KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Superman vs Godzilla and King Kong(with a twist)

Superman vs Godzilla and King Kong(with a twist)
Started by: marcssands14

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
The World Devastators are far more powerful then Godzilla's beam, and Superman casually tanked it.

How so? (Genuine question)

Also this is the same Superman who was ko’d by a kiloton nuke. So doesn’t seem like the world engine’s beam has very much *destructive* power.

I doubt Superman would tank Godzilla’s breath, but to be fair it’d be pretty easy for him to avoid.

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Apr 4th, 2021 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 11:38 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Superman also got Ko’d by a baby nuke compared to the ones Godzilla has tanked

Well he got hit in space which apparently has no force. So would have been either the radiation or the heat that KOd him.

Not to mention we dont know if hed fully healed from being exposed to Kryptonite gas (twice). IIRC he still had the scar from the Kryptonite staff when he began his fight with Doomsday.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2021 11:43 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

That's right. His injury didn't heal until he soaked up some sunlight.

Attachment: 123.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 07:06 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

How so? (Genuine question)

Also this is the same Superman who was ko’d by a kiloton nuke. So doesn’t seem like the world engine’s beam has very much *destructive* power.

I doubt Superman would tank Godzilla’s breath, but to be fair it’d be pretty easy for him to avoid.
KO'd by a nuke after being exposed to Kryptonite twice, and at night so he didn't have direct sunlight to replenish his strength fully until after being hit. Which as we see immediately reinvigorated him.

Also, gets hit? By what? The only attack even worth mentioning is the atomic breath, which will not in a thousand years hit Superman.

Superman is not just orders of magnitude faster than Godzilla and Kong: he's also physically considerably stronger than they are.

Superman can shift tectonic plates:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/v...=20170605194341

Retards have tried to dispute this feat for years, positing that perhaps Superman utilized his Kryptonian technology that he is never shown using when performing superheroics to shift it as opposed to the far more likely because it relies on the least assumptions case of him just using his super strength to do it.

Even discounting that though, Superman was able to stand and then fly while directly under the World Engine's pressure in Man of Steel, which was in that moment displacing a huge amount of water with the same beam hitting Superman (I saw this calced on SpaceBattles as being millions of tons of water displaced but the site is down atm):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg

So given that the Titans seem to be able to physically hurt each other just fine despite being by every showing much weaker and slower than Superman it would seem he'd stomp them into the dirt. Punching into their eyes and through their brains would work fine, but he'd frankly knock out or kill Godzilla by just rushing and punching his skull my man.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 02:03 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Uh oh tectonic plate feat.

Silent Master won't like that.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 03:00 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by playa1258
Uh oh tectonic plate feat.

Silent Master won't like that.

SM seemed to have been abused as a kid by someone wearing a Superman top.

That said, forum rules are pretty established about On Screen Feats Only. So we would at least need to see something, no matter how likely it is that it happened.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 07:15 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I see the normal people are still crying about Imp's ruling

Originally posted by Impediment
An Easter egg newspaper article/reference isn't a valid screen feat. C'mon, guys. You should know by now that only valid onscreen feats are canon here as to avoid cluster f*cks like this one happening in here.

If it's not on the screen it doesn't mean shit. thumb up

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 07:42 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by Darth Thor
SM seemed to have been abused as a kid by someone wearing a Superman top.

That said, forum rules are pretty established about On Screen Feats Only. So we would at least need to see something, no matter how likely it is that it happened.

Seems that way. I always think its funny how KMCs most notorious members hate Superman.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 08:43 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Space has no force?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 08:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by riv6672
Space has no force?

A Nuke has no force. In space. Apparently, someone proved it once I think, but cant be arsed looking it up.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 09:23 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's because space has no way to propagate a pressure wave. Or thermal damage for that matter. Damage from a nuke in space would be entirely from ionising radiation. This would be considerably higher in space than in the atmosphere.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 10:52 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Darth Thor
A Nuke has no force. In space. Apparently, someone proved it once I think, but cant be arsed looking it up.

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's because space has no way to propagate a pressure wave. Or thermal damage for that matter. Damage from a nuke in space would be entirely from ionising radiation. This would be considerably higher in space than in the atmosphere.

^^^thanks guys, that’s really interesting! thumb up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sc...d-in-space/amp/

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 11:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by NemeBro
KO'd by a nuke after being exposed to Kryptonite twice, and at night so he didn't have direct sunlight to replenish his strength fully until after being hit. Which as we see immediately reinvigorated him.

Also, gets hit? By what? The only attack even worth mentioning is the atomic breath, which will not in a thousand years hit Superman.

Superman is not just orders of magnitude faster than Godzilla and Kong: he's also physically considerably stronger than they are.

Superman can shift tectonic plates:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/v...=20170605194341

Retards have tried to dispute this feat for years, positing that perhaps Superman utilized his Kryptonian technology that he is never shown using when performing superheroics to shift it as opposed to the far more likely because it relies on the least assumptions case of him just using his super strength to do it.

Even discounting that though, Superman was able to stand and then fly while directly under the World Engine's pressure in Man of Steel, which was in that moment displacing a huge amount of water with the same beam hitting Superman (I saw this calced on SpaceBattles as being millions of tons of water displaced but the site is down atm):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg

So given that the Titans seem to be able to physically hurt each other just fine despite being by every showing much weaker and slower than Superman it would seem he'd stomp them into the dirt. Punching into their eyes and through their brains would work fine, but he'd frankly knock out or kill Godzilla by just rushing and punching his skull my man.

I’ll have to rewatch that scene but I’m not convinced the kryptonite was still affecting him at that point, he seemed fine from what I remember. Unless there’s a novelization of the movie or something that confirms he was still affected by it?

Also do you believe (if he were to get hit) that Superman would survive a direct hit from godzilla’s fully charged atomic breath?

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Apr 6th, 2021 at 12:18 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 12:13 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Lmao at beings that are far more durable and stronger being fodder

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 01:26 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

The Titans stand 0 chance. They would be statues, he is faster, stronger and more durable. He would simply fly holes through them till they are nothing but a lake of blood on the ground.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 02:45 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Wow the dc wank on this site...

Sorry but DCEU Superman is not more durable than Godzilla. What durability feat does Superman have that is better than tanking the meteor that caused the Permian extinction? Or tanking a nuke to the face? Superman isn’t flying holes through Godzilla. MAYBE he could through a weak spot like his eyes but that’s pure speculation. And he’s not tanking Godzilla’s breath. If he gets hit by that, it’s over.

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Apr 6th, 2021 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 03:03 PM
Rebel95

Kaiju stomp, wtf is this shit?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 03:17 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Wow the dc wank on this site...

Sorry but DCEU Superman is not more durable than Godzilla. What durability feat does Superman have that is better than tanking the meteor that caused the Permian extinction? Or tanking a nuke to the face? Superman isn’t flying holes through Godzilla. MAYBE he could through a weak spot like his eyes but that’s pure speculation. And he’s not tanking Godzilla’s breath. If he gets hit by that, it’s over.
When did Godzilla tank a meteor that caused mass extinction? It wasn't on screen, so if Supermans tectonic plate feat isn't valid here, neither is that lol.

Anyway, Neme covered it pretty well. Superman withstanding and flying up through a beam that was displacing an amount of water multiple times both Godzilla and Kongs weight combined is pretty wild. Especially taking into account the fact that his power was fading due to the world engines atmospheric generating properties. On top of that, the Kaiju were shown to be physically hurt by tackling eachother into skyscrapers and using buildings as weapons. Supes and Zod doing the same didn't even scratch them.

The biggest hurdle they'd have to clear is Superman's insane speed advantage. The guy nearly kept up with a being that could go faster than the speed of light. The burden of proof is on you to show that either of the titans have a snowball in hells chance of tagging him.

He's faster, more durable, and stronger. Superman stomps here.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 03:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Godzilla taking a hit from mechagodzilla’s beam, the one that overpowered his own breath that can blast a hole through the earth, is beyond anything Superman has taken. Godzilla wasn’t hurt by anything Kong did to him so I’m not sure what you’re talking about? Superman is obviously faster but there is no way he is more durable lol

There is nothing Superman can do that will put Godzilla down, and Godzilla wouldn’t be able to hit Superman so i guess this would be a stalemate. IF Superman gets hit by godzilla’s breath he’s dead though

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Apr 6th, 2021 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 04:10 PM
xPRIMEx

Btw I don’t think I ever claimed Godzilla could hit Supes, I said IF he hits him. The burden of proof is on you to prove that Superman would even be able to hurt Godzilla. Saying he could just fly through his eyes is pure speculation. I also want to see proof that was still weakened by the kryptonite when he got nuked, because he looked fine.

Godzilla tanking a megaton nuke to the face>Superman nearly being killed by a kiloton nuke

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Apr 6th, 2021 at 04:37 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 04:33 PM