KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 21st, 2021 06:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

"Confirmed"

Don't get me wrong, Jason Schreier is usually right. But he's not exactly batting a 1000.

Anyway, Aspyr is a port company. So I'm not exactly enthusiastic about them actually developing a full on remake.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2021 06:30 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The original is fine as is, no ports needed.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2021 06:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldn't mind a graphical upgrade.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2021 10:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Really hope this wasn't that rumored KOTOR game talked about months back 'cause I've been waiting for a new one and this drops on me like a deflating bagpipe.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2021 10:45 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wouldn't mind a graphical upgrade.

Mods.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2021 10:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, not the same thing. If we are talking about uprezzing the original game, sure maybe mods do the trick.

A complete texture replacement, complete lighting and effect replacement and complete rework of the animation systems.....yeah right, mods wont come close.

I loved KOTOR, I think it was a fantastic game...and I would be just happy with a complete graphical overhaul. Leave the rest the same. Maybe give an option for an different combat system...but leave the old combat system in the game as well.

Hell...I would be very happy if they take KOTOR and go crazy with it and add Fallen Jedi combat system to the game.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 12:48 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sounds good. I never was able to get into the original game because of how dated it is in so many ways. An update to preserve the story but improve the graphics/gameplay to modern standards sounds great to me. Hope they don't **** it up.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 01:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Real quick, am I the only one who could never beat Malak without running away and using force lightning?

He was far and away the hardest boss in the game.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 10:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Real quick, am I the only one who could never beat Malak without running away and using force lightning?

He was far and away the hardest boss in the game.

I had to turn the difficulty down just to beat him.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 11:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I beat him easily. Just used force speed and a bunch of damage reduction buffs and beat him down.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 02:03 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
I beat him easily. Just used force speed and a bunch of damage reduction buffs and beat him down.
Well I went for a pure powerhouse build myself which was probably my downfall. I didn't spend points in more obscure abilities. Just went with some dark side powers, force lightning, saber and sword proficiency.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 02:13 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But that's a bit bullshit though.

I don't remember having difficulty beating Malek...but I think I was on the easiest setting....its been a really long time.

But a ending boss (or all bosses and situations) should be beatable by any RPG build. Kind of defeats the purpose of allowing various skills and abilities!

I can understand in regards to loot shooters or something like that...because its about getting powerful within the loot system to beat a boss....but saying "oh I cant beat this boss because I dont have this specific power" is bad design in a game that allows you to role play!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 02:53 PM
Arachnid1

I never got to play this one back in the day but I've heard good things.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 03:05 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it was basically my first RPG.

I never liked RPG's but most of them that I saw were Japenese RPGs.....so I heard good things about KOTOR so I picked it up on the PC a couple of years later after release and I loved it.

It's old but the story is still good and worth playing. But I would love to see what they do with a remake because the graphics are very old and some locations could be pretty damn awesome to see if they redid everything.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 03:39 PM
ares834

But a ending boss (or all bosses and situations) should be beatable by any RPG build. Kind of defeats the purpose of allowing various skills and abilities!

I can understand in regards to loot shooters or something like that...because its about getting powerful within the loot system to beat a boss....but saying "oh I cant beat this boss because I dont have this specific power" is bad design in a game that allows you to role play!

In these types of games, much of the skill comes from making a good build. With that said, the final boss is beatable with pretty much any build. Just not necessarily on the hardest difficulty nor without a bit of cheese.

Anyway, I've beat KotOR many times and can't remember struggling much with Malak.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 04:38 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I was surprised he was as manageable as he was. Thought maybe everyone was talking about a different boss fight.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 05:01 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ares834
In these types of games, much of the skill comes from making a good build. With that said, the final boss is beatable with pretty much any build. Just not necessarily on the hardest difficulty nor without a bit of cheese.

Anyway, I've beat KotOR many times and can't remember struggling much with Malak.

I disagree on that....

For loot based games like Diablo, Division and etc...I can get behind that argument. That's the point of them. To create good builds.

But KOTOR is not like that.. its a story based role playing game...each ability that you can max out should be able to beat the game. If not...its not about roleplaying. If you can only beat the game using force lightening...but you are a good Jedi....how is that fair.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 05:09 PM
ares834

If you can only beat the game using force lightening...but you are a good Jedi....how is that fair.

But that's not the case. You don't need force lightning to beat the game...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 05:58 PM
cdtm

I rolled full paragon.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 06:03 PM