KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » CW Superman & Lois

CW Superman & Lois
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

CW Superman & Lois

Not sure if anyone’s gonna watch this but I might give it a shot. It’s debuting w. two back to back eps on Feb. 23.

Teaser trailer...:

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 11:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Here's 17 seconds of Dr Cox saying no.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 09:23 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: CW Superman & Lois

I might check it out myself, Somehow.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 09:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will watch but not expecting much.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2021 11:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Is decent so far, giving what the trailer promised as a show of hopefulness liked you would expect from a Superman that isnt edged up by Synder or someone. Feels like it will deal with family matters/values differently but better than pretty much all the other CW series.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 05:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I am probably going to check this out later today. I want it to be good, but I am trying not to get my hopes up. CW superhero shows have been an extremely mixed bag in recent times.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 07:41 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Is decent so far, giving what the trailer promised as a show of hopefulness liked you would expect from a Superman that isnt edged up by Synder or someone. Feels like it will deal with family matters/values differently but better than pretty much all the other CW series.

^^^That’s nice to hear, esp. the non Snyder part!

Like TheVaultDweller, I’m going to try and watch this later today.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 09:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I like how it said "Superman saves stack" at the start.

That's pretty specific wording there. Like "We bet a fat stack of money on these CW shows and they keep failing! Time for the big guns to save our stack!"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 01:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I watched The Making Of... special before the pilot, and that was the right call, as it really got me in/set the mood.

Spoilers——

Turns out I enjoyed the pilot.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Clark’s one kid started out as emo as I was afraid he’d be from the commercials, but managed to pull out of that potential nose dive into something more realistic.

Setting up [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Morgan Edge as a big bad is a good call. It ties Lois into things, and Edge is a good character usually pushed aside in favor of Lex.

It was sad [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Clark’s mom died, but pretty awesome [SPOILER - highlight to read]: she made his first (homage to the 1938 original suit) costume. Clark doing the classic car lift and saying his mom made his costume was prob. my favorite scene.

The big action scenes w. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the armored villain were nice. Big in scope and still managing to make sure Clark didn’t come off all Snyder-y w. the civilians that were caught in the fight.

There’s a lot more I liked but this is already a lot of text-wall.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 02:43 PM
cdtm

Looking forward to evil black Luthor. I like his voice.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 02:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm
Looking forward to evil black Luthor. I like his voice.

Bluthor! eek!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 03:58 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
I watched The Making Of... special before the pilot, and that was the right call, as it really got me in/set the mood.

Spoilers——

Turns out I enjoyed the pilot.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Clark’s one kid started out as emo as I was afraid he’d be from the commercials, but managed to pull out of that potential nose dive into something more realistic.

Setting up [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Morgan Edge as a big bad is a good call. It ties Lois into things, and Edge is a good character usually pushed aside in favor of Lex.

It was sad [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Clark’s mom died, but pretty awesome [SPOILER - highlight to read]: she made his first (homage to the 1938 original suit) costume. Clark doing the classic car lift and saying his mom made his costume was prob. my favorite scene.

The big action scenes w. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the armored villain were nice. Big in scope and still managing to make sure Clark didn’t come off all Snyder-y w. the civilians that were caught in the fight.

There’s a lot more I liked but this is already a lot of text-wall.

Yeah, I agree with a lot of this. I thought it was a solid pilot. Definitely one of the better CW kick-off episodes IMO. Also, I don't know if they pumped more money into this than they normally do but it looked a lot more polished than CW shows usually are.

Also, the bit where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he basically creates an iceberg and then flies it into a nuclear reactor was pretty sweet.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 06:45 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Thinking about it, the title is Superman and Lois.

Not Clark and Lois.

Maybe planning on following in the footsteps of Future State and DCeased, where Jon takes over as Superman?

Doubt they'd kill Kal-El off, but there are other ways..

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 06:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone help me out because I'm not gonna watch Supergirl, so before I watch this I just wanna know: how do they have teenage kids? do the kids have powers?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 09:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yep. The problem child going to therapy Jon does, not the athletic one.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 10:09 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay but how do they have kids cuz they haven't been together long enough to bang and have teens

is it time travel is it they just adopted super powered teens or what?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 10:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The story starts well after they're married with children. That's the point, skipping to Super Dad drama with a few brats, one a jock and one a broken mess with all kinds of mental problems (The latter being Jonathan,. Of course)

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 11:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay but you get that I realize it starts after that and since I don't wanna catch up and watch supergirl I was asking how it got to that point...right? I thought that was obvious, who else was confused?

Originally posted by Surtur
Someone help me out because I'm not gonna watch Supergirl, so before I watch this I just wanna know: how do they have teenage kids? do the kids have powers?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 11:49 PM
cdtm

Supergirl has nothing to do with it. Don't think it's even the same Superman.

If it is, it's probably the couple we already saw married.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 11:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This tv show was not the first to introduce them with children.

So either that story was covered on Supergirl or Arrow. I don't care which, I just want the friggin origins do you know it or not?

And YES the superman from supergirl is played by the same guy and lois the same woman

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 11:57 PM