KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.
Started by: wxyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

So from what I understand.

The Trinity is God is three persons, yet all three are separate from each other.

Also, they're not equal to each other.

How does that make any sense?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 12:08 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I think the only way to describe the answer would be the Mothman Answer to the same question...So Yeah.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 04:07 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wxyz

The Trinity is God is three persons, yet all three are separate from each other.

They are God's three
"forms".

They are all equal in knowledge, power, and presence.

They have different roles though, but at the same time, the same roles.

It is difficult to understand, but yeah.

Read this if you are interested: https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/reli...nsible%20God%22

God bless. thumb up

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 04:43 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Link is broken.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 02:46 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

You just have to accept holiness.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 02:52 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superdad76
dad

the holiness is trinity correct ?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 07:11 PM
Superdad76 is currently offline Click here to Send Superdad76 a Private Message Find more posts by Superdad76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Link is broken.
I don't know it doesn't work on KMC but other platforms. Weird.

Originally posted by Superdad76
the holiness is trinity correct ?
Holiness is a synonym for purity.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 08:04 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Holiness is doing something right that is great like Jesus accepting the Holy Spirit from John.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 01:40 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
I don't know it doesn't work on KMC but other platforms. Weird.

Holiness is a synonym for purity.

Direct me to another resource.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 01:57 PM
NostalgiaSearch

Re: Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

An atom can have three particles, all of them are the same single atom and are connected, but all of them are seperate.

Although the trinity is one of those things that the Bible never explains in detail, that is how I see it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2020 06:16 PM
NostalgiaSearch is currently offline Click here to Send NostalgiaSearch a Private Message Find more posts by NostalgiaSearch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay the tri-force came from 3 maidens who made wisdom, power and courage.

Link is broken.
Indeed.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2020 10:46 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Holy Trinity is something I don't think anyone truly understands other than God, Himself. Just saying that it is different forms or aspects of God isn't enough.

When Jesus walked as a human on earth He prayed to His Father on several occasions. Was He just praying to an aspect of Himself? What would be the point of that? That seems like something someone with a multiple personality disorder would do.

There is a verse where He says only the Father truly knows when He Himself would return. If He and the Father are truly equal and just different aspects of the same being shouldn't He know that as well?

In John 3:16 where it says that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son..." why does it not instead just say "For God so loved the world that He gave Himself..."?

There are many other verses that also put holes in the argument that the Trinity is just different parts of God rather than it being three separate and distinct persons.

With that said, I do in fact believe that there is truly only one God. The trinity is just something I (and probably many others) probably will never truly understand.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Dec 27th, 2020 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 06:24 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Joy of memories made complete by triplicate.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 07:18 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

https://keithferrin.com/simple-explain-trinity/

I do not know why the links are not working. Try copy and pasting this directly into the search engine. smile

Last edited by victreebelvictr on Dec 27th, 2020 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 08:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

The Holy Ghost = An expression of god's love (what impregnated Mary, Jesus' mum)

The Trinity = God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are the same, but also separate. Like water can be a liquid, a solid or a gas. Gas! Gas

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 07:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Robtard
Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

The Holy Ghost = An expression of god's love (what impregnated Mary, Jesus' mum)

The Trinity = God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are the same, but also separate. Like water can be a liquid, a solid or a gas. Gas! Gas
Pretty good basic definition. thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 07:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So today we've learned that god is a liquid

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 07:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

So today we've learned that god is a liquid
Seems logical. thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 07:30 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 10:29 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

the holy ghost is sperm... did I get that right?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 10:31 AM