KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect - Legendary Edition

Mass Effect - Legendary Edition
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh, to be fair, it could have been his first time, and if he was playing the original, it's a bit trickier than the LE. At least I think so. Then there's whether he was playing on PC or console (as the combat on pc has a couple of significant changes that, come to think of it, could be part of the argument over the quality of the combat in the original).

Rotation wise? Maybe he means learning to use stuff like overload, lift and singularity, as they can make combat much less challenging. I've lost count of how many times have I used singularity, only for Garrus to absolutely smash the enemy from across the room with a sniper round.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 06:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I was playing on the 360. The early gameplay for me was basically engage buffs, do some damage, get to cover, rinse repeat. Never do anything without some form of damage reduction.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 07:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Again...I have no idea what your are talking about. I don't believe there is any buffs or damage reduction....aside from maybe a biotic barrier.

The game is dirty easy. Use a biotic on your team and you can literally wipe of the floor with enemies.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 10:00 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Played soldier, Wrex, and usually Garrus or Ashley.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 10:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah.. still don't know what you are talking about.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 10:38 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

https://masseffect1.wiki.fextralife...given%20Talent.

quote:
Immunity Progression Rewards
Lvl
Upgrade
Effect
4 Lvl Immunity Boost the effectiveness of your plating, reducing the amount of damage taken.
Increases damage protection by 50%. Accuracy Cost: 30%, Duration: 10s, Recharge Time: 60s
8 Lvl Advanced Immunity Increases duration and DP bonus while reducing recharge time.
Increases damage protection by 60%, Accuracy Cost: 30%, Duration: 15s, Recharge Time: 45s
12 Lvl Master Immunity Increases duration and DP bonus while reducing recharge time.
Increases damage protection by 80%, Accuracy Cost: 30%, Duration: 20s, Recharge Time: 30s

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 10:53 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm...never used that. It's pointless.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 10:59 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You never used any defense buffs at all?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Played soldier, Wrex, and usually Garrus or Ashley.

Well, that's your big issue there: You should have Liara with you. She's the best biotic. And you should not have Ashley with you if you're a Soldier. Bring Garrus, Tali or Kaidan.

You need one biotic (Liara, Wrex or Kaidan) and one tech character (Garrus, Tali or Kaidan). Yes, Kaidan is there twice because he can fill both roles, but separate the rest otherwise. Don't bring Ashley unless you can faceroll the thing. She's redundant if you're a soldier.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Never used defense buffs ever.

As a soldier, I guess I used the Shield one whenever my shield went away.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 11:57 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Soldiers being the natural tanks means that's not surprising. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I used shield boost or immunity.

Not everyone can be as uber as us, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 01:01 PM
cdtm

That's all I did. Immunuity, marksman, shoot as many things as I can, shield boost, get to cover. I just ignored the AI and solo'd everything.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 01:19 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No wonder why you didn't find the combat easy.

Changed the powers for squadmates to all...and see Liara lift and create singularities all over the place.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 01:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, Liara is ****ing devastating at times. Hell, one of the main guidelines for doing Insanity difficulty is simply "bring Liara".

I finished the first game last night (after a horrible bug killed my first 16 hours of progress). Still going over my thoughts in my head.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 02:16 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah.....I have a few issues with the first game.

The main missions are fun.
Story concept is great.
Universe building is amazing.
Combat is OK.
Characters are amazing.
Lore is amazing.

But there is things that I'm not so sure on.
Sidequests is a big problem with this game. If you didn't do side missions or planet hopping, a big chunk of the total playtime is removed.....but the problem is the side content is so shit....if this game was released today...it would be made fun of.

The inventory and items system is garbage. There is no question is a pile of crap. They give soo much gear that it makes the entire system pointless. Just sell a bunch of stuff and boom, spectre gear for all your friends. Once you get spectre gear, there is barely any reason to pick up gear until the very end (until you get the upgraded Spectre gear)

And the items suck... I don't know how many times I saw a piece of gear...and its was like SHITGUN IX.....and it still wasn't as powerful as the main weapon I had (BETTERGUN V). I don't know how many times you get a new armour piece and the thing is weaker in all 3 categories than the piece of armour you are wearing that is signficantly lower level. I had Garrus in a level 7 piece until they very end because every other armour was shit.

And for me, the RPG is arbitrary. Maybe enemies had a hidden leveling system...but whats the point. You rarely see any new enemy types later in the game...that requires to level correctly for. The Saren endfight took 5 minutes and I don't even think I was close to be killed.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 02:25 PM
cdtm

I realized just how bad the ME side content was when I started playing Fallout 3.

I haven't even touched the main quest, the side stuff is so good.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 02:33 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The side content is terrible. It's beyond terrible.

And it's 50% of the content you play so it's almost inexcusable compared to newer games.

I understand why EA didn't remake the first Mass Effect but I think it's a huge loss. This game could of been incredible if Bioware remade and then took a page out of Witcher 3.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 02:57 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Okay, so I finished the first one last night.

-Level 57 after a full Paragon run, with their new scaling not quite letting me get to 60 in one go. I did all but one side-mission (the one you need 80% Renagade to do).
-Main missions are great. As fun as I remember them being.
-Side missions... I think people need to differentiate what they mean when they talk about side-missions. If you mean the numerous "drive around a planet in the mako clearing out bases" stuff, then yeah, it's not great. But stuff like Bringing Down The Sky, and a lot of the side-content that is more conversation-based, ranges from okay to pretty good imo. There's just not enough of it.
-The combat... They really didn't change as much as I had believed they would. Sure, if you play sniper you'll see the biggest difference, but apart from that? Eh.
-The UI is almost exactly the same. All it has now is the junk filter. Thankfully the PC version has the refined UI from the original PC version.

-All in all, it... it really isn't that different from the original mechanics wise. The combat is easier because the guns are more accurate, and the mako is a bit easier to work with... and that's it.
-Obviously I'm not including the new coat of paint and all the HDifying they did. That, and the boosts to stability and framerates is pretty nice.

Okay, now, on to #2. I've edited my save to fix the Conrad Verner and Garrus bugs, so let's see how it goes...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 08:58 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

All right, so, today after the NDA was lifted, several modders revealed that before the game's release, Bioware had in fact been talking to them and getting feedback from them about how mods are made, and how best to structure the games so that modders would have the easiest time working with them.

It's pretty encouraging news, given that they dealt directly with the makers of the ME3explorer (arguably the single most important ME mod).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 11th, 2021 10:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 25th, 2021 01:43 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm...that could easily work.
It's kind of brilliant that it will be choose your own adventure....haha...

Honestly, I could go for a TV series....an R rated one to boot....the universe is so wide open...you could have seasons of content without even touching anything Sheppard/Reaper related.

Though...a rated R series about the Sheppard story could be incredible if done right.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2021 03:29 PM