KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » GA Republicans Pass New Voting Laws

GA Voting Laws
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
This will help bring back MAGA, I'm all for it! 1 6.67%
Voter suppression is not good, I'm against this. 5 33.33%
I hope Robtard gets covid! 2 13.33%
F**k you, Robtard! 7 46.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GA Republicans Pass New Voting Laws
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Klaw
(please log in to view the image)
It's quite sad you find it humorous that the GOP is making a state more favorable to them by putting in laws that make it harder to vote because they know higher turnout works against them.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:00 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Newjak
The BBC article misses a key point on the time restrictions part.

The problem was allowing voting times to be restricted only to 9 to 5. Eliminating the ability for working people to go after work or even before work.

And it goes on to say:

quote:
The new law also adds a mandatory weekend day for early voting, requiring two Saturdays of early voting. The old law required one.

The law makes Sunday early voting optional for up to two Sundays before elections.

The language goes on to say: “Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the registrars may extend the hours for voting to permit advance voting from 7:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M.” The old law said “counties and municipalities” could extend such voting “beyond regular business hours.”

And it also gives you absentee voting with no excuses:

quote:
The new law says postal ballots can be sent out to voters who request them 29 days before election day, as opposed to 49 days previously.

And new voter ID requirements mean signature matching will no longer be used to confirm identities on postal ballots - a method railed against by Donald Trump.

Instead voters will have to provide one form of identification, such as a driver's licence or social security number.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:02 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by snowdragon
And it goes on to say:

And it also gives you absentee voting with no excuses:
I edited my response to be more clear with what I was saying.

So your response is invalid.

The fact 7am to 7pm isn't mandatory is the problem. The GOP with this law can effectively make it so the time is 9-5.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:05 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Let's be honest here almost all of these laws are going to drive down voter turnout by making it harder to vote.

Which is what the GOP want.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:08 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

It's quite sad you find it humorous that the GOP is making a state more favorable to them by putting in laws that make it harder to vote because they know higher turnout works against them.

he's just being a good little fascist

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:26 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Let's be honest here almost all of these laws are going to drive down voter turnout by making it harder to vote.

The GOP has been saying that higher voter turnout is detrimental to them since at least the early 80's, Paul Weyrich is a classic example.

Trump expressed the same sentiment back in March of 2020 during a Fox news interview. More voting mean the GOP won't win.

So they all know and why they have no problem (hence the hand-waving of the issue) with certain states enacting laws that make it harder to vote; especially certain demographic they do poorly in.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 9th, 2021 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:37 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's be honest here, these Georgia voting laws only make it harder for cheaters to cheat. Let's not kid ourselves by saying it suppresses legitimate voters, kay? wink

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:41 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Let's be honest here, these Georgia voting laws only make it harder for cheaters to cheat. Let's not kid ourselves by saying it suppresses legirimate voters, kay?
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:42 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, truth hurts I know.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:42 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, truth hurts I know.

"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome - good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down." -Paul Weyrich

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome - good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down." -Paul Weyrich
thumb up Rob wields the scalpel dissecting the issues and trumpers with a single stroke.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That GOP mindset likely goes back much further. The "New Right" part 2 started in the mid 60's.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:52 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pooty still shakin' dem pom poms lol

Pooty Bot -- KMC's designated cheerleader. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 04:53 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 05:02 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Klaw

Thanks for proving me right:

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Radicalized right-wingers fetishize Asian women and love anime.

The notion that progressives are afraid of voter ID is just another far-right fantasy. When polled, even on KMC, progressives do not necessarily oppose voter ID, so long as the government provides it for free to every eligible voter.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2021 09:13 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Toth Says the Quiet Part Out Loud

The Texas Voter Confidence Act, filed by Republican Representative Steve Toth, would authorize the governor, the lieutenant governor, and the speaker of the House—all of whom are Republicans—to select an independent third party to conduct an election audit. The review would focus on the votes cast in Texas' 13 counties with populations over 415,000.

That is especially notable, because there would only be increased scrutiny of the results in areas where Republicans did not win.

When asked why he did not include smaller counties in the election review, Toth replied, "What's the point? I mean, all the small counties are red."

The proposed exercise is not about "election integrity." It is about the Republican effort to characterize election results in "red" areas as inherently valid and election results in "blue" areas as inherently suspect.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 06:21 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"What's the point? I mean, all the small counties are red." -Steve Toth (R-TX)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 04:24 PM
snowdragon

What's more important ballet issues or voting...looking at our last election.....I see where this ends.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2021 03:18 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote