KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
episode was okay, but the whole "white man oppressing the black man" plotline just isnt needed IMO. less of that, and more of bucky actually becoming a decent character again. please.

It's absolutely needed because that's what happened. Isaiah was weaponized against his will, then betrayed by his country when his usefulness had run its course. The world didn't know about a Black Cap because the people in charge kept him under wraps. And Falcon was passed up as Steve's replacement for Walker despite that being what he wanted because the government once again thought a black man wasn't good enough for the shield.

Those are both huge story arcs that are intrinsic to Captain America, Falcon, Walker and Bucky.

Bucky is well on his way to getting better but his personal journey to redemption shouldn't overshadow everything else the story is telling and setting up. Nor should an uncomfortable but very real issue be dumbed down because you think it takes away from Bucky's therapy time when it's just as important as everything else in the setting if not moreso.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 27th, 2021 at 02:20 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 02:17 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by KingD19
And Falcon was passed up as Steve's replacement for Walker despite that being what he wanted because the government once again thought a black man wasn't good enough for the shield.

Race might have played a part there, but there are also other factors that could have been the cause for this. For starters, Sam himself rejected the shield, publicly to boot. What's more, he's just come back from the Blip (whereas, based on the dialogue about him running ops months earlier, Walker wasn't Blipped), and Sam's rebelled against the government and was an outlaw for two years after the events of CA:CW. It could be that their main motivation for picking Walker, beyond his physical capabilities (which were "off the charts"), is because they thought he'd be more likely to stay in line and just do what he's told, whereas Sam is more likely to give them the finger if he thinks they're making the wrong call.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 05:05 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Anyone think Walker might go crazy after taking the SSS

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 07:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

I'm praying they have the Watchdog storyline in there somewhere. Walker went unhinged. One of my favorite comics ever.

(Captain America #345)

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 09:10 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

His parents will probably get killed like in the comic and that could push him over the breaking point after the pressure of being Cap and several failures to his name.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 09:47 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by tkitna
I'm praying they have the Watchdog storyline in there somewhere. Walker went unhinged. One of my favorite comics ever.

(Captain America #345)

i still have that issue.. t'was really good...

His parents will probably get killed like in the comic and that could push him over the breaking point after the pressure of being Cap and several failures to his name.

i can see that happening

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 10:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

OFF TOPIC, YET TANGENTIALLY

Whoo will be butthurt if Marvel decides to have Luke Cage take the SSS

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 03:11 AM
Mindset

Why would he do that?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 03:49 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, Disney does love killing off parents, so it's probably right up their alley to adapt that.

https://fandomwire.com/all-times-di...-movie-parents/

And IIRC, almost all the main characters in Raya and the Dragon are orphans. Seriously, wtf, Disney?

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 29th, 2021 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 11:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wonder when we’ll see the old Netflix characters again

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 12:07 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, Disney does love killing off parents, so it's probably right up their alley to adapt that.

https://fandomwire.com/all-times-di...-movie-parents/

And IIRC, almost all the main characters in Raya and the Dragon are orphans. Seriously, wtf, Disney?

It's funny how Raya becomes an orphan part way through herself.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 05:45 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mindset
Why would he do that?

plot reasons.. to be not like the comics

Originally posted by carthage
I wonder when we’ll see the old Netflix characters again

sooner then you think

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 07:16 PM
KingD19

Well Cage can't get the normal SSS. It's far too weak in comparison to him for him to still be considered Luke Cage. You don't get bulletproof and "I can throw cars" level of strength with the standard serum.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 08:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I rather enjoy how they picked a man with one of the most punchable faces to be the new Captain America. Well done, Disney.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 11:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Just like his dad in GotG 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2021 12:08 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I don't know about butthurt, but a lot of people might find it perplexing and unnecessary. Cage has his own unique backstory, as well as the symbolism of being the "bulletproof Black man in America" and the political and social elements attached to it (which are highlighted quite effectively in the Netflix show) and which would be lost by that kind of change.

If they want to do a something along those lines, a prequel show about Isaiah Bradley or maybe a spin-off Patriot show would be a better idea IMO. Or a movie about either, obviously.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2021 02:45 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

fairly decent episode... enjoyed seeing zemo

they are so bringing together the thunderbolts..

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 02:09 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

IMO, Zemo stole the show this episode.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 07:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like Zemo, and I like the general attitude of the show, but I have two things that annoy me:

-I've always liked the idea that Cap was the only one the serum worked perfectly on. I feel like it cheapens him a bit if they start saying that some guy in a lab actually did a better job than Erskine, and now all these super soldiers are running around with a better serum than Steve's.

-Walker is too competent with the shield for me. Unless it comes out that he's also a super soldier later on, it's gonna continue to bother me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 08:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
IMO, Zemo stole the show this episode.

wholeheartedly agree

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 08:33 PM