KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars by Ubisoft - New open-world game in the works

Star Wars by Ubisoft - New open-world game in the works
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well I would agree that Valve would always be a good choice..

No way Valve would ever bid for a Star Wars game...and Disney would never work with Valve....
Why don't you think they'd work with Valve? I don't see why Valve wouldn't bid on the SW games, they don't have much going on except for Alyx atm, they have the money for sure, and a license like SW seems right up their alley, hell Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast play quite similarly to something Valve would've developed had they been given the license.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 12:22 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why don't you think they'd work with Valve? I don't see why Valve wouldn't bid on the SW games, they don't have much going on except for Alyx atm,.

According to Gabe, Valve has quite a few games in development. As long as they're not VR only.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 12:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Why the hell would Valve make a SW game? Makes no sense.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 12:47 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
Why the hell would Valve make a SW game? Makes no sense.
I mean, Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast were basically Star Wars Half-Life/G-Mod, with the stuff they have today they could really make a banger, and the license seems like something right up their alley.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 01:10 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why don't you think they'd work with Valve? I don't see why Valve wouldn't bid on the SW games, they don't have much going on except for Alyx atm, they have the money for sure, and a license like SW seems right up their alley, hell Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast play quite similarly to something Valve would've developed had they been given the license.

Because Valve wants autonomy and has never worked on an third party existing IP. Why would they start now?

They have the pull as being a top notch developer so any game they make will automatically have some pull with the public and press. They do not need the headache on dealing with Disney. They would most likely sell millions on any new IP or using an existing IP they have (a new Left 4 Dead game?)

Also, while I believe they had slightly changed their "horizontal" company structure.. I still believe they operate based on what their employees want to make and they could go through 14 failed projects before finding one everybody wants to work on....something that Valve would never be able to do with a Star Wars license. You think EA was bad with the lack of games...having Valve try to make one would be 100 times worst.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 01:11 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I mean, Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast were basically Star Wars Half-Life/G-Mod, with the stuff they have today they could really make a banger, and the license seems like something right up their alley.

It’s not “right up their alley” at all. Smas just laid it all out why Valve making a SW game is a pipe dream.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 01:32 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Wonder what it'd be like if the For Honor devs made a new Jedi Academy.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 06:12 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Wonder what it'd be like if the For Honor devs made a new Jedi Academy.
It'd be less fun but to each their own.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 07:40 PM