KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Someone explain logically, why Voter ID is racist.

Someone explain logically, why Voter ID is racist.
Started by: wxyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are such a joiner bro

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 09:53 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
triggered by agreement laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 10:57 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Too stupid? No. Too poor? Quite possibly, do you dispute that various forms of government identification often cost money? Do you think that people living in poverty can't as readily go out and get one, due to issues with money and lack of transportation?

It's also funny that the biggest "gubment bad" guy (wxyz) on the forum wants the government to regulate who can and can't vote.

Whether or not poor people can go out as "readily" as non poor people and get id is a non issue.

It only takes a work day to get an id, and they last typically 4 years.

And as for the Government regulating who can and cannot vote, I don't know what you're talking about.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 12:27 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I've grown up around plenty of dirt poor white folks that couldn't afford shite, poverty ain't exclusive to POCs.
I think your missing the core problem which cdtm did a great job of talking about.

No one is saying that white people aren't poor as well but poverty disproportionately effects African Americans more than it does white people is what is talked about.

Also African Americans tend to be poor in more urban areas while white people tend to be more poor in rural areas. This also effects how poverty influences people.

Basically though anything that effects poor people tends to disproportionately effect African Americans.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:24 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I think you should have voter id laws only if the government delivers valid id to every citizen free of charge and without any extra work for the citizen. If they do that I have no problem with that. If it costs you money, time, and is obfuscated in other ways I am opposed to it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:39 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Artol
I think you should have voter id laws only if the government delivers valid id to every citizen free of charge and without any extra work for the citizen. If they do that I have no problem with that. If it costs you money, time, and is obfuscated in other ways I am opposed to it.
I think this is a pretty mature stance to have.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:47 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the uk we have the electoral roll. It's free to be on it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 02:32 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I've grown up around plenty of dirt poor white folks that couldn't afford shite, poverty ain't exclusive to POCs.

You're right. There are PLENTY of dirt poor white people.

But there has to be even more people of color, as the entire argument depends on disenfranchised people who can't vote with voter id laws in place, because they have no photo id (Or in many cases, as car).

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 02:39 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The id rhetoric is all about a core issue: How do you curb voter fraud.

Of course, the left says voter fraud isn't an issue, but I still feel its pretty reasonable to ask about the protections in place, as historically photo id's have been the stop gap measure of choice in just about anything that requires proof of identity.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 02:43 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Do you feel the same about all the other things that currently require an ID to do/buy?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 06:15 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah this is the only way it can and not just be a lazy means of trying to stop certain voters from voters.

It needs to be completely free and provided to every American free of charge.

But in the end it’s a solution in search of a problem since voter fraud on any significant level has still yet to be adequately proven in court and if it was going to be proven it would have been this year when there was so much attention and claims about it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 10:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everyone realizes that poor people come in all skin tones, yes?

Even many white people are poor and may have have just as much problems/difficulties with getting an ID as poor black or brown people. So the argument that it is the reason why it is supposedly "racist" is BS.

Voter id's should be required for all to vote.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 10:10 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah this is the only way it can and not just be a lazy means of trying to stop certain voters from voters.

But in the end it’s a solution in search of a problem since voter fraud on any significant level has still yet to be adequately proven in court and if it was going to be proven it would have been this year when there was so much attention and claims about it.

Who's posting on your account, Backfire died of covid.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 10:11 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire

thumb up Top notch!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 10:20 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
thumb up Top notch!

What a lame post.

Posting this

^more thrilling.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 10:23 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

What a lame post.

Posting this

^more thrilling.
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
triggered by agreement laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 10:26 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 10:28 PM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Everyone realizes that poor people come in all skin tones, yes?

Even many white people are poor and may have have just as much problems/difficulties with getting an ID as poor black or brown people. So the argument that it is the reason why it is supposedly "racist" is BS.

Voter id's should be required for all to vote.

thumb up Top notch!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 02:49 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Wait up, since citizens are given a social security number... why can't that be the voter ID?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 03:26 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Originally posted by cdtm
The id rhetoric is all about a core issue: How do you curb voter fraud.

Of course, the left says voter fraud isn't an issue, but I still feel its pretty reasonable to ask about the protections in place, as historically photo id's have been the stop gap measure of choice in just about anything that requires proof of identity.

I agree that the rhetoric is about voter fraud, but the core of the voter id debate is not voter fraud, that is just the removed issue that is openly talked about. What is at the core of the voted id debate is what demographics vote for whom and how can you steer that to your own benefit.

I also say that the core it not voter fraud, because we can just look at research that shows that the type of voter fraud that a voter id can feasibly prevent is a non-issue in the United States, and that other places outside the United States also function perfectly fine without it.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 03:32 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote