KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Monster Hunter (Paul Anderson)

Monster Hunter (Paul Anderson)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Milla Jovovich has aged really well though. She's 45 and looks great.

She is indeed very well preserved.

Yeah, I watched it and it's a potentially fun premise ruined by Paul Anderson's extremely poor writing. He borrowed from much better alien survival movies without having any story whatsoever. I know 0% about the game, though.

And some of the editing was unnecessarily choppy and annoying.

But WHAT THE F#CK was that humanoid cat thing?? laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 01:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I believe the anthropomorphic cat is a character from the game, it acts like a companion to the character.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 07:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Finally got around to watching, and yeah, the cat guy threw me for a loop there!

The damn movie had so many holes in it!
I was really hoping for more Military versus monster action. Milla Jovovich Is still fine af though. That cadence she and her men sang was pretty much the first one I learned in Basic training 30 years ago which made me laugh!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 09:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From what i've got from this movie, If you know about the games and it's lore you're gonna be disappointed in the movie

and if don't you're gonna enjoy it more.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 01:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I’m in the latter, group, TBH, and even I realize it could’ve been better.

Oh man, the ppl in the former group must be pissed!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 02:11 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kazenji
From what i've got from this movie, If you know about the games and it's lore you're gonna be disappointed in the movie

Never played the game, but honestly don't think I could think any less of this shit film

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 08:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Robtard
Never played the game, but honestly don't think I could think any less of this shit film

Paul W. S. Anderson just needs to stay from game movie adaptations now, Starting to become like Uwe Boll at this point.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 12:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

And if you just wanted to see a half-decent fun movie you'll be greatly disappointed also. Cause I knew nothing of the game and I still thought it was laughable crap. Such shit writing.

Honestly I'd be fine with him making movies as long as he brings in a decent writer. To either collaborate with or to pen the film on their own. He's a decent and competent director, but not a writer.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2021 12:48 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
And if you just wanted to see a half-decent fun movie you'll be greatly disappointed also. Cause I knew nothing of the game and I still thought it was laughable crap. Such shit writing.

Honestly I'd be fine with him making movies as long as he brings in a decent writer. To either collaborate with or to pen the film on their own. He's a decent and competent director, but not a writer.

Haven't actually seen it but i hear the movie has a Taken 3 action style scene where it has so many ****en cuts in it erm

then again Paul W. S. Anderson did that too in the Resident Evil movie that he did too.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2021 01:22 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Haven't actually seen it but i hear the movie has a Taken 3 action style scene where it has so many ****en cuts in it erm

then again Paul W. S. Anderson did that too in the Resident Evil movie that he did too.

Yeah, some of the fight scenes were frustrating to watch. There was definitely some of that, but...

...that was the least of this movie's problems. Believe me.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2021 08:58 PM
avensis
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is very bad. Rather good audience in general, I have rarely been so impatient for the end of a film.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2021 12:23 PM
avensis is currently offline Click here to Send avensis a Private Message Find more posts by avensis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote