KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » CW Superman & Lois

CW Superman & Lois
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i take back what i said about general lane, he'll turn heel..

i do not mind the teen angst as that is a staple of all cw programming.

jordan looks like he'll become the cw version of superboy..

i am liking morgan edge and the intergang storyline

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 03:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I misread his speech to the boys. Thought he was saying "Don't be too hard on your old man for always running off. He's saving lives." Instead he was basically saying not to bother him, because he's saving lives.

I was willing to cut Lane some slack, w. him being an Officer, but that speech to the kids and his interactions w. Clark and Lois was just him being an ass regardless.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2021 09:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I won't lie, I kept zoning out last night. Lot of rewinding.

Seemed like a setup episode, not a lot happening.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 03:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I won't lie, I kept zoning out last night. Lot of rewinding.

Seemed like a setup episode, not a lot happening.

I may watch it tonight.
My spouse has ended up liking/watching the show and she was out and about last night so I wanna wait and watch together.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 05:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Looks like episode 5 was the end of season 1.

For now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screen...ate-reason/amp/

quote:
Although things have been progressing smoothly, Superman & Lois episode 6 was delayed to May 18 - almost two months after episode 5 aired in mid-March - due to a previous positive COVID-19 test on set. A domino effect resulted in the schedule being shifted and Supergirl season 6 premiering in Superman & Lois' slot on Tuesday, March 30. It's not ideal to have a two-month hiatus after only a few episodes, especially for a brand-new series, but the positive reactions to the series suggests viewers will tune back in when it returns in May.

That's not good. Two month gap isn't good at all.

DC execs must be panicking hard, with the money they've sunk in this.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 31st, 2021 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2021 02:06 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah, so that's the reason for the delay and why Supergirl suddenly took this show's time slot. Very unfortunate.

Still enjoyed the Supergirl episode shown today though. Lex has still got it, though might be the last we see of him for awhile...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2021 04:29 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i'll miss this show until it returns

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 1st, 2021 08:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Looks like episode 5 was the end of season 1.

For now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screen...ate-reason/amp/

That's not good. Two month gap isn't good at all.

DC execs must be panicking hard, with the money they've sunk in this.

Pretty sure I heard about this before the show premiered. The plan was to switch out w. Supergirl the whole time.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2021 08:49 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Episode 7

I'm not sure any of the people who make Superman shows know anything about how his powers work.

Red sunlight doesn't just shut off his powers instantly, he does have a charge to burn through.

Idiots.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 01:25 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Still an otherwise cool episode, what with the Steel revelation.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 09:08 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Kinda strange how Steel seems to think Superman is going to be just as evil as his universe's Superman, like maybe observe the guy for a little bit see the differences... no right out of the gate let's destroy him... some f ucking hero.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 10:19 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Episode 7

I'm not sure any of the people who make Superman shows know anything about how his powers work.

Red sunlight doesn't just shut off his powers instantly, he does have a charge to burn through.

Idiots.

That's a recent invention, instant depowering was the standard. Red Son Superman did it that way. Even Infinite Crisis went there with Superboy Prime taking damage from red solar charged fists, or Batman using mini red suns in his Justice Buster.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 10:34 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Kinda strange how Steel seems to think Superman is going to be just as evil as his universe's Superman, like maybe observe the guy for a little bit see the differences... no right out of the gate let's destroy him... some f ucking hero.

I mean Batfleck didn't give Superman a chance at first either, using no detective skills to deduce that he wasn't evil like the other kyptonians and just wanted to kill him (world's greatest detective ladies and gents)... Unfortunately, some of that writing seems to have rubbed off on CW Steel, but still an otherwise more likable character.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 10:51 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Still an otherwise cool episode, what with the Steel revelation.

So Bluthor is really John Henry Irons?

Old Post May 28th, 2021 10:54 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So Bluthor is really John Henry Irons?

Yeah, and apparently (plot twist) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he's not really a Luthor. The AI was just initially programmed for the Luthor of his earth which he didn't take the time to change when redesigning the suit, so the AI just saw him as Luthor even though he wasn't. Kinda weird, but whatever.

Old Post May 29th, 2021 12:01 AM
riv6672

Yeah, and apparently (plot twist) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he's not really a Luthor. The AI was just initially programmed for the Luthor of his earth which he didn't take the time to change when redesigning the suit, so the AI just saw him as Luthor even though he wasn't. Kinda weird, but whatever.

Pretty cool twist(s).
I’m two eps behind, but I don’t mind being spoiled. My spouse watches this too, so now I can look forward to explaing who this guy is based on in the comics! stick out tongue

Old Post May 29th, 2021 01:05 AM
cdtm

I will miss Bluthor. sad

Old Post May 29th, 2021 01:24 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I mean Batfleck didn't give Superman a chance at first either, using no detective skills to deduce that he wasn't evil like the other kyptonians and just wanted to kill him (world's greatest detective ladies and gents)...

Has any movie Batman been a detective? Seems like he just throws batarangs and punch guys and shoot stuff from his car.

Old Post May 29th, 2021 02:08 AM
cdtm

Not really.

Detective Batman could make some fun crossovers. Can you imagine Batman meets Back to the Future?

Doc Brown making deals with Libyan terrorists, handling f'n plutoniam at a mall, inviting a teenage boy in the line of fire by said Libyans, building a time machine that could rip apart the space time continuum, and testing that time machine on a poor dog..

Sounds like a Batman villain to me.

Old Post May 29th, 2021 02:32 PM
riv6672

Not really.

Detective Batman could make some fun crossovers. Can you imagine Batman meets Back to the Future?

Doc Brown making deals with Libyan terrorists, handling f'n plutoniam at a mall, inviting a teenage boy in the line of fire by said Libyans, building a time machine that could rip apart the space time continuum, and testing that time machine on a poor dog..

Sounds like a Batman villain to me.

Somehow I think Bats wouldn’t be too upset about that whole putting a teenage boy in the line of fire thing. laughing

Old Post May 29th, 2021 04:35 PM