KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » RIP David Prowse

RIP David Prowse
Started by: Archaeopteryx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Archaeopteryx

RIP David Prowse

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 10:49 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

RIP Darth Prowse, you will be missed. sad

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 10:54 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Heard about this earlier. Sad.

I couldn’t help but smile though; the link I read it on said the name of his (2011) autobiography was “Straight from The Force’s Mouth”. That is just superb.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 11:00 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

R.I.P. Lord Vader

You were such greatness, Mr. Prowse

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 09:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nooooooo, he won't be there when I cross the road.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2020 09:22 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wish I could say I knew more about him but all I know is that he played as Darth Vader in the original SW trilogy (which was and still is the best), except for Vader's voice of course.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 01:47 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Wish I could say I knew more about him but all I know is that he played as Darth Vader in the original SW trilogy (which was and still is the best), except for Vader's voice of course.

He played Green Cross Man...

...for decades. Taught English kids about crossing the street and general road safety.
He helped train Christopher Reeves for Superman, had parts in things like A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Who and Vampire Circus. He was a bodybuilder and strongman. Interesting guy, it looks like.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 01:58 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for that info.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 03:00 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superdad76
dad

RIP

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 09:40 PM
Superdad76 is currently offline Click here to Send Superdad76 a Private Message Find more posts by Superdad76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote