KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Superman Reboot

Superman Reboot
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Nope wrong, don't die on this hill kid. White baby could embrace african culture. No reason it can't. Unless you're a racist.

Not wrong, you've made another faulty analogy.

While you're griping, I'll wait and see what they do here. Dunno, this could be great or it could be dirty ass. If it's dirty ass, it's not the first time we've had a shitty Superman film.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 10:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But fine, there will be no "you couldn't do a white luke cage in harlem" comments from anyone, correct?

And yet a fit would be thrown.

Type out a fit wouldn't be thrown?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 10:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You keep picking Black characters where their race/color is an important aspect of the character.

This reminds me of the "but my Whiteness!" rants when it came out years ago they were considering casting a Black person for the next Spider-man. Because a dorky orphaned kid who gains powers can't be Black.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 10:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You could do a white guy fighting for Harlem named Luke Cage.

The point is quit your bullshit, a fit would be thrown if any black character was changed. Blue Marvel was told by JFK to stop being a hero cuz of his race, it would fit with a mexican hero too but a fit would be thrown if they made him mexican in a movie or tv show.

Just stop.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 10:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell even making the psychic Superman white would see outrage.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 10:49 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You could do a white guy fighting for Harlem named Luke Cage.

The point is quit your bullshit, a fit would be thrown if any black character was changed. Blue Marvel was told by JFK to stop being a hero cuz of his race, it would fit with a mexican hero too but a fit would be thrown if they made him mexican in a movie or tv show.

Just stop.

There has been many instances and not that long ago where White actors played non-White characters and no on cared much:

Batman Begins
Noah
Prince of Persia
The Last Airbender
Argo
Drive
edit: Joseph Fiennes played Michael f**king Jackson

Go back decades and it's par for the course.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah bro that was before. And Dr. Seuss used to not offend sad souls either, but fruitcakes now crying like simps over him.

These days, in this pathetic woke culture, a fit would be thrown if they made Luke Cage or even the black psychic superman white. Deal with that fact.

EDIT: And there was a HUGE fit over perceived white washing in Airbender. Why lie?

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Those movie are not that old.

Because Luke Cage being Black is integral to the character. I don't know much about 'black psychic superman", so can't comment. Are you not capable of picking a Black character where their skin color is overall irrelevant to the character?

So 1 out of 7 I listed? Lolz. Do continue to gripe though, it's amusing. I'm going to wait and see what they put forth first, like a calm normal person.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah he doesn't have to be black, they could make it work it they wanted.

Well I saw you lied once so I ignored the rest. Maybe don't lie.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Who, what, work?

You choose to ignore them after the fact, because they prove you wrong.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:26 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I'd consider myself part of the "general audience" with regards to comic book movies because I have read 1 comic in my life and have no interest in reading any more. If they go down the black superman route and I wasn't aware there even is a black superman in the comic books I'd be confused up to the part where they mention he has a different name.

Then I'd not care about it after that and base my opinion of the film on whether it was good or not.

Because a shit superman movie with a white superman would still be shit if it was a black superman.

Am I alone in remembering all the frantic frothing that happened after the casting announcements with The Witcher series and the supposed "wokeness" of the writers? It turned out to be f**king great and nobody gave two shits about black Fringilla Vigo.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:27 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Besides they already had a culturally accurate black superman.

He was called Hancock....

ooooOOOOOOOooooo

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:28 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But see pathetic souls won't blame a white superman movie bombing on racism. Sad souls will indeed blame a black superman bombing on racism.

You know, sad souls being sad souls.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

But see pathetic souls won't blame a white superman movie bombing on racism. Sad souls will indeed blame a black superman bombing on racism.

You're making another faulty analogy as we've already had instances of people on social media trying to make a film fail just because Black main characters.

I don't recall this happening for a previous Superman film. Do you?

Let this film succeed or fail on its own merits.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:35 PM
Darth Thor

If this bombs, WB will just say/think/believe that they cant make a big hit out of Superman.

As for race swapping, I dont like it. I mean if you make Peter Parker Black/Hispanic (for example), then that really does take away from Miles Morales.

And yeah Surtur chose a poor example with BP. But im sure people wouldnt be happy about making Blade or John Stewart white. Id certainly hate that.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's an odd dynamic to predict. If it's, as rumoured, Michael B Jordan, he's generally pretty well regarded amongst audiences across the board even with his filmography of quite "woke" roles. (Just Mercy, Fruitvale Station)

They should get Denzel in as the Jonathan Kent equivalent and they'll make money. Everyone loves big Den.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:38 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Denzel as Johnathan kent would just let a hurricane kill him to save a dog

it'd be a hurricane katrina flashback

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
If this bombs, WB will just say/think/believe that they cant make a big hit out of Superman.

As for race swapping, I dont like it. I mean if you make Peter Parker Black/Hispanic (for example), then that really does take away from Miles Morales.

And yeah Surtur chose a poor example with BP. But im sure people wouldnt be happy about making Blade or John Stewart white. Id certainly hate that.

Then they're excuse slinging idiots as Superman is still the most recognizable superhero on the planet. Good writer, good director, good casting and a Superman film can break the bank.

I don't see it that way if their skin color/race isn't really integral to the character.

Can't say for Blade, really don't know a lot about the character'a deeper aspects. Martian Manhunter though it's kinda important, he's an alien who can look like anyone to fit in, but specifically chooses to be a Black man in America. There's a story and meaning behind that. Edit: Never mind, wrong "John"

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:43 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

That would be meta. A hurricane killing The Hurricane.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Then they're excuse slinging idiots as Superman is still the most recognizable superhero on the planet. Good writer, good director, good casting and a Superman film can break the bank.

I don't see it that way if their skin color/race isn't really integral to the character.

Can't say for Blade, really don't know a lot about the character'a deeper aspects Martian Manhunter though it's kinda important, he's an alien who can look like anyone to fit in, but specifically chooses to be a Black man in America. There's a story and meaning behind that.

There could be a story and meaning behind him being white too. So yes J'onn falls under the "pathetic if you got mad he wasn't black" category.

That said, why you thought John Stewart the black GL was J'onn Jones the Martian is a racism I don't wanna touch. Ya racist. Bet they look alike right brah?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:46 PM