KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Someone explain logically, why Voter ID is racist.

Someone explain logically, why Voter ID is racist.
Started by: wxyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wxyz
Whether or not poor people can go out as "readily" as non poor people and get id is a non issue.

It only takes a work day to get an id, and they last typically 4 years.

If you believe that poor people having greater difficulty acquiring a government ID (which you think they should need to vote) is a "non-issue" then you're either mentally handicapped or, as I suspect, pushing a narrative to disenfranchise people who would be more likely to vote against your own political beliefs.

There are a lot of people in poverty whom hold onto what little money they have that isn't going into necessities to save for emergency expenses that come up from time to time. Or they just don't really have much disposable income at all in some cases. Or they just don't value voting enough to go out and spend money on an ID and would rather spend what little disposable income they have someplace else. All of these are valid enough reasons and you can frankly go **** yourself if you think they shouldn't be allowed to vote for who they want leading the country they live and pay taxes in just because they can't effortlessly drop the money to pay whatever they have to for a government ID, and for some people the costs are well over a hundred dollars and require a lot of travel when they don't necessarily have a vehicle of their own.

A better question is why do you think voter ID laws are so necessary? What scary boogeymen has convinced you of their necessity?

quote:
And as for the Government regulating who can and cannot vote, I don't know what you're talking about.

If you need a government ID to vote in elections then the government is in fact regulating who can and can not vote.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 04:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Everyone realizes that poor people come in all skin tones, yes?

Even many white people are poor and may have have just as much problems/difficulties with getting an ID as poor black or brown people. So the argument that it is the reason why it is supposedly "racist" is BS.

Voter id's should be required for all to vote.
So what? Poor white people being kept from voting is also horrible.

But while poor people come in all colors, they are disproportionately ethnic minorities, in this case black or hispanic. Or to put it another way, a far greater percentage of black and hispanic people live in poverty compared to white people (and much less than asian people incidentally).

That is why it is considered racist, because it affects a far larger percentage of black and hispanic people than it does white people. And also because it is obviously a targeted disenfranchisement of them because those demographics tend to largely vote democrat.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 04:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Voter ID is effectively a poll tax. Over 20-million eligible voters do not have a government-issued ID. And the cost of the underlying documents to obtain one range for $75 to $175. The travel required is an additional burden. For some rural Americans, the nearest ID office is 170 miles away. Never mind that many ID offices operate only part-time. One office in Georgia, for example, is only open on the fifth Wednesday of the month, which is only four times a year. Most wage earners do not have paid time off, and live paycheck-to-paycheck. They simply cannot afford to take an unpaid day off work, arrange transportation, and spend the entire day traveling and waiting in line at an ID office to spend money they do not have on ID, so they can exercise their constitutional rights.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 08:09 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I completely understand why lefties don't want voter id to be a requirement for voting: it makes it much harder for their side to get away with cheating.

So of course they're going to make up all kinds of excuses for why it shouldn't be mandatory.

And it is no shock that democrats don't think voter fraud is a big deal since it is those on their side who're typically doing the cheating.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 08:59 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
If you believe that poor people having greater difficulty acquiring a government ID (which you think they should need to vote) is a "non-issue" then you're either mentally handicapped or, as I suspect, pushing a narrative to disenfranchise people who would be more likely to vote against your own political beliefs.

There are a lot of people in poverty whom hold onto what little money they have that isn't going into necessities to save for emergency expenses that come up from time to time. Or they just don't really have much disposable income at all in some cases. Or they just don't value voting enough to go out and spend money on an ID and would rather spend what little disposable income they have someplace else. All of these are valid enough reasons and you can frankly go **** yourself if you think they shouldn't be allowed to vote for who they want leading the country they live and pay taxes in just because they can't effortlessly drop the money to pay whatever they have to for a government ID, and for some people the costs are well over a hundred dollars and require a lot of travel when they don't necessarily have a vehicle of their own.

A better question is why do you think voter ID laws are so necessary? What scary boogeymen has convinced you of their necessity?

If you need a government ID to vote in elections then the government is in fact regulating who can and can not vote.

Here in Canada, Voter ID is just common sense, you have to prove who you are in order to vote.

I find it shocking that people don't see that.

As for the cost and time.

I still don't see it as an argument, just excuses.

And as for the Government requiring ID to vote = the Government regulating who votes.

You're right.

And that's a good thing, not a bad thing like you're making it out to be.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 01:50 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Voter ID is effectively a poll tax. Over 20-million eligible voters do not have a government-issued ID. And the cost of the underlying documents to obtain one range for $75 to $175. The travel required is an additional burden. For some rural Americans, the nearest ID office is 170 miles away. Never mind that many ID offices operate only part-time. One office in Georgia, for example, is only open on the fifth Wednesday of the month, which is only four times a year. Most wage earners do not have paid time off, and live paycheck-to-paycheck. They simply cannot afford to take an unpaid day off work, arrange transportation, and spend the entire day traveling and waiting in line at an ID office to spend money they do not have on ID, so they can exercise their constitutional rights.

So would you be in favor of the Government giving every Citizen a free form of ID that can be used for Government services including voting?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 01:51 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Here in Canada, Voter ID is just common sense, you have to prove who you are in order to vote.

I find it shocking that people don't see that.

As for the cost and time.

I still don't see it as an argument, just excuses.

And as for the Government requiring ID to vote = the Government regulating who votes.

You're right.

And that's a good thing, not a bad thing like you're making it out to be.

People already have to establish their identity in order to register to vote. The system is pretty good at preventing, detecting, and punishing fraud. That is why there is virtually none.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 10:51 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

So would you be in favor of the Government giving every Citizen a free form of ID that can be used for Government services including voting?

Of course. The only objection to voter ID is that it is unnecessarily burdensome to obtain it. If the government issued them to everyone for free, then no one would care.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 10:52 PM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Of course. The only objection to voter ID is that it is unnecessarily burdensome to obtain it. If the government issued them to everyone for free, then no one would care.

I'm in favor of that too.

But glad we agree that you should provide ID to vote, whether or not the Government provides it free of charge.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 10:53 PM
Adam_PoE

I'm in favor of that too.

But glad we agree that you should provide ID to vote, whether or not the Government provides it free of charge.

No, we do not agree. I said I did not object to voter ID if the government provides it to everyone for free. I did not say I think it is necessary.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 11:25 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Some people on this forum are so good at being dicks. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 11:31 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Voter ID isn't racist but a lot of the people who want it implemented are.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 11:33 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

People comparing this to a driver's license are stupid or confused. Driving is a privilege, voting is a right. You shouldn't have to pay to be able to vote.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 11:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess the government should cover my transportation costs and wages too, right?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 12:02 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I guess the government should cover my transportation costs and wages too, right?

Since voting is a Constitutional right (Voting Rights Act of 1965) of every citizen in the US, yes, the government should cover all cost related to having a voter id, if a voter id is to be mandatory.

Only bigots think what would amount to another poll tax is not both racially and class motivated.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 12:10 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Since voting is a Constitutional right (Voting Rights Act of 1965) of every citizen in the US, yes, the government should cover all cost related to having a voter id, if a voter id is to be mandatory.

Only bigots think what would amount to another poll tax is not both racially and class motivated.

Okay Robtard. laughing

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 12:11 AM
Artol

That is not a bad idea, I like where you are going.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 12:12 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

If you're employed by the government...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 12:13 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

In the UK we have the electoral roll, it costs us nothing.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 12:14 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

So, the argument is that people shouldn't have to pay in order to exercise their rights?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 12:14 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote