KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, not sure I'd want that either.

Honestly I dont even want a Kenobi show. Literally no need for one.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Honestly I dont even want a Kenobi show. Literally no need for one.

Eh, there's a bunch of history/time between the end of Ep3 and beginning of Ep4, if they do it right, they can entertain without shitting on continuity and Ewan was a wonderful Obi. So I'm looking forward to it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kenobis development on Tattooine and protecting Luke interests me way more than anything he did in TCW

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Feb 5th, 2021 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 08:10 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'm looking forward to the episode where he forgets all about R2-D2. And the one where he forgets about Qui-Gon. Perhaps that'll be in the same episode.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 09:34 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
In Legends, it was implied that Kenobi didn't finish the job because he sensed Palpatine's imminent arrival on Mustafar, and basically had to flee asap.

He literally just needed to flick his wrist so he went into the lava. He could have done it while running.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
I'm looking forward to the episode where he forgets all about R2-D2. And the one where he forgets about Qui-Gon. Perhaps that'll be in the same episode.

And where Qui Gon explains why he learned the secret to immortality and never told him.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
Eh, there's a bunch of history/time between the end of Ep3 and beginning of Ep4, if they do it right, they can entertain without shitting on continuity and Ewan was a wonderful Obi. So I'm looking forward to it.

Hes a great Obi. I just dont think theres a need for this show. Theres lots of other characters to explore, lots more interesting stories to tell.

And was always going to be difficult making an entertaining show with him just hanging out on Tatooine. So screwing up continuity kind of came with the territory here methinks.

Im looking forward to how no one will be able to call him Obi-Wan.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Han Solo was always kind of an a-hole to ol' Ben Kenobi.

So of course he named his evil kid after him.

"He's evil"

"I know"

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 11:18 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

And was always going to be difficult making an entertaining show with him just hanging out on Tatooine. So screwing up continuity kind of came with the territory here methinks.

Im looking forward to how no one will be able to call him Obi-Wan.

They don't really have to keep him on Tatooine all the time, there's nothing to stop him going off to prevent Imperial forces getting back to the Emperor with info on Luke's existence, taking him away from Tatooine for what could be whole story arcs on their own.

My God yes, I forgot about his genius decision to change his name to Ben, they should explain that too, along with how it was enough to evade Imperial detection for 19 years.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 11:54 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

who even gave ben his obi wan name why wasn't his original name good enough?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 12:08 AM
Zenwolf

They don't really have to keep him on Tatooine all the time, there's nothing to stop him going off to prevent Imperial forces getting back to the Emperor with info on Luke's existence, taking him away from Tatooine for what could be whole story arcs on their own.

Why or how would they know Luke's importance? They don't even know his name.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 6th, 2021 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why or how would they know Luke's importance? They don't even know his name.

That was an off hand example, just saying that it's not too difficult to come up with reasons for OB1 leaving Tatooine. It's not a challenging hurdle IMO.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 02:01 AM
Darth Thor

That was an off hand example, just saying that it's not too difficult to come up with reasons for OB1 leaving Tatooine. It's not a challenging hurdle IMO.

Point is Its risking messing with canon for no reason.

Theres simply no real need for this show IMHO. Its attempted fan service because people like Ewans Obi. Vader being in this is all the proof we need its intent is fan service.

And its not like we dont already have plenty of Obi-Wan in canon.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 06:45 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It feels like they are overloading us with Star Wars shows and movies. Which shows that no matter what too much of a good thing can be bad.

In addition to these tv shows I have no doubt Disney is scheming up another trilogy because why wouldn't they? They're more or less guaranteed to make at least a billion on each movie.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 03:34 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I hope somehow A'Sharad Hett is in this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 11:37 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Point is Its risking messing with canon for no reason.

Theres simply no real need for this show IMHO. Its attempted fan service because people like Ewans Obi. Vader being in this is all the proof we need its intent is fan service.

And its not like we dont already have plenty of Obi-Wan in canon.

Don't disagree with anything you are saying, nor did I, literally just making the point that it won't take a team of Shakespeare clones to come up with a reason to leave Tatooine for an episode here or an episode there.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 03:30 AM
Darth Thor

Don't disagree with anything you are saying, nor did I, literally just making the point that it won't take a team of Shakespeare clones to come up with a reason to leave Tatooine for an episode here or an episode there.

Yeah true.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 04:29 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

https://twitter.com/starwars/status...2843239435?s=21

The cast has been revealed in this tweet.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Some teaser artwork that was recently released:

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2021 at 12:35 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2021 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

OMG.

Can't say I'm not excited for this.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2021 10:21 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote