KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Invincible

Invincible
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superb, better than the comic so far.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 02:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I don't know about that.

It certainly does Kirkman proud on the brutality front. But its early yet, can't really compare it to a finished series.

I'd imagine a lot of material from the comic will be unsuitable for TV. Like the rape of Invincible by someone who not only wasn't demonized in the least, but became sympathetic and died a heroic death. That ain't happening on TV.

I predict it will become its own thing, the same way Walking Dead did. Maybe Invincible won't even Marry Eve this run, and end up with Amber.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 02:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

should i read the comics

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 06:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
should i read the comics

I wouldn't at this point. If you liked the big twist, the comics might spoil other things.

You can always catch up later to compare them to the show.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 09:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I don't like how they're handling Nolan, though. He wasn't such a blatant ******* in the comics at this point.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 10:14 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Kirkman said that since the comic ran for 16 years at 144 issues, the cartoon would be paced differently since you can't do a frame for frame adaptation from comic to screen. It also took Mark way longer than 20 minutes to get used to his powers and get his suit. And for him to reveal Viltrum and all that stuff.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 10:16 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I don't like how they're handling Nolan, though. He wasn't such a blatant ******* in the comics at this point.

I don't remember him talking down to his wife at all in the comics. Ever.

The whole point of his reform is that he went native, and she was the reason.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 10:55 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by cdtm
I don't remember him talking down to his wife at all in the comics. Ever.

The whole point of his reform is that he went native, and she was the reason.

I'm pretty sure their were a few moments he snapped at her and went overboard like any normal couple, but I remember clearly when he dropped the bomb and told her he never loved her. He saw her as a pet and only used her to have Mark.

They're showing him in a more negative light though because this isn't a comic so they can't just give him thought bubbles to explain his motivations. We the audience have to see that he's not truly what he seems and they can only show us that through his actions.

The show will not be a page by page adaptation of the comic, so people should just stop griping about that now or else you'll be complaining about every single episode, but no cartoon adaptation has ever and will ever be 100% the same as the comic it's based on.

Also Nolan hasn't reformed yet. There's a lot that happens between the end of episode 1 with what he did and him becoming a better guy.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 28th, 2021 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 11:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by KingD19
I'm pretty sure their were a few moments he snapped at her and went overboard like any normal couple, but I remember clearly when he dropped the bomb and told her he never loved her. He saw her as a pet and only used her to have Mark.

They're showing him in a more negative light though because this isn't a comic so they can't just give him thought bubbles to explain his motivations. We the audience have to see that he's not truly what he seems and they can only show us that through his actions.

The show will not be a page by page adaptation of the comic, so people should just stop griping about that now or else you'll be complaining about every single episode, but no cartoon adaptation has ever and will ever be 100% the same as the comic it's based on.

Also Nolan hasn't reformed yet. There's a lot that happens between the end of episode 1 with what he did and him becoming a better guy.

Wow.

Amazing they worked it out after that.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Doubly ironic Mark was used himself, in a different way. I'm 99% certain if we get to that point in the series, it ain't going down like that. Getting raped, keeping quiet about it, and his rapist being portrayed as a loving mother who dies a sympathetic death? Uh-uh.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 11:10 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Ok. I still don't like how much on the nose it is.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 03:12 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Ok. I still don't like how much on the nose it is.

He's kind of coming off full on villian at this point.

Sitting back while a monster razes the city calming telling his wife "I'm on vacation".

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 01:35 PM
KingD19

The point is basically that we the audience know he's a villain. The in universe general public don't however. Nolan doesn't have to hide who and what he is from us the viewers because we don't exist for him. He can be as much of a dick as he wants in another dimension or away from the cameras because as far as everyone on Earth is concerned he's their greatest hero.

I dont like it as much as the comic but I understand why. Kirkman can't draw it out for a super long time. The show might not make it long enough so he has to streamline it as much as possible. He can't use multiple episodes for a super slow reveal like he did in the comics because what if it gets canceled in season 2 and he spent most of season 1 dropping breadcrumbs? Now the pacing of the show is out of whack.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 03:33 PM
cdtm

They wasted a lot of time with the dating game though. Could have cut out a bunch of scenes there. Actually, the Demon Detective was a bit of a waste too, the reveal that Cecil knows and is sitting on it didn't really require all the screen time Demon Detective got, who is now out of the show.

Gonna be pretty hard to walk back Nolan as an irredeemable villian for a TV audience. I'm not sure Nolan is getting a redemption arc at the end of this.

I mean, he COULD.. But I have a feeling there may be a lot of changes from the comic, like they did with Walking Dead. Not even all that sure Mark and Eve will be more then friends.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 04:00 PM
KingD19

Mark and Eve definitely will end up together. Their relationship struggles and triumphs are one of the main focuses of the series. There's even a moment after Mark and Amber break up and he starts dating Eve where he beats the dog shit out of her new bf because he's abusing her. And even though they broke up, he still cares about her and they're still really good friends. And Mark and Eve have a long conversation about that.

And Nolan will be the same as Neegan. He does a lot of messed up stuff but eventually gets back on the good guys side with heavy restrictions and ends up being necessary despite all he's done. People don't really like having him around but they realize he is a damn good bulwark against everyone else that wants to take Earth.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 04:18 PM
Darth Thor

Never read the comics, but the show is great so far.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 04:42 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Never read the comics, but the show is great so far.

You definitely should. You get way more detail and involved storytelling. I'm gonna tell you now though, the hits come hard and they keep on coming. This series makes you feel hurt and sorrow and anger like all the time. Its way more emotionally taxing than reading a Marvel or DC run. Because it deals with real issues that are compounded by super powers and that entire world.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 05:06 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched all 4 episodes and this freaking fracking awesome

gonna read the comics after the 8 episodes are done

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 07:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

How do you think Anissa will happen?

Same as the comic? Completely different?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 08:34 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

You definitely should. You get way more detail and involved storytelling. I'm gonna tell you now though, the hits come hard and they keep on coming. This series makes you feel hurt and sorrow and anger like all the time. Its way more emotionally taxing than reading a Marvel or DC run. Because it deals with real issues that are compounded by super powers and that entire world.
I agree with this. 👍🏻

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 08:43 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by cdtm
How do you think Anissa will happen?

Same as the comic? Completely different?

Amazon gave us "The Boys" and Kirkman made Walking Dead. They knew what they were getting into with him. If it's not exactly the same, it'll be pretty similar. They might have him fight a bit harder. But it's gonna happen.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 09:21 PM