KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Secrets of the Sith (2021)

The Secrets of the Sith (2021)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHAT ABOUT MY HECKIN PRIMARY SOURCERINOS??

WHY ISNT DISNEY CATERING TO ME, THE VS THREAD DEBATE TURBO-AUTIST? THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

You seem to have forgotten to post a wojak.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 10:00 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So when this book comes out are we going to accept the statements as canon facts or are we going to take them with a grain of salt?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 08:06 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As with any material written by characters from an in-universe POV, much of the content presented here should be taken with a grain of salt, imo... Especially since Palpatine is the storyteller, and he isn't the most reliable of narrators.

That being said, I do think at least *some* of the information provided will be factual.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I can almost guarantee people are going to be citing quotes from this book in debates as canon facts.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 12:07 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

what debates? who's debating this shit?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 06:49 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

^ Who dis

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 10:55 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

a new guy.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 11:10 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

is this now being released on the 12th of october ?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2021 08:09 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Hopefully this book will clarify what Palpatine meant when he said “I am all the Sith”, whether this was literal or figurative. I suspect it’s the former based off other dialogue from the movie. If that’s the case I hope it explains the process in more detail.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 08:15 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ozz81
is this now being released on the 12th of october ?

Yep! Next week.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 08:15 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Got my hands on a copy of the book. A few months back, we had a discussion about whether Snoke hails from Sheev's genes and whether Snoke was strong enough to serve as a vessel for Sheev's powers.

The recent StarWars.com Contingency article and the Secrets of the Sith confirm Snoke (1) is a Sheev duplicate and (2) is too weak to serve as a receptacle for Sheev.

(please log in to view the image)
infiniti g37 0 60 time

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 06:04 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

How’d you get the book already?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 08:07 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Got my hands on a copy of the book. A few months back, we had a discussion about whether Snoke hails from Sheev's genes and whether Snoke was strong enough to serve as a vessel for Sheev's powers.

The recent StarWars.com Contingency article and the Secrets of the Sith confirm Snoke (1) is a Sheev duplicate and (2) is too weak to serve as a receptacle for Sheev.

infiniti g37 0 60 time
Thank you for posting. thumb up

Makes it abundantly clear that Snoke's defective vessel could not contain Palpatine's power... But I still have to wonder how powerful Snoke actually was?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 09:48 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
How’d you get the book already?
Tempest is... Unnatural. thumb up

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 09:50 PM
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Galan007
Tempest is... Unnatural. thumb up

Is it possible to learn this power?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 11:32 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Not from a jew.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Galan007
Thank you for posting. thumb up

Makes it abundantly clear that Snoke's defective vessel could not contain Palpatine's power... But I still have to wonder how powerful Snoke actually was?
That's the real question isn't it?

According to those images, Sidious still considered Snoke to be a "powerful puppet" and allowed him to rule in his stead.

For all we know Snoke could have been 90% of Sidious. Extremely close to his level, but not quite strong enough to contain all of his power.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Snoke was indeed powerful, but he most definitely wasn't that close to RoS Palpatine's level, imo.

When Kylo first encountered Palpatine(who was still in his rotting clone vessel), he was borderline awestruck by his power and commented that it was beyond anything he'd ever sensed before... Which automatically scales pre-dyad!Palpatine well above the likes of Snoke and ST Luke(both of whom Kylo had obviously sensed as well.) This is important, because in Skywalker: A Family At War it is stated that Palpatine was "dying and weak" at the time.

Moreover, pretty much all material paints the picture that ST Luke was above Snoke as well.

So the scaling should be:
Post-dyad/revivified Palpatine >> pre-dyad/weakened Palpatine >> ST Luke > Snoke.

I'm still curious when Palpatine acquired the essences of all the Sith, though..? Hoping that side of things will be fleshed out at some point. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 9th, 2021 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 08:32 PM
xPRIMEx

That’s what I want to know: when/how Palpatine acquired the power of all the Sith. Hopefully the book will answer that.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 02:24 AM