KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why would a supreme being need constant affirmation from its creations?

Why would a supreme being need constant affirmation from its creations?
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would a supreme being need constant affirmation from its creations?

I respect everyone's right to freedom to worship as they wish as long as their religion does not negatively affect others.

I do ask though, why would a God require constant affirmation from his creations, be they a toy, pet, lab experiment or work of art?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 08:19 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, why doesn't the watch worship its creator?

Why can't the iPhone worship Steve Jobs?

Heathens.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 09:14 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why does Whirly need constant affirmation from Leftists?

Joim KMC on Discord, it's a fun, laid back place to chat with people.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 01:09 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neon1234
Why does Whirly need constant affirmation from Leftists?
Other way around, and he does thumb up

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 01:14 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

The same question can go for many other religions as well.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 02:51 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
The same question can go for many other religions as well.
Does it specify a religion?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 02:52 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

God said;‘I was the light of the world.’

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 03:06 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

The answer: He doesn't. smile

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 03:07 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

He glorified His own name. And will again.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 03:16 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The answer: He doesn't. smile
Job might disagree, for Christianity... if you are a Christian and Islam literally means submission.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 04:50 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Job might disagree, for Christianity... if you are a Christian and Islam literally means submission.
But that doesn't at all mean God (assuming that it is a perfect being) "needs" it.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 06:39 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

But that doesn't at all mean God (assuming that it is a perfect being) "needs" it.
You believe in the Bible, right?

Exodus 20:2-6

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before me. "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [ generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

21Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. 23But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.24For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”

John 4 21–24

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Jan 5th, 2021 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 07:15 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

You believe in the Bible, right?

Exodus 20:2-6

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before me. "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [ generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

21Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. 23But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.24For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”

John 4 21–24
None of what you just posted supports your position.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 08:21 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

None of what you just posted supports your position.
Disagree.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 08:26 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Disagree.
Okay. Explain to me how it does support your philosophy.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 08:54 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay. Explain to me how it does support your philosophy.
self explanatory text

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 09:04 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's in caps.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 09:26 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
It's in caps.
thumb up It is! laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 09:53 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

self explanatory text
I agree with that.

Don't see how giving laws to His followers has anything to do with "needing" our support.

The jealousy part displays that He wants us to accept His gift of eternal life very badly. Jealousy by definition does not equal need.

I see what you were thinking though.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 10:19 PM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jealousy is desire though.

Joim KMC on Discord, it's a fun, laid back place to chat with people.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 10:20 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote