KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Invincible

Invincible
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Is the Viltrumites going genocidal on themselves to cull the weaker bloodlines out of their society a part of the comic too?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
If the Mark/Nolan fight was that gore-filled, the Conquest fight should be truly epic... thumb up

That was the old ass Viltrumite, right?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 4th, 2021 09:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Newjak
I just took it as angsty teenager trying to process her emotions. Plus she probably couldn't have just told him out in public why she was mad so had to play up the he ran away angle in the moment to not give away his identity.

Eh, maybe. Seemed like lazy writing though.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 09:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Is the Viltrumites going genocidal on themselves to cull the weaker bloodlines out of their society a part of the comic too?

Yeah, with the cyborg arm.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 09:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Eh, maybe. Seemed like lazy writing though.
I would agree it wasn't the strongest moment on the show.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 5th, 2021 12:09 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah. However, there's a little more to that side of the story, involving a virus that affects Viltrumites specifically. We should learn more about it in later seasons(which have already been greenlit btw.)

Yeah, this guy:
https://imagecomics.fandom.com/wiki/Conquest
(We actually caught a glimpse of him in the finale flashback.)

He's an older Viltrumite, but stupidly powerful and violent... second only to Thragg at this point.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 6th, 2021 at 04:58 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2021 04:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I read about the virus. I didn't see anything about the culling though.

Really looking forward to Season 2. That old dude looks badass.

How do the Viltrumites choose a planet to "assimilate"? Random, or is there some set of protocols, or something else?

Last edited by Robtard on May 6th, 2021 at 05:45 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2021 05:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh yeah, the culling happened as described. The virus came later.

The battle between Mark and Conquest should legitimately make the 'fight' with Nolan look like two children rough housing. Should be an absolute gore fest. thumb up

Hm. I don't know if it was actually stated *how* they selected which worlds to assimilate into the Viltrumite empire. I always sort of assumed that any and all worlds with sentient life were on the table, as the Viltrumites essentially wanted to conquer ALL. Not sure if there were any strict prerequisites in place.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 07:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Can't wait.

Ah, thanks. Was just curious if there was some lore behind that.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 11:38 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read about the virus. I didn't see anything about the culling though.

Really looking forward to Season 2. That old dude looks badass.

How do the Viltrumites choose a planet to "assimilate"? Random, or is there some set of protocols, or something else?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/zWsfodL9F...PkBl-kEYLGap=s0

Pretty much any planet they can use, that isn't able to resist them.

Nolan also claimed they would pillage Earth of its natural resources and leave it for dead eventually, so not certain why their progress even matters. Not like they need weapons, or any sort of architects or even slave labor..

I don't think Kirkman really thought it through, to be honest.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 01:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So it seems they choose planets that are at a certain level of advancement and defense capabilities.

I like how the "global watchtower" looks a lot like the Death Star.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 03:54 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re-watching.

If it wasn't for the mass murder attempts, would be hard seeing Doctor Seismic as a villian. laughing out loud

Old Post May 9th, 2021 02:01 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screen...y-evidence/amp/

Cecil theorized as season 2 villian.

If it follows the comic, it could happen. The thing is, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cecil was essentially smart about how he did his morally gray schtick. He reformed villians while keeping them under his thumb, and ended up doing a lot of good. Mark eventually came around to his way of thinking, except he was really stupid about it. The end result was a lot of deaths and damage to cities.

A roundabout way of saying Mark himself might be a villain.

Old Post May 9th, 2021 02:07 PM
Epicurus

Great show

Will be enjoying season 2 when it releases.

Old Post May 12th, 2021 05:55 AM
Epicurus is currently offline Click here to Send Epicurus a Private Message Find more posts by Epicurus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Just caught up. What a finale.

Think I will purposely stay ignorant of the comics for now as im enjoying all the twists and turns.

Old Post May 14th, 2021 11:53 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2023 12:48 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just caught up. What a finale.

Think I will purposely stay ignorant of the comics for now as im enjoying all the twists and turns.

One change I really hate is they stole Eve's environmentalism and gave it to Amber.

That's just mean.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2023 01:07 PM