KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars: Republic Commando

Star Wars: Republic Commando
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Did stuttero

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 12:44 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Did stuttero
okay.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 01:05 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Honestly, I didn't think much about this game when I played it.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 03:40 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
Honestly, I didn't think much about this game when I played it.
It's honestly right up there with Halo, Modern Warfare, and DOOM 2016 as one of my favorite FPS games.

It's not as good as those games technically, but it really opens up the grittiness of the Clone Wars.

What it needed was just... more, of everything. The game is too short, multiplayer was rather average but very fun and definitely more "tactical" then the Battlefront series.

The game ended on a cliffhanger.

It really made you learn to respect Droids as formidable opponents.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Feb 25th, 2021 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:03 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

None of those games were good. laughing

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:26 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Keep talking to him soon you'll exist in hell.

I know, his taste in games is horrible.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:28 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Keep talking to him soon you'll exist in hell.

Whatever.. attention seeking douchbag.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

They took out the ****ing multiplayer: https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/24/2...ch-release-date

Oh yeah no, short campaign, no couch co-op, and we're expected to just replay the game over and over, the like 4-7 hour campaign.

I was hoping I'd be able to play multiplayer using gyro aim, but nope.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 10:37 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I don't see it mentioned in the link? That's dumb though. So all that's left for this is just the campaign? No wonder they made the game here a cheap price.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 12:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I don't see it mentioned in the link? That's dumb though. So all that's left for this is just the campaign? No wonder they made the game here a cheap price.
"The revival is a single-player only experience (Republic Commando had a less-remembered multiplayer mode) with modernized controls."

Yeah, except it's going for $5 more then the PC version here. The PC version that has mods and multiplayer.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 12:15 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Glad i still own a copy of this game on PC.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 12:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 04:22 PM
Jmanghan

Just wanna point out I'm so ****ing glad they re-released this on Switch because I was getting tired of my $80 used Xbox copy.

I wanted to play it on a console. -Shrugs-

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 06:30 PM