KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Loki

Loki
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Loki

Kind of surprised no one has made a thread for this yet. Coming on June 11. And the new trailer looks pretty great IMO:

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 04:10 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks good.. so many possibilities

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 08:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

It does look good, but like Magneto, i'm getting wore out with Loki.

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 08:55 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Looks fantastic. Cant wait. This will no doubt break new records for Disney plus.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 09:24 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^ What he said ^

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 8th, 2021 05:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Looks good.

Honestly surprised the MCU is introducing hyper-exotic factions like the TVA(Time Variance Authority.) Didn't expect that at all, but if they're trying to build the multiverse, it makes sense. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 9th, 2021 at 12:46 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 12:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

They figured the only way to bring Bentley into the MCU was to introduce a sh*tload of time travel plots

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 12:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Looks good.

Honestly surprised the MCU is introducing hyper-exotic factions like the TVA(Time Variance Authority.) Didn't expect that at all, but if they're trying to build the multiverse, it makes sense. thumb up

we'll see kang, imo

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 07:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It also appears that Loki uses some kind of magic blast at the 1:49 mark. On the one hand, it would be cool if he showcases magical abilities more along the lines of his comic self rather than mostly just illusions. But on the other hand, it would make him look fuking stupid considering there were numerous instances across the half a dozen or so MCU films he's been in where that would have been extremely useful.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2021 09:40 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Didn't he also send out an energy pulse in Dark World? When he was locked up in Asgard's dungeons?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2021 10:54 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

He sent out some kind of TK pulse that knocked about the furniture in his cell while angry, but that's about it. He never uses anything like that in combat, even in situations where doing so could be extremely helpful.

So, if they do have him use magic more offensively on the show, I hope they at least give some kind of explanation as to why he hasn't before now.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2021 03:38 PM
Darth Thor

He clearly hasnt showcased all of his magic. But that blast did seem like what he did in TDW. For canon purposes, using it in combat now wont make it a new ability.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2021 09:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He clearly hasnt showcased all of his magic. But that blast did seem like what he did in TDW. For canon purposes, using it in combat now wont make it a new ability.

Looks a lot different to me:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DiligentU...dger-mobile.mp4

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is there were numerous instances in the films where using magic offensively and firing mystical energy blasts could have helped him, but he didn't do so. So, it would make him look kind of stupid if he was capable of these things the entire time but waited until now to do any of it.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 04:46 AM
Darth Thor

^ Ah it does look different, I think it seemed like a blast because of the splash it made on the forcefield.

As for the not using blasts, well we know he had TK, so he already wasnt using that in fights. Plus in Avengers he had his staff that shot blasts anyway.

In any case, I want to see some more abilities from him. We know hes trained in magic, surely thats more than just having illusions of himself. I personally want to see a Loki who would give Dr. Strange a run for his money, but I doubt they will go that far.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 08:20 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Ah it does look different, I think it seemed like a blast because of the splash it made on the forcefield.

As for the not using blasts, well we know he had TK, so he already wasnt using that in fights. Plus in Avengers he had his staff that shot blasts anyway.

In any case, I want to see some more abilities from him. We know hes trained in magic, surely thats more than just having illusions of himself. I personally want to see a Loki who would give Dr. Strange a run for his money, but I doubt they will go that far.

Well, the TK could be explained away fairly easily. I mean it could be he doesn't have enough fine control with it, seeing as we only see him do it once while angry and he doesn't do anything particularly subtle/skillful. Or maybe it's not strong enough to be useful in battle. A chair, a small table and a footstool is a lot lighter than a fully grown human/humanoid. We actually see him blast a bad guy in the trailer, so we know it is combat applicable.

But I agree in that I'd like to see him do more (as I said in my initial post about it), but it's just kind of dumb that it took so long for it to happen. I mean they didn't need to have him spam magic everywhere, but he was in 3 Thor movies and 3 Avengers movies, so they had plenty of time to at least do something.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 03:53 AM
Dbomb, The king
Restricted

Account Restricted

That looks dope, I hope they do well with it like the other shows so far. I mean it's marvel of course they will.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2021 02:31 PM
Dbomb, The king is currently offline Click here to Send Dbomb, The king a Private Message Find more posts by Dbomb, The king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote