KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
You write way too much.

Condense your posts.
That is a small post explaining how you don't understand the argument being made. It's funny how you choose not to read posts right when you realize your point is wrong. That's twice now.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 25th, 2021 at 09:57 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 09:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Arachnid1
That is a small post explaining how you don't understand the argument being made. It's funny how you choose not to read posts right when you realize your point is wrong. That's twice now.
I'll read any post that's not long-winded, idc about being wrong or right.

There isn't even a wrong or right to this convo though, so not sure what you mean.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 11:34 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'll read any post that's not long-winded, idc about being wrong or right.

There isn't even a wrong or right to this convo though, so not sure what you mean.
No, there's definitely a right or wrong here. If you don't understand that, you don't understand the argument. Sam was dumb and wrong in that scene.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 12:37 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Arachnid1
No, there's definitely a right or wrong here. If you don't understand that, you don't understand the argument. Sam was dumb and wrong in that scene.
I mean, it's possible you were arguing alone, but this was never an argument between us.

I was explaining his actions; not whether or not they were smart.

Maybe we were talking past each other.

Last edited by Mindset on Apr 26th, 2021 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 12:47 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by cdtm
Haha, true.

Seeing that ridiculously large weight just makes it harder to gloss over, compared to the effects of a hypersonic 90 degree turn or getting slammed through cement and a row of cars.

He's had flak cannon fire exploding inches away from him, flown through explosion fireballs, taken hits from super soldiers and other superhuman beings, smashed through all sorts of stuff with his face, and arms fully exposed, etc, etc, etc... Even having that falling helicopter bounce off his wings without him being affected in any way(probably from the Vibranium) shows he's super tough. Even catching a falling Cap, then flying up with him at full thrust should've ripped his arm out of the socket.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 12:48 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Does Falcon wear power armor? New outfit kind of reminds me of an Iron Patriot suit.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 12:58 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I mean, it's possible you were arguing alone, but this was never an argument between us.

I was explaining his actions; not whether or not they were smart.

Maybe we were talking past each other.
Yeah, we were talking past each other then. I brought up that possibility in the post you didn't bother to read, to make sure we were on the same wavelength. I agreed with your initial contradiction about how Sam doesn't necessarily have to imitate Steve and we diverged from there.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 01:01 AM
Mindset

Does Falcon wear power armor? New outfit kind of reminds me of an Iron Patriot suit.
Nah, power comes from from thighs and quads, baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ZLGRAZM0A&t=1100s

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 01:01 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by KingD19
He's had flak cannon fire exploding inches away from him, flown through explosion fireballs, taken hits from super soldiers and other superhuman beings, smashed through all sorts of stuff with his face, and arms fully exposed, etc, etc, etc... Even having that falling helicopter bounce off his wings without him being affected in any way(probably from the Vibranium) shows he's super tough. Even catching a falling Cap, then flying up with him at full thrust should've ripped his arm out of the socket.

Or smashing at high speed into an enormous, armored alien creature hard enough to knock it over without even giving himself whiplash.

Yeah, Sam's always had a healthy dose of plot armour to perform like 90% of his feats from the films and show. Because a regular human would have been killed like a dozen times over by now under the same circumstances.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 03:54 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No, but he should.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 27th, 2021 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Or smashing at high speed into an enormous, armored alien creature hard enough to knock it over without even giving himself whiplash.

Yeah, Sam's always had a healthy dose of plot armour to perform like 90% of his feats from the films and show. Because a regular human would have been killed like a dozen times over by now under the same circumstances.

I always say ouch every time he does f thruster powered kick on a helicopter, war machine or against anything. Because man that would wreck anyones knees.

Does Falcon wear power armor?

I will pretend that he does just so the shit he pulls off can make some kind of sense.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2021 08:53 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I always say ouch every time he does f thruster powered kick on a helicopter, war machine or against anything. Because man that would wreck anyones knees.

Speaking of that, there's actually a running gag about Anthony Mackie's legs across a bunch of interviews. Mindset linked one of them earlier.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 04:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The more I see of this abomination the more pissed I become.

What they did to John Walker is so over the top it has to have been on purpose. He was a clown! Like, Garth Ennis writes Homelander clown, as opposed to the terrifying Netflix version of Homelander.

It stinks of US bashing. Walker is a straw man for the US right, and maybe for America in general, and exists simply for partison hacks on the left to mock.

The fact is, comic Walker was a real threat. Not a joke, an actual competent fighter who everyone respected.

And frankly he was right about the dora milaje having no real right to be in US territory, acting like they own the place, and Sam and Bucky SHOULD have backed him up on that. Even if they didn't like him personally or agree with his attitude. He was still in the right.

And if the US did underhanded things themselves, that is still no justification. Sam had a duty to defend US interests first.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2022 08:58 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote