KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Secrets of the Sith (2021)

The Secrets of the Sith (2021)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm still curious when Palpatine acquired the essences of all the Sith, though..? Hoping that side of things will be fleshed out at some point. /shrug

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
That’s what I want to know: when/how Palpatine acquired the power of all the Sith. Hopefully the book will answer that.

It doesn't. The only other time Sith spirits are mentioned outside of the Emperor's own and Momin's is a vague reference to Sith spirits/illusions conjured by Force priestesses on Moraband:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 09:54 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I, being a mere mortal, will not have my copy until Tuesday.

That being said, does the book allude to when Palpatine wrote it? Like, did he write the entire thing during his time in solitude on Exegol, or is it presumed that it was more of a journalistic text that was written at various points throughout his life?

I ask, because the section you posted certainly implies that he hadn't yet acquired the power/essences of all the Sith at the time he wrote that particular passage.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I, being a mere mortal, will not have my copy until Tuesday.

That being said, does the book allude to when Palpatine wrote it? Like, did he write the entire thing during his time in solitude on Exegol, or is it presumed that it was more of a journalistic text that was written at various points throughout his life?

I ask, because the section you posted certainly implies that he hadn't yet acquired the power/essences of all the Sith at the time he wrote that particular passage.

It’s written in the time between Kylo’s meeting with Sheev in TROS and the end of TROS.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 02:25 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Well if that's the case then I guess Sidious didn't have the power of all the sith during TROS.

Unless absorbing the dyad gave him insta-access to all that power.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 02:54 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

That’s disappointing, I was hoping it would explain that. He figured out how to do it somehow:

“He raised his perfect, healed hands, and called on all the dark power of the force and the Sith who had come before him, and pulled their very life from their bodies.”

-TROS Novelization pg. 284

I think the Star Wars databank confirms it as well, saying that he was a vessel for the power of all the Sith.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 03:44 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Well if that's the case then I guess Sidious didn't have the power of all the sith during TROS.

Unless absorbing the dyad gave him insta-access to all that power.
Palpatine evidently had not yet acquired the power/essences of all the Sith prior to the final confrontation with Rey and Ben, as according to that passage(which was apparently written during the events of RoS), there were still Sith spirits on Moraband that were calling to him.

That said, Rey was able to "insta-access" the power of all the Jedi in her time of need, by simply opening herself up to the Force... So I suppose a similar feat(albeit on the opposite side of the spectrum) might be in the realm of possibility for Palpatine as well. /shrug

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I feel like there's more contradictions within SW now than there was in the past. They can't seem to keep things straight as new material gets released..

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Nah, Legends had an abundance of contradictions also.

It's just that in Legends most of those contradictions didn't occur on the g-canon level, so they were easy enough to ignore or downgrade when they popped up.

But in new canon, all media is effectively g-canon. So when contradictions like this inevitably occur it creates more of a guessing game.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 01:07 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Snapped off screenies of the book and dropped them in an album.

Merry Christmas, folks.

https://imgur.com/a/HWsTSto

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 01:40 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by The_Tempest

Merry Christmas, folks.

"Using Snoke as my proxy I reached into the boy's mind" - confirmation it was Sidious all along talking to Ben/Kylo.

In fact anything Snoke did could have actually been Palpatine.

Which means even IF Luke thought Snoke was Palpatine's equal, that could just be because he witnessed feats from Palpatine thinking that was all Snoke.

Merry Christmas, folks.

Seems to move forward every year .

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 02:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Sheev
Nah, Legends had an abundance of contradictions also.

It's just that in Legends most of those contradictions didn't occur on the g-canon level, so they were easy enough to ignore or downgrade when they popped up.

But in new canon, all media is effectively g-canon. So when contradictions like this inevitably occur it creates more of a guessing game.

What does it matter about where it is? Still contradicting.

Still though, just seems like every new material that gets released. There’s always something, I just find it rather odd.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Merry Christmas, folks.

Jfc. Thanks for this!

Kinda pissed that I bought it now, but here we are...

Originally posted by Darth Thor
"Using Snoke as my proxy I reached into the boy's mind" - confirmation it was Sidious all along talking to Ben/Kylo.

In fact anything Snoke did could have actually been Palpatine.

Which means even IF Luke thought Snoke was Palpatine's equal, that could just be because he witnessed feats from Palpatine thinking that was all Snoke.
Palpatine was indeed using Snoke as a puppet/proxy to seduce Kylo to the dark side(we've known this for some time now), but Snoke's displays of raw power and such should have still been his own, as he was still a sentient/independent being.

Seems like Palpatine's influence over Snoke was more on the TP side of things.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 02:57 PM
Darth Thor

Palpatine was indeed using Snoke as a puppet/proxy to seduce Kylo to the dark side(we've known this for some time now), but Snoke's displays of raw power and such should have still been his own, as he was still a sentient/independent being.

Seems like Palpatine's influence over Snoke was more on the TP side of things.

Just confirms it, as the whole independent being could still apply to Snoke's TP communications with Kylo.

Yeah I mean there's the visibly obvious, like Lightning coming from Snoke's fingers, or Snoke raising his hand to choke Rey. That's obviously all Snoke.

Point being though, Palpatine was hiding his existence and acting via Snoke as a proxy. So for any huge displays of power where the source isn't so obvious or confirmed, but everyone just thinks/assume it was Snoke, there's literally no way to know what exactly was done by Snoke himself and what was done by Palpatine. And there's no reason to think Luke would know either. As he only suspected Palpatine was still alive, but didn't know for sure.

In fact maybe part of the reason he suspected Palpatine was still alive was because Snoke's power seemed so familiar to him.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Merry Christmas, folks.

Nice, thanks! My books coming tomorrow but I cant help myself Im gonna take a look haha

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Oct 11th, 2021 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 03:43 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Merry Christmas, folks.

If you have a chance could you post the rest of the page with the Dark Disciples on it? And if there’s any others as well, it looked like there were some gaps.

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Oct 11th, 2021 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 04:40 PM
Darth Thor

"And Kylo Ren is too torn between the dark and the light to pose a threat to my reign. The menace of the Skywalker bloodline is no longer a concern. Only the scavenger, Rey, exhibits the potential to prove my equal in the Force."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 02:59 PM
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Darth Thor
"And Kylo Ren is too torn between the dark and the light to pose a threat to my reign. The menace of the Skywalker bloodline is no longer a concern. Only the scavenger, Rey, exhibits the potential to prove my equal in the Force."

Explains why he chose Rey as a vessel instead of Kylo.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 03:12 PM
xPRIMEx

Palpatine says that Kylo is equally as powerful as a true Sith:

“From the shadows, I shaped him into a worthy apprentice—not a true Sith but equally powerful in the dark side.”

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 03:16 AM
xPRIMEx

Sidious says Anakin’s power nearly rivaled his own:

“My power, both in the republic and in the dark side, would prove critical in bringing a young Jedi named Anakin Skywalker—a boy whose power nearly rivaled my own—under my thrall.”

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 03:17 AM
xPRIMEx

Sidious considers Dooku’s most impressive disciple to be Ventress, which means he believes she is more impressive than Savage Oppress and Quinlan Vos since they are referenced later as his other disciples:
“Dooku’s first disciple (Ventress) was perhaps his most impressive”

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 03:19 AM