KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Joe Biden, the 46th president of USA

Joe Biden, the 46th president of USA
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Celebrities attack Trump voters: Janelle Monae says every American who supported Trump should 'burn'

Talk about a pyrrhic victory. They are too far gone to enjoy it lol. Like rabid dogs now.

Let's make sure we give them a bigger voice.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 09:33 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Joe Biden will be the oldest president to ever serve on his first day in office.

He will also be the first president in a while to win his first term with a divided government.

He also got the most votes of any presidential candidate of all time. Donald Trump got the 2nd most votes of all time.

Personally I think the divided government may make him more popular. He’s not going to be able to do things that would otherwise alienate a large portion of the country like his predecessors did early on in their terms to cause them to lose popularity quickly. Also he’s apparently good friends with Mitch McConnell and they cut a lot of deals while Biden was VP. So he actually does have a history of making bipartisan deals.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by BackFire
Joe Biden will be the oldest president to ever serve on his first day in office.

He will also be the first president in a while to win his first term with a divided government.

He also got the most votes of any presidential candidate of all time. Donald Trump got the 2nd most votes of all time.

Personally I think the divided government may make him more popular. He’s not going to be able to do things that would otherwise alienate a large portion of the country like his predecessors did early on in their terms to cause them to lose popularity quickly. Also he’s apparently good friends with Mitch McConnell and they cut a lot of deals while Biden was VP. So he actually does have a history of making bipartisan deals.

I think the bipartisan way is the key here. If he's able to offer an olive branch maybe we can stop being so tribalistic and combat this pandemic and economy.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:34 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I think the bipartisan way is the key here. If he's able to offer an olive branch maybe we can stop being so tribalistic and combat this pandemic and economy.
Where the hell have you been?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:37 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Blakemore
Where the hell have you been?

Cbvf....my power wanes when I'm in this reality for too long

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:45 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cbvf....my power wanes when I'm in this reality for too long

Condolences, you must have seen people lie dozens of times and say batman can beat karate kid.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The White House may become less vulgar and destructive on Inauguration Day, but the damage Trump has done to the government could take a long time to repair. Trump’s decision to disband a federal pandemic response team and cut funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may become his most famous bureaucratic failure, but his administration has infested agencies across the government with unqualified political appointees. Trump infected every mechanism of government with politics where none was required. He even managed to make weather forecasting a partisan battlefield. We won’t know how much harm has been inflicted on our democracy until we root out the corruption and inspect the damage.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/7/...-trump-defeated

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Net Neutrality will probably come back too.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel like it's naive for anyone to think the WH will become less destructive.

As in, a not very bright person might say that.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Though wait I'm nice, I will allow an amendment, if people meant "they will just seem less destructive".

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 11:49 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Condolences, you must have seen people lie dozens of times and say batman can beat karate kid.

As opposed to the lies told here? In any event I just came to see how cordial you all would be to each other...all things considered

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 12:02 AM
Artol

I’m sure the deals Joe Biden and Mitch McConnell cut will be wonderfully beneficial for the American people.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 12:03 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I feel like it's naive for anyone to think the WH will become less destructive.

As in, a not very bright person might say that.

If you’re gonna give delicious sour grapes, I’m gonna eat them. Nom. Nom. Nom. :0

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 01:54 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

As opposed to the lies told here? In any event I just came to see how cordial you all would be to each other...all things considered

Come back more often

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 01:57 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I have been out all day in the Sunshine dry season has started weather is too lovely on a Saturday to be anywhere but the Garden with a book. smile

Ah, we're getting ready for winter like The Night's Watch back in Blighty, although it's not actually that cold for the time of year.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 02:05 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

But we all know, winter is coming.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 02:05 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Artol
I’m sure the deals Joe Biden and Mitch McConnell cut will be wonderfully beneficial for the American people.

Y wouldn't they? Or am i misreading your statement and it was genuine.

Originally posted by Robtard
Come back more often

Rob, always a pleasure

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 02:14 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Artol

Your sarcasm aside, it is possible some good could happen even if it’s for selfish reasons of either man wanting to win reelection. If they both can agree and concede where they both get something their constituents want, we could see some progress.

McConnell stonewalled under Obama though, so I’d expect him to do that until proven otherwise, if he maintains power after Jan.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 02:25 AM
Flyattractor

So has anybody started the Poll on whether the New Hair Sniffer in Chief will get Removed via Old People Incontinence or Him Getting Epstiened?

I hope He dies.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 02:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So has anybody started the Poll on whether the New Hair Sniffer in Chief will get Removed via Old People Incontinence or Him Getting Epstiened?

I hope He dies.

oof

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 02:44 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote