KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » You must abolish one of these 3 acclaimed BioWare series.

You must abolish one of these 3 acclaimed BioWare series.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Er, ya'll realize that means it's getting rid of ALL the games?

By Abolish, I meant "erase from existence".

Yeah I got that. I just still don’t like the ones people even consider good. Personally I hate all of these series, lol. I just figured most people would say Mass Effect.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 01:15 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
Dragon Age. It's shlock. The first game is good but the two others were decent at best.

KotOR, ME1, and ME2 are all far superior to DA1. Wouldn't mind losing TOR though. Good riddance.
Origins is better than every Kotor game.

I'd drop Kotor in a heartbeat. It's not even a competition.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2020 06:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Bad taste.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2020 06:42 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Bad taste.
^ This coming from a Pleb Wars fan. thumb down

Old Post Sep 12th, 2020 06:56 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Former Star Wars fan. I've finally freed myself from it.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2020 07:01 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Always heard people say nothing but great things about Origins.

That was the only one in the series I've tried playing and I hated it. Really wanted to like it but just couldn't; played thru about a couple of hours before I just couldn't take the extreme boredom anymore.

So I finally decided to quit and go play Skyrim instead and that very quickly cheered me right up. smile

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 07:38 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Former Star Wars fan. I've finally freed myself from it.

So when are you going to change your avatar then?

The first six films are awesome. The other ones don't even exist to me. I don't care for any of the games at all.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 13th, 2020 at 07:44 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 07:41 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
So I finally decided to quit and go play Skyrim instead and that very quickly cheered me right up. smile

Play Oblivion already.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 07:57 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been thinking about it a lot but the last time I checked everywhere I looked the game was just too expensive.

I probably will get around to it eventually. I'm hoping there will be a remastered version coming out on the PS5 at some point.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 13th, 2020 at 08:06 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 08:04 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I didn't think ten dollars was expensive for a game.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 09:13 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Show me where an Oblivion game on the PS3 that has all of the dlc's included in it is only $10.

It's been a while since I did any searches for the game but I never found one anywhere near that cheap for the PS3.

It's possible it's come down greatly in price since last time I looked but it's hard to believe it dropped all the way down to $10.00.

Perhaps you saw a used one without all of the dlc content included in it on ebay that cheaply?

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 13th, 2020 at 10:32 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 10:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That was the only one in the series I've tried playing and I hated it. Really wanted to like it but just couldn't; played thru about a couple of hours before I just couldn't take the extreme boredom anymore.

Skyrim... Skyrim... okay...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 06:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Perhaps you saw a used one without all of the dlc content included in it on ebay that cheaply?

There's several offerings on ebay for the GOTY edition that are under $10. If you order it from Gamestop, it's $15 for a used copy.

As for new copies, I don't think you can even get one anymore. It's a fifteen year old game on a console that's now two generations behind.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 08:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
There's also a fan patch that makes it better too.

Don't just go for the patch, go for the mod that restores content that was never used. Adds some cutscenes, weapons, even that HK droid factory mission.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 08:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I did enjoy Origins, fun fact: I have never beaten the game. I always saved the dwarves for the last people you go to seek help from. And always sometime while in the dwarf city I just lose interest.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 08:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Surtur
Don't just go for the patch, go for the mod that restores content that was never used. Adds some cutscenes, weapons, even that HK droid factory mission.

That's probably the one i was thinking of, Chris Avellone's personal life aside even he endorses that mod is the best way to play KOTOR 2.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 12:48 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
There's several offerings on ebay for the GOTY edition that are under $10. If you order it from Gamestop, it's $15 for a used copy.

As for new copies, I don't think you can even get one anymore. It's a fifteen year old game on a console that's now two generations behind.

Actually, when I searched on the internet about a year ago I found plenty of places that had new copies to sell but they were all outrageously expensive. Amazon had several different versions at Iinflated prices.

I'll check out the places you mentioned for used copies.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 04:18 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Skyrim... Skyrim... okay...

Yeah, so I like Skyrim a lot... sue me lol.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 04:22 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Skyrim is fun.

But beware if you try to venture into playing Morrowind thinking "I did well in Skyrim".

You will be murdered by rats.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 10:12 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, so I like Skyrim a lot... sue me lol.

Skyrim is much better than Oblivion.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 10:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote