KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Superman Reboot

Superman Reboot
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most MCU viewers had no idea who Captain Marvel was.

But she had a pussy. So it was all good and hey it worked.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:18 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
So it seems you're agreeing now? Cool?

Or maybe not.

I don't care about the skin color aspect specifically, I do care about movies I watch though. I just want a great Superman film. Don't you?

I do want a great film, and I know you aren't naive enough to believe Coates will bring us one. Correct?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:18 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I don't think that matters all that much these days so long as the quality is there. Hardly anyone knew who the GotG were before their cinematic introduction. In fact the same can be said for most of the MCU roster with the exceptions of Spiderman and Hulk prior to Ironman being released.

Fair enough point

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:19 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
I do want a great film, and I know you aren't naive enough to believe Coates will bring us one. Correct?

And why does this film get an automatic stinker from you because Superman will be played by a Black actor?

I don't know much about this Coates guy, did a quick Wiki and it seems he's had a best selling Black Panther series. So is he not a good writer?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:21 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And why does this film get an automatic stinker from you because Superman will be played by a Black actor?

I don't know much about this Coates guy, did a quick Wiki and it seems he's had a best selling Black Panther series. So is he not a good writer?

Son do not lie about me again in this thread: it's about the person behind it Coates. He wouldn't be playing the character.

Again: do not utter another lie.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:22 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Most MCU viewers had no idea who Captain Marvel was.

But she had a pussy. So it was all good and hey it worked.

In fairness, the problems people had with that movie weren't really to do with the movie or the main character.

It ended up being middling as MCU movies go because there was a very noticeable lack of chemistry. A lot of talent in it that didn't click. Brie Larson, Annette Bening and Jude Law were all terrible. Ben Mendelsohn pretty much saved it from being much worse than it could've been.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:27 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Son do not lie about me again in this thread: it's about the person behind it Coates. He wouldn't be playing the character.

Again: do not utter another lie.

You've been complaining about the skin color aspect for pages, since your first post:

There is a black Superman(more than one actually, none named clark kent), if they go that route it is still sad and pandering, but not as sad and pandering.

I feel bad for how racist and humiliating it would be if they just swapped out the skin color of an existing white character for a black actor and made him Clark. This wouldn't upset me it would be amusing. Because the racism would be heralded as good. Good racism. I would want him to win an academy award I'm not kidding. Just to see it.

Plus at this point I've given up on DC making a good Superman movie so he could be a gay asian albino for all it matters now.

Now you're saying your issues with this film is with the writer? Lol.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:28 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also said this fruitcake: do not lie again in this thread

Yup the guy himself is sort of racist too. And if this movie isn't received well by audiences, but is lauded by critics I'm sure there will be gaslighting and blaming racism just like when people didn't like the last jedi and sexism was blamed.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:29 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Pages later. Your main issue is clearly a Black actor playing Superman.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:31 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did you want to keep going son? We can derail this. Or you can stop your lies.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:31 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Your gripes over skin color are all over this thread, but you can do a pretend win. I don't care.

Swapping skin color is always racist.

Why not create your own black super hero? They too sad and pathetic to do so? Or just lazy and racist?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:33 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was welcome to a Calvin Ellis Supes even in my very first post.

Keep going or drop it? Decide now kid. Do not respond again to this in any form if your choice is to drop it.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:34 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Get a room, you two lovebirds stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:35 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He'd get knocked out, so nah.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:36 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Now you're saying your issues with this film is with the writer? Lol.

It's the same thing as the CPAC stage. Nobody would've known or cared had someone not pretended to be mad about it.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:36 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's the same thing as the CPAC stage. Nobody would've known or cared had someone not pretended to be mad about it.

I know you aren't pathetic enough to think it was a nazi symbol, so good on you for avoiding that phaggotry.

My advice: continue to avoid it.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:37 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I was welcome to a Calvin Ellis Supes even in my very first post.

Keep going or drop it? Decide now kid. Do not respond again to this in any form if your choice is to drop it.

You said a Calvin Ellis Superman film would be: "still sad and pandering, but not as sad and pandering."

Yeah, you sure were "welcome" to that idea.

Would you like to lie again?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:39 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You said a Calvin Ellis Superman film would be: "still sad and pandering, but not as sad and pandering."

Yeah, you sure were "welcome" to that idea.

So you don't want to drop it?

Okay sad soul. What do you have next to add? We'll derail this thread now. Enjoy.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:39 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Yeah I don't think it was because nobody at CPAC cares about or has any knowledge of history or other countries. 😉

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:40 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I don't think it was because nobody at CPAC cares about or has any knowledge of history or other countries. 😉

Wise choice not calling it a nazi symbol, you can move on.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:40 AM