KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Secrets of the Sith (2021)

The Secrets of the Sith (2021)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Or Ventress could be > Vos despite the latter defeating Dooku. Such is canon powerscaling written by Christie Golden.

Vos gave Ventress a beatdown at one point too, as I recall.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 11:42 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Or Ventress could be > Vos despite the latter defeating Dooku. Such is canon powerscaling written by Christie Golden.

Nah.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 10:02 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ozz81
Can this be bought in digital format? I ordered the hard copy but sadly i wont be able to get it till november the 18th
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Can someone post the rest missing pages? It seems to be I cant buy this book in my country and I also cant buy this in digital format
So yeah, pretty much all the content from this guide was posted by Tempest here. That said, I still went ahead and uploaded the entire thing from front to back, just in case anything slipped through the cracks.

Secrets of the Sith (2021):
https://imgur.com/a/SrjISaX

**Backup link/album:
https://ibb.co/album/0VhD1y

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 10:33 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh confirmation that Snoke wasn't powerful enough to act as Palpatine's host:

"Although his body proved unworthy of containing my dark essence, Snoke's natural sensitivity to the Force would make him a powerful puppet nonetheless."

And:

"Snoke was a temporary measure at best. My faithful followers in the Unknown Regions still sought to produce a body worthy of my infinite might."

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 15th, 2021 at 01:49 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Galan007
So yeah, pretty much all the content from this guide was posted by Tempest here. That said, I still went ahead and uploaded the entire thing from front to back, just in case anything slipped through the cracks.

**Backup link/album:

appreciate you taking the time to diligently scan these things more carefully than I

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh confirmation that Snoke wasn't powerful enough to act as Palpatine's host:

"Although his body proved unworthy of containing my dark essence, Snoke's natural sensitivity to the Force would make him a powerful puppet nonetheless."

And:

"Snoke was a temporary measure at best. My faithful followers in the Unknown Regions still sought to produce a body worthy of my infinite might."

ya, posted those scans earlier in the thread.

this is additional affirmation that the interpretation of the secrets of the jedi quote about snoke being ~ sheev is incorrect.

we have multiple sources that suggest sheev is weaker than he's ever been after his defeat at endor and only returns to full power after slurping down that sweet dyad juice from rey and ben.

snoke, for all his power, was never at any point a credible match for his imperial majesty. sheev is supreme, forever and always. <3

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 02:10 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

nah, it’s likely what other members said. There are 1619 things pointing at Vos being one tier above Ventress even as early as the first half of the novel:

-Vos defeated Ventress on Dathomir while being poisoned by a snake. It was training but Ventress was said by the narrator to be going for the kill

-Dooku literally says Vos is more powerful than Ventress during their first duel, before Vos got even more powerful

-Vos again beats Ventress when she tried to rescue him. Granted that, this time, she wasn’t going for the kill, but on the other hand Vos too was noted by Ventress to be very skinny and phisically not in a good shape. He had been tortured by Dooku for, I think, at least 11 days

And That’s ignoring his superior showings against Dooku. In their first duel Vos lasted longer than Ventress, and even managed to disarm the count while amped by rage. In the second duel Vos beat him on his own.
As others already said, either Sid miscalculated, or more likely by “impressive” he doesn’t necessarily mean stronger, but it’s related to other qualities (potential, ruthlessness etc). Or it’s just random SW hype. There are Jedi who got hyped as the best swordsmen of the order, but they still wound’s hold a candle to Kenobi for instance.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by The_Tempest
appreciate you taking the time to diligently scan these things more carefully than I

ya, posted those scans earlier in the thread.

this is additional affirmation that the interpretation of the secrets of the jedi quote about snoke being ~ sheev is incorrect.

we have multiple sources that suggest sheev is weaker than he's ever been after his defeat at endor and only returns to full power after slurping down that sweet dyad juice from rey and ben.

snoke, for all his power, was never at any point a credible match for his imperial majesty. sheev is supreme, forever and always. <3

So given Luke didn't know Sheev was alive, he had to assume every dark side power being used to take over the Galaxy was being done by Snoke. Hence he massively overestimated Snoke's power in the dark side.

Even Leia says in TFA that it was Snoke who turned Ben to the dark side. But we know now it was Sheev all along.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 02:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The RoS VD implies that Luke at least suspected Palpatine was still alive:
"Six years after the tragedy that befell this family, Calrissian served as a partner and guide to Luke Skywalker as the Jedi Master searched for clues to a growing darkness he detected in the Force... Whispers spoke of a resurgent enemy from the past."

But yeah, there is certainly no indication that Luke was aware of Snoke being puppeteered by Palpatine all along.

Though I do want to reiterate that Snoke was still an independent being, with his own personal power and connection to the Force -- as Palpatine himself notes in this guide:
"Snoke's natural sensitivity to the Force would make him a powerful puppet nonetheless."

So the power Luke sensed from Snoke was still Snoke's alone.

However, Snoke's power was still inferior to the power that Palpatine possessed in his rotting/weakened clone body, as Kylo noted in the novelization:
"But the Force itself belied any perception of frailty because a cloud of darkness and need swelled from the creature, along with power like Kylo had never before encountered. It was exhilarating."

So any way you slice it, RoS Palpatine > Snoke.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 15th, 2021 at 06:34 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh also this makes much more sense out of TRoS. Palpatine telling Kylo to kill Rey doesnt seem so retarded now.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 07:46 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

**Backup link/album:
Thanks to Tempest and galan for uploading this! big grin

Oh also this makes much more sense out of TRoS. Palpatine telling Kylo to kill Rey doesnt seem so retarded now.
How so?

Without Rey in the equation, Sidious wouldnt have been able to absorb the dyad energy and return to his full power..Or transfer his essence into Rey.

Last edited by Sheev on Oct 15th, 2021 at 08:03 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Ya, thanks indeed guys.

I like that this book talks about events from all the various media sources- the Aeon Engine from the video game lore, Lord Momin from the comics, TWBW from the animated lore, and of course events from the movies. Just a cool nod to remind us that everything is connected.

I thought it was curious that Sidious commented that dyad users could pass objects through space and TIME. The time element was never shown in TROS. confused

Last edited by Eli Vanto on Oct 15th, 2021 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Sheev
Without Rey in the equation, Sidious wouldnt have been able to absorb the dyad energy and return to his full power..Or transfer his essence into Rey.

Kylo was not strong enough because he was always stuck between the light and the dark. If Kylo killed Rey it would have proven him strong, but Palpatine didnt think he would.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 09:46 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

**Backup link/album:

Much appreciated!!!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 12:28 AM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Interesting, this seems to suggest he had Dooku killed in part because of his constant plotting. Does seem like Palpatine considered him a legitimate threat.
After reading Dooku's entry Palpatine was worried Dooku would "claim my power". Not sure if he meant force power or political power.

But worried none the less.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 03:56 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
After reading Dooku's entry Palpatine was worried Dooku would "claim my power". Not sure if he meant force power or political power.

Dooku knew he couldnt do it alone which is why he was always taking on a new apprentice.

That said, given how OP Palpatine turned out to be, I doubt even Dooku and Vos could have done it.

Palpatines bloodline is pretty much on par with (or only surpassed by) a Skywalkers now post TRoS.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 06:32 AM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Kylo was not strong enough because he was always stuck between the light and the dark. If Kylo killed Rey it would have proven him strong, but Palpatine didnt think he would.
I still don't understand, because it seems like Sidious could only transfer his spirit into Rey. So if Kylo would have actually killed her, like Sidious originally requested, I'm unsure how he would have restored his full might? Still not quite making sense to me.

Originally posted by juggernaut74

He considered Maul and Savage to be rivals as well, even though they were completely insignificant when he faced them one on one. I'd imagine it was the same kind of thing with Dooku- when teamed up with a powerful apprentice, like Ventress, he was also a potential rival..even though they would have been slaughtered by Sidious in a direct confrontation.

Sidious didn't want anyone to exist who could even remotely challenge his rule. Especially when his plans were so close to being complete.

Palpatines bloodline is pretty much on par with (or only surpassed by) a Skywalkers now post TRoS.
That definitely seems to be the intent. If the Skywalker bloodline surpasses Sidious's bloodline, it definitely isn't by much.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I still don't understand, because it seems like Sidious could only transfer his spirit into Rey. So if Kylo would have actually killed her, like Sidious originally requested, I'm unsure how he would have restored his full might? Still not quite making sense to me.

He seems to be fine with that scenario.

So either that would make Kylo strong enough to be a host (assuming he eliminated all conflict), or hed be happy keeping Kylo as an apprentice in that scenario and find another body to transfer his spirit to.

Im guessing the former.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 01:12 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

I still question whether or not Sidious was capable of transferring his spirit into bodies that weren't connected to his own bloodline in some way.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 09:36 PM
Darth Thor

I still question whether or not Sidious was capable of transferring his spirit into bodies that weren't connected to his own bloodline in some way.

That doesn't seem to be the issue.

"Studying his methods, I learned how to transfer my own consciousness, through the Force, from one moral vessel to another."

^ Now it's made clear plenty of times that the host vessel has to be powerful enough to contain his spirit, but not mentioned anywhere about genetics being an issue. Which makes sense, because if it was simply about genetics he could have just possessed Rey's Father years earlier.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2021 11:14 AM
Darth Thor

"Studying his methods, I learned how to transfer my own consciousness, through the Force, from one moral vessel to another."

Mortal* vessel.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2021 01:43 PM