KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » CW Superman & Lois

CW Superman & Lois
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Same actors. Doesn't make them the same characters.

Pretty sure this is supposed to be outside the "Arrowverse".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 12:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Supergirl has nothing to do with it. Don't think it's even the same Superman.

If it is, it's probably the couple we already saw married.

I’m 99.9999999999% sure it’s the same Supes.
And as for the kids?

CRISIS

The big bad May actually be a result of it as well, considering what he said happened to his world.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 12:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Surtur
This tv show was not the first to introduce them with children.

So either that story was covered on Supergirl or Arrow. I don't care which, I just want the friggin origins do you know it or not?

And YES the superman from supergirl is played by the same guy and lois the same woman

The last we saw Clark and Lois on Arrowversebwas during crisis and their infant child (which IIRC was an only child) had been sent to a different earth.

As CDTM said nothing seen before in any arrowverse show gives an origin to two teenage kids. Its irrelevant. It may be Crisis related with changes we haven't yet seen in the show, it may be an alternate version on an alternate earth. We have seen a few Oliver Queens with the same actor, a few Kara's etc.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 12:10 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by cdtm
Same actors. Doesn't make them the same characters.

Pretty sure this is supposed to be outside the "Arrowverse".

Its obviously not outside the arrowverse Because its a part of the multiverse that the Arrowverse is in. afterall stargirl is on a different Earth but she still part of the arrowverse. All those doppelganger o earth X were part of the Arrowverse just on earth X. The aged Green arrow where the Kent's Baby ended up was an Oliver Queen from Arrowverse just not earth 1.

Hell thanks to crisis 1966 Batman, Birds of Prey, Doom Patrol, Titans, Smalleville, Adventures of Superboy, 90's Flash, Burton Batman, Lucifer, Swamp Thing, Routhe Superman, and if we include the tie in comics Linda Carter WW and Animated Superman are all part of the Arrowverse.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 12:17 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by beatboks
Its obviously not outside the arrowverse Because its a part of the multiverse that the Arrowverse is in. afterall stargirl is on a different Earth but she still part of the arrowverse. All those doppelganger o earth X were part of the Arrowverse just on earth X. The aged Green arrow where the Kent's Baby ended up was an Oliver Queen from Arrowverse just not earth 1.

Hell thanks to crisis 1966 Batman, Birds of Prey, Doom Patrol, Titans, Smalleville, Adventures of Superboy, 90's Flash, Burton Batman, Lucifer, Swamp Thing, Routhe Superman, and if we include the tie in comics Linda Carter WW and Animated Superman are all part of the Arrowverse.

It's a likely possibility.

I'm questioning it mainly because it seems like they're aiming for a cinematic masterpiece that can stand on equal footing with Netflix and other streaming services. Having it mix with the lesser quality Arrow shows would tarnish that effect somewhat.

Even if it does exist in the same multiverse, I doubt there will be any crossovers.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 12:29 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would be weird to make it a diff supes. Why bother? They had kids before this

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 12:45 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This article puts Supes on the same earth as the other Arrowverse characters...:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screen...red-reason/amp/

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 01:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

You know what?

Even the best Godzilla game is a mediocre fighting game.

Kind of random I know, I waa just remembering trying to play it a few days back. The mole Kaiju is really annoying.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 01:27 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this was a surprising really good episode

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 02:50 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
This article puts Supes on the same earth as the other Arrowverse characters...:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screen...red-reason/amp/

I think they made the right decision here. Would have been pretty jarring for new viewers to suddenly get rammed into nearly 10 years of Arrowverse lore from the start.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 02:59 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think they made the right decision here. Would have been pretty jarring for new viewers to suddenly get rammed into nearly 10 years of Arrowverse lore from the start.

True.
And the pilot really didn’t need it, imo.
It easily stood on its own.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 03:12 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

CW shows in general might be getting an upgrade in visual terms though. Apparently they've been in talks with HBO Max to help fund production of their original content, seeing as HBO Max is now the place CW streams its content.

Also, from what I have seen, the general reception to the premiere has been mostly positive. And I think it's because it hit on a lot of notes that many people can actually relate to right now without being overbearing and while still keeping it very much a Superman show. The biggest criticism I've seen so far is that Lois wasn't given that much to do, but I think that's going to change once she starts investigating more into the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: shady dealings with the various farm properties in Smallville being bought out.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 03:13 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

For sure. I think I mentioned before how setting up Morgan Edge will tie her into things.
She obv. doesn’t like the guy, and her reporter senses are already tingling.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 03:18 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

But I did look around and seems I was right in my assumption. Apparently the budget for this is like three times higher than they normally dish out for CW superhero shows, likely due to the new HBO Max partnership. Because we know HBO is happy to throw a lot of money at shows, especially if they think they'll be popular.

IIRC, an episode of Supergirl was about $3 million each. So, if that's the case and the budget for this is really that much higher than before, we're almost talking GoT/The Witcher budgets per episode. No wonder it looks so much better.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 25th, 2021 at 03:28 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 03:23 AM
riv6672

But I did look around and seems I was right in my assumption. Apparently the budget for this is like three times higher than they normally dish out for CW superhero shows, likely due to the new HBO Max partnership. Because we know HBO is happy to throw a lot of money at shows, especially if they think they'll be popular.

IIRC, an episode of Supergirl was about $3 million each. So, if that's the case and the budget for this is really that much higher than before, we're almost talking GoT/The Witcher budgets per episode. No wonder it looks so much better.

That’s pretty cool. It shows a lot of faith in the product!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 03:41 AM
tkitna

I gave it a chance and it was a lot better than I thought. I like the kids aspect. Will continue to watch.

On a side note, Lois is ugly. I dont remember Elizabeth Tulloch being that homely looking before. I think she lost more weight. Now, I cant look at her without seeing her funky, wrinkly forehead and her sunken jawline that makes her ears look huge. Just me I guess.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 05:30 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Kind of a random observation but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: those civilians who were there when Clark got smacked into that one building are lucky he only hit the street and building itself. That would have been a gruesome impact if he'd tagged any of them.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 03:32 PM
riv6672

Kind of a random observation but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: those civilians who were there when Clark got smacked into that one building are lucky he only hit the street and building itself. That would have been a gruesome impact if he'd tagged any of them.

Oh yeah.
He woulda Snyder-ed them big time. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:08 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
Oh yeah.
He woulda Snyder-ed them big time. stick out tongue

I was thinking more along the lines of when A-Train hit Hughie's girlfriend on The Boys.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

now i just wanna see diggle join soon

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 08:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote