KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They should create new characters, like the Autumn Soldier and Spring Soldier.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 05:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

A couple more TV spots for this:

I quite enjoy the chemistry between these two.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 06:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I quite enjoy the chemistry between these two.

Yeah will be cool to get a superhero version of a buddy cop movie. Like a Super Lethal Weapon.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 09:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah will be cool to get a superhero version of a buddy cop movie. Like a Super Lethal Weapon.

Yeah, and there are supposed to be a few other characters and cameos as well. I saw War Machine in some of the other footage, and we know Sharon Carter is going to play a role too.

On a side note, that look on Bucky's face when Sam makes the hat comment is priceless.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 07:32 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

They're dropping a lot of short teasers now though. I really wonder WTF is the story around what's shown from 0:08 onward.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 07:50 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Final Trailer

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 04:40 PM
tkitna

Thought the 1st episode was excellent.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Love that they introduced Johnny Walker.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 20th, 2021 12:16 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty decent start...

i feel [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the thunderbolts will be introduced and formed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 20th, 2021 02:38 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Decent start IMO. It was a bit slow in parts, but I understand why. They wanted to give us a firm idea of where both characters are at in their lives after Endgame before jumping into the main story.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2021 06:56 AM
Smurph
------

Opening scene was great. Batroc in a wingsuit is exactly the right way to kick things off, lol

Everything else felt like set-up so we’ll just have to see where it goes. The test for me will be whether the show can get both main characters out of Cap’s shadow enough to make this more than the sidekick series.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2021 03:14 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I really enjoyed it, good combo of action and building.

This also felt like it had more money thrown into it than WandaVision.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2021 03:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Decent start IMO. It was a bit slow in parts, but I understand why. They wanted to give us a firm idea of where both characters are at in their lives after Endgame before jumping into the main story.
Agree 100%
Originally posted by Smurph
Opening scene was great. Batroc in a wingsuit is exactly the right way to kick things off, lol

Everything else felt like set-up so we’ll just have to see where it goes. The test for me will be whether the show can get both main characters out of Cap’s shadow enough to make this more than the sidekick series.
Agree 100%
Originally posted by Robtard
I really enjoyed it, good combo of action and building.

This also felt like it had more money thrown into it than WandaVision.
Agree 100%

Agree 300% fer sure!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2021 08:46 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You're very agreeable stick out tongue

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 11:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

New episode was f*cking amazing. We get to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Isaiah Bradley the black man who replaced Steve after he got frozen. He was the only survivor of horrible Super Soldier experiments done on black men, and after serving his country was hidden away and imprisoned because they couldn't handle publicly proclaiming a Black Cap. And as Captain America he was strong enough to rip Bucky's arm in half. Even in his old age, he still has incredible strength and would probably wipe the floor with anyone like M'Baku level and down. We also get confirmation that Power Broker can give people at least Super Soldier(Bucky, Steve, T'Challa) level powers and that probably means Walker's gonna get a few doses to get to US Agent levels.

We also see just how much race plays into the world even today.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 26th, 2021 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2021 04:32 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

great episode... wyatt russell is gonna be awesome as he progresses thru the series

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 02:47 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by KingD19
New episode was f*cking amazing. We get to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Isaiah Bradley the black man who replaced Steve after he got frozen. He was the only survivor of horrible Super Soldier experiments done on black men, and after serving his country was hidden away and imprisoned because they couldn't handle publicly proclaiming a Black Cap. And as Captain America he was strong enough to rip Bucky's arm in half. Even in his old age, he still has incredible strength and would probably wipe the floor with anyone like M'Baku level and down. We also get confirmation that Power Broker can give people at least Super Soldier(Bucky, Steve, T'Challa) level powers and that probably means Walker's gonna get a few doses to get to US Agent levels.

We also see just how much race plays into the world even today.

Walker might [SPOILER - highlight to read]: not need multiple doses. They've made it clear he's already pretty much the pinnacle of what an unenhanced human can be, so I imagine that with the Super Soldier Serum he'd probably end up above any of the Super Soldiers that have come before him, having a stronger base to work from.

I just hope Bucky's going to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: stop basically being useless at some point. So far, all he's basically done is mope, gotten his ass kicked, been shown up tactically, been outperformed during the truck fight by a physically inferior noob to the superhero game (Walker, who did better in that fight than Bucky did), needed rescuing by Sam and has gotten arrested. Even his cooler feats have been undermined, like jumping from the plane where it was played for laughs or outpacing the trucks by immediately getting whooped by Karli. At this point Sam would probably be better off actually teaming up with Walker.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 05:37 AM
tkitna

I just hope Bucky's going to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: stop basically being useless at some point. So far, all he's basically done is mope, gotten his ass kicked, been shown up tactically, been outperformed during the truck fight by a physically inferior noob to the superhero game (Walker, who did better in that fight than Bucky did), needed rescuing by Sam and has gotten arrested. Even his cooler feats have been undermined, like jumping from the plane where it was played for laughs or outpacing the trucks by immediately getting whooped by Karli. At this point Sam would probably be better off actually teaming up with Walker. [/B]

Agree with all that.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 07:55 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I think you're all missing the point of his broken psychology at this point. Its only been a brief point since he came back from the Blip, and there's also the fact he was used as a ****ing HYDRA agent multiple times. He even says in the first episode that's he only had a brief time to breathe and find himself. He's not operating 100% and Sam being a little ***** and rejecting the shield probably does create a rift between them. And yeah he got caught off guard twice, I wouldnt've written the fight that way but it is what it is. Personally, I would've given the shield to Bucky as he's the closest to Cap in physicals and skill. Sam's storyline is completely uninteresting to me

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 10:53 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

No, I get that he's damaged and working through stuff. But that doesn't change the fact that we're 1/3 of the way through the show and he has yet to make any meaningful positive contribution. And some stuff is just stupid. Like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: him wanting to just rush into the fight with the Flagsmashers because "I have a vibranium arm", without doing any proper recon. Even in CA:CW, when he was arguably even worse mentally, he still had the foresight to prep and have an escape plan in place if his apartment got found and raided. He's supposed to be a war veteran and elite assassin, yet he acted like an amateur in the scene from the last episode.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 11:54 AM
DeadpoolXXX

episode was okay, but the whole "white man oppressing the black man" plotline just isnt needed IMO. less of that, and more of bucky actually becoming a decent character again. please.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 01:51 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote