KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why would a supreme being need constant affirmation from its creations?

Why would a supreme being need constant affirmation from its creations?
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neon1234
Jealousy is desire though.
God can desire. He needs nothing.

I think He desires that His plans of perfection are carried out. This would make sense considering the fact that He is also perfect. thumb up

Though, don't quote me on that.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 10:25 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

So god needs desire.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 12:02 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Blakemore
So god needs desire.
No one needs desire.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 12:25 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

god does

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 12:52 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HumbleServant

Re: Why would a supreme being need constant affirmation from its creations?

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I respect everyone's right to freedom to worship as they wish as long as their religion does not negatively affect others.

I do ask though, why would a God require constant affirmation from his creations, be they a toy, pet, lab experiment or work of art?
Because he created you out of love

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 01:03 AM
HumbleServant is currently offline Click here to Send HumbleServant a Private Message Find more posts by HumbleServant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirstyGuy#1321
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Why would a supreme being need constant affirmation from its creations?

Originally posted by HumbleServant
Because he created you out of love
🤦‍♂️

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 01:10 AM
ThirstyGuy#1321 is currently offline Click here to Send ThirstyGuy#1321 a Private Message Find more posts by ThirstyGuy#1321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirstyGuy#1321
Restricted

Account Restricted

Belief n a loving God = ignorance of THE FACTS and the lacking of BASIC math skills.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 01:18 AM
ThirstyGuy#1321 is currently offline Click here to Send ThirstyGuy#1321 a Private Message Find more posts by ThirstyGuy#1321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
I agree with that.

Don't see how giving laws to His followers has anything to do with "needing" our support.

The jealousy part displays that He wants us to accept His gift of eternal life very badly. Jealousy by definition does not equal need.

I see what you were thinking though.

want verb To be deficient by the absence of some part or thing, or to feel or have a need.

A perfect being is not deficient, and does not experience absence, or have feelings, or needs.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 06:43 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
want verb To be deficient by the absence of some part or thing, or to feel or have a need.

A perfect being is not deficient, and does not experience absence, or have feelings, or needs.
Dude, you're applying logical thought to the religion forum. They don't like logic.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 09:25 AM
Scribble

Originally posted by ThirstyGuy#1321
Belief n a loving God = ignorance of THE FACTS and the lacking of BASIC math skills.
Oneness is actually pretty right here.

If God loved his creations, then he wouldn't create suffering and impose such absurdly strict rules on people.

If he sees being gay as evil, then why create gayness at all? Let alone make it an inherent characteristic of people, if burning eternally is the punishment. If being gay is contradictory of nature, that's because God made it that way. And don't blame it on the Devil — if God is all powerful, then he could simply make evil not exist. He is all-powerful, after all, isn't he?

The Abrahamic God, Sabaoth, is clearly able to be seen as either evil and malicious, or an blundering moron.

Isaiah 47:5: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

God created evil, he created satans (plural, as the concept of a singular 'Devil' is not an accurate reading of the Bible) to constantly test his children, and beset untold afflictions upon mankind for no good reason.

The Abrahamic God is the most absurd cartoon villain of all time. Either that, or he's essentially Azathoth, a sleeping idiot god thrashing around and creating vastly inconsistent and contradictory life by accident.

"Then, crushing what he chanced to mould in play,
The idiot Chaos blew Earth’s dust away."

— H. P. Lovecraft

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 10:18 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

"have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for." - Oxford Dictionary

Originally posted by Scribble
Oneness is actually pretty right here.

If God loved his creations, then he wouldn't create suffering and impose such absurdly strict rules on people.

If he sees being gay as evil, then why create gayness at all? Let alone make it an inherent characteristic of people, if burning eternally is the punishment. If being gay is contradictory of nature, that's because God made it that way. And don't blame it on the Devil — if God is all powerful, then he could simply make evil not exist. He is all-powerful, after all, isn't he?

The Abrahamic God, Sabaoth, is clearly able to be seen as either evil and malicious, or an blundering moron.

Isaiah 47:5: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

God created evil, he created satans (plural, as the concept of a singular 'Devil' is not an accurate reading of the Bible) to constantly test his children, and beset untold afflictions upon mankind for no good reason.

The Abrahamic God is the most absurd cartoon villain of all time. Either that, or he's essentially Azathoth, a sleeping idiot god thrashing around and creating vastly inconsistent and contradictory life by accident.

"Then, crushing what he chanced to mould in play,
The idiot Chaos blew Earth’s dust away."

— H. P. Lovecraft
He did not create evil. We did.

The verse does not literally mean that God created evil, for that is a mess up in the English translation I suppose.

Here is a link for it: https://www.gotquestions.org/Isaiah-45-7.html smile

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 03:49 PM
Scribble

"have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for." - Oxford Dictionary

He did not create evil. We did.

The verse does not literally mean that God created evil, for that is a mess up in the English translation I suppose.

Here is a link for it: https://www.gotquestions.org/Isaiah-45-7.html smile
Of course Sabaoth created evil, because he is evil. He is singularly responsible for all suffering. If he isn't, for argument's sake, then why let it exist? Why create a world so drastically imperfect that these things come about? And if he created humans, and humans did create evil, then Sabaoth created the potential for evil.

Are you saying that humans were able to create something that your God didn't envision? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Also, in that assessment of the line from Isaiah: The word translated "evil" is from a Hebrew word that means "adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery." ... yeah, sounds like God created evil to me. Why create adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, and misery unless you are purposefully allowing suffering into the world, or unless you made a catastrophic mistake?

Sabaoth is either supremely evil or completely incompetent.

Last edited by Scribble on Jan 6th, 2021 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 03:54 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Of course Sabaoth created evil, because he is evil. He is singularly responsible for all suffering. If he isn't, for argument's sake, then why let it exist? Why create a world so drastically imperfect that these things come about? And if he created humans, and humans did create evil, then Sabaoth created the potential for evil.

Are you saying that humans were able to create something that your God didn't envision? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Also, in that assessment of the line from Isaiah: The word translated "evil" is from a Hebrew word that means "adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery." ... yeah, sounds like God created evil to me. Why create adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, and misery unless you are purposefully allowing suffering into the world, or unless you made a catastrophic mistake?

Sabaoth is either supremely evil or completely incompetent.
Good questions. These are things I might go over in my "The Good News" thread. smile

So, till then, maybe this link will answer your questions: https://www.str.org/w/why-did-god-c...uld-go-to-hell-

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 04:10 PM
Scribble

Good questions. These are things I might go over in my "The Good News" thread. smile

So, till then, maybe this link will answer your questions: https://www.str.org/w/why-did-god-c...uld-go-to-hell-
Yeah, this article basically just proves what I'm saying. God created humans with the knowledge that he would 'have' to make 2/3 of them suffer for infinity. He didn't have to make Hell that torturous — he could have just made it so that the 'unworthy' simply die and disappear — but instead he invented a cruel and unusual punishment for beings he knew would receive it.

All so that he could be happy that a minority didn't. Sabaoth is a narcissistic psychopath. He has no love for anyone, other than himself. A self-satisfied, smug warlord unworthy of his titles. The only title he deserves is 'Evil One'.

Also I find it funny that in the article, the author admits that God can do nothing to stop humans from falling into Sin and 'betraying' him, which disproves the idea that God is All-Powerful. He is incapable of a lot of pretty simple things, it appears.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 04:24 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Yeah, this article basically just proves what I'm saying. God created humans with the knowledge that he would 'have' to make 2/3 of them suffer for infinity. He didn't have to make Hell that torturous — he could have just made it so that the 'unworthy' simply die and disappear — but instead he invented a cruel and unusual punishment for beings he knew would receive it.

All so that he could be happy that a minority didn't. Sabaoth is a narcissistic psychopath. He has no love for anyone, other than himself. A self-satisfied, smug warlord unworthy of his titles. The only title he deserves is 'Evil One'.

Also I find it funny that in the article, the author admits that God can do nothing to stop humans from falling into Sin and 'betraying' him, which disproves the idea that God is All-Powerful. He is incapable of a lot of pretty simple things, it appears.
I am actually about to write something in regards to the Holy Standards of God.

It really is hard to come to terms with them. If it is true that He is holy, His standards are definitely way higher and harder to grip then our own.

If you are interested, you may take a look.

God bless. smile

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 04:26 PM
Scribble

I am actually about to write something in regards to the Holy Standards of God.

It really is hard to come to terms with them. If it is true that He is holy, His standards are definitely way higher and harder to grip then our own.

If you are interested, you may take a look.

God bless. smile
It's probably a lot harder to come to terms with the fact that your belief has made you a hateful person, contravening Jesus's teachings. So many Christians venerate Sabaoth and Paul, and ignore the red letters of Christ. You are not a Christian; you are an Abrahamite, or perhaps a Paulite. In fact, you barely ever mention Christ, but you talk about Sabaoth a lot, and have quoted Romans, which is the essential Paul text.

But sure, I'll read whatever you write, as long as it isn't book-length. I have better mystical texts to be studying in that case.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 04:32 PM
dyajeep

in the Bible, God does not need anything from anyone

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;"
Acts 17:24-25

He is God from eternity to eternity

"Before the mountains were brought forth, and thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from eternity to eternity thou art God."
Psalms 90:2

His Godhood will not diminish without affirmations, and will not be supplemented with it

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 10:12 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Why would a supreme being need constant affirmation from its creations?

I do ask though, why would a God require constant affirmation from his creations, be they a toy, pet, lab experiment or work of art?

From the Islamic perspective Allah does not need anything. He's not a jealous God.

Worshipping God is simply the path to truth and righteousness for us:

1) to humble ourselves,

2) treat others as equals (we pray in a straight line alongside others, no matter their race or status).

3) to be mindful of our actions in daily life.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 10:27 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

You believe in the Bible, right?

Exodus 20:2-6

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before me. "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [ generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

21Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. 23But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.24For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”

John 4 21–24
None of what you just posted supports your position.

Okay. Explain to me how it does support your philosophy.

self explanatory text

laughing out loud El.Oh.El. Deflections and denials. That's about all you can expect from the devout when you literally lay out evidence right in front of them. They instantly regress to the most childish retorts. Might as well say, "I know you are, but what am I?"

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 07:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread is dumb.s

Old Post Aug 30th, 2021 04:45 PM