of the season just created many more questions than answers. So I do hope there's another season, I guess.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 04:59 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Finished the series. I liked it in that it felt very much like a Prometheus continuation of some sort. The music, production design and such was all VERY Prometheus. So really enjoyed all that, the androids were very fun to watch.

I will say that I didn't have much trouble with suspension of disbelief until the end, with the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: flying eel that Mother gave birth to. Granted, it looked very cool, but just not believable and the end of the season just created many more questions than answers. So I do hope there's another season, I guess.

2nd season was greenlit a while back

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 07:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well, finished it and I must say, as a whole it's a heavy helping of "meh", so much "meh", which is a shame as it started out interesting.

The CGI for the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: half-android-half-human-lamprey-super-baby was just shit though, don't get it, did they blow their budget and this was the last thing they did?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 10:15 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Trailer for season 2

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 06:55 PM
ares834

Looks pretty good. I'll probably watch it even though I hated where the plot ended up going at the end of the first season.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2021 12:00 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Season 2 has settled and started well.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2022 09:29 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah, it was pretty good.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2022 07:53 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i've watched the first 4 episodes of season 2

still the series has given me no reason as too why it was greenlit

Old Post Feb 19th, 2022 04:37 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

episode 5 was bad but fair

best part was when that actress showed her legs lol

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 03:27 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
episode 5 was bad but fair

best part was when that actress showed her legs lol
Really enjoyed it, yeah, the Doctor is a hotty!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 08:28 PM