KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Edward Cullen (Twilight) vs Balthazar Blake (The Sorcerer's Apprentice)

Edward Cullen (Twilight) vs Balthazar Blake (The Sorcerer's Apprentice)
Started by: Tyrannoraptor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tyrannoraptor

Edward Cullen (Twilight) vs Balthazar Blake (The Sorcerer's Apprentice)

I wonder if Balthazar Blake could do something to stop Edward Cullen the vampire & i bet that'd be a challenging match.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 07:43 AM
Tyrannoraptor is currently offline Click here to Send Tyrannoraptor a Private Message Find more posts by Tyrannoraptor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Tyranno, buddy. I'm gonna need you to at least start finding out something about these movies and characters before you make these threads. Yes, Balthazar is actually an insanely versatile and highly competent sorcerer. However, he is a human who has access to magic. That means he has human strength, speed, durability, and reaction time. He might as well be standing still to Edward who can kill him with one hit.

He actually has a spell that slows people down, so if he hit Ed with it, he'd probably still be faster than a human, but more like a super-soldier than a speedster-lite. The problem is the spell is a big, shiny, slow ball of water-ish energy that Edward could easily dodge even without reading Blake's mind, which he can do.

Seriously, have you ever watched either of these movies?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 09:07 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyrannoraptor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Tyranno, buddy. I'm gonna need you to at least start finding out something about these movies and characters before you make these threads. Yes, Balthazar is actually an insanely versatile and highly competent sorcerer. However, he is a human who has access to magic. That means he has human strength, speed, durability, and reaction time. He might as well be standing still to Edward who can kill him with one hit.

He actually has a spell that slows people down, so if he hit Ed with it, he'd probably still be faster than a human, but more like a super-soldier than a speedster-lite. The problem is the spell is a big, shiny, slow ball of water-ish energy that Edward could easily dodge even without reading Blake's mind, which he can do.

Seriously, have you ever watched either of these movies?

Of course i watched Sorcerer's Apprentice but as for Twilight maybe not the entire series.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 09:15 AM
Tyrannoraptor is currently offline Click here to Send Tyrannoraptor a Private Message Find more posts by Tyrannoraptor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

If you've seen the first Twilight you should know that
A - Edward has legitimate super speed. He's moved hundreds of feet in a split second and he is one of the fastest vamps in the series. He can do the "vanish before your eyes" trick with no problem.

B - He is always reading your mind. He can't turn it off, so he will be knowing Blake's every move before he makes it.

So he is too fast for Blake to hit, and will know what he's planning to do. What chance does Blake have?

Last edited by KingD19 on Dec 29th, 2020 at 09:30 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 09:26 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Tyrannoraptor
Of course i watched Sorcerer's Apprentice but as for Twilight maybe not the entire series.

Maybe not the opening credits eh? Nudge nudge wink wink. wink

But seriously, I’m going w. Balthazar. Too much power, versatility and experience for a Twilighter to overcome.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 09:37 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Im gonna side with King on this one. Without any prior knowledge of Edward's speed, that's gonna be tough to nail him with a spell.

Otherwise Blake wins handy

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 12:17 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Meh.
I don’t wank super speed as much as other ppl here. Actual speedsters (as in, they fight using speed as their main form of offense) like the Flash get hit by and have trouble w. ppl all the time.
Pretending characters that are fast fight like a super speedster and fight -better- than actual super speedsters, has never been my deal.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 01:06 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

https://youtu.be/hEXsOOVWuGA

Considering Edward uses his speed all the time and is one of the fastest vampires I don't see why you wouldn't acknowledge that he actually fights like that because he does. His style is being fast and using telepathy at the same time.

Also like I said he'll be reading Blake's mind and predicting his moves because he always has it on and uses it in combat to...predict his enemies moves. And thats against other super speed vampires, so against a guy with normal human stats then it will work even better

If you want to show me a human that has ever managed to hit a Vampire in the twilight movies feel free to post it.

As for the Flash thing, he gets hit by people so he can actually have a show and not solve every problem in a half second. Its called PIS. In the movie he's just a derp.

Last edited by KingD19 on Dec 29th, 2020 at 02:20 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 02:15 PM
riv6672

Agree to disagree. stick out tongue

I mean, I wouldn’t want to derail this one of a kind Twilight thread; the Twilight characters need to be played up way more in this forum.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 02:41 PM
Charles ASX

Balthazar Blake easly.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 10:29 PM
Charles ASX is currently offline Click here to Send Charles ASX a Private Message Find more posts by Charles ASX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyrannoraptor

If you've seen the first Twilight you should know that
A - Edward has legitimate super speed. He's moved hundreds of feet in a split second and he is one of the fastest vamps in the series. He can do the "vanish before your eyes" trick with no problem.

B - He is always reading your mind. He can't turn it off, so he will be knowing Blake's every move before he makes it.

So he is too fast for Blake to hit, and will know what he's planning to do. What chance does Blake have?

Now here's this one.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 04:50 AM
KingD19

Now here's this one.

I'm aware of the Blake respect thread. I looked it up before I made my first post. I mentioned the slow motion spell remember?

I pointed out how versatile he actually is, but it doesn't matter because he might as well be a statue in comparison because he is still human, with human reaction and speed. And Edward is a vampire who is super tough and so fast that Blake won't be able to hit him with his spells. And one hit will kill Blake.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 07:08 AM
Tyrannoraptor

I'm aware of the Blake respect thread. I looked it up before I made my first post. I mentioned the slow motion spell remember?

I pointed out how versatile he actually is, but it doesn't matter because he might as well be a statue in comparison because he is still human, with human reaction and speed. And Edward is a vampire who is super tough and so fast that Blake won't be able to hit him with his spells. And one hit will kill Blake.

But i was also thinking about his makeshift pit to take cover from Edward Cullen.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 12:01 PM
KingD19

But i was also thinking about his makeshift pit to take cover from Edward Cullen.

What about it? Edward can read his mind so he'll know about the pit. And Blake hiding in the pit isn't a win. It just means he's in pit.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:17 AM
Tyrannoraptor

What about it? Edward can read his mind so he'll know about the pit. And Blake hiding in the pit isn't a win. It just means he's in pit.

But Balthazar can read minds too as mentioned there.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:50 AM
riv6672

That’s ****ing hilarious!
Your best nonsense post ever! laughing

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 09:46 AM
KingD19

You're serious...? Did you watch the whole gif?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 12:40 PM
Tyrannoraptor

You're serious...? Did you watch the whole gif?
But actually that's what Balthazar himself have said to little/young Dave.

Last edited by Tyrannoraptor on Jan 4th, 2021 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 01:25 PM
riv6672

Dude, your hilarious, using that gif and sticking w. the story. thumb up

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 02:43 PM
KingD19

But actually that's what Balthazar himself have said to little/young Dave.

You gotta be trolling man. I really hope you are because otherwise...lol. Are you sure you watched the whole thing?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:05 PM