KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » U.S Healthcare

U.S Healthcare
Started by: truejedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
It's called insurance

I'm talking about how nationalized healthcare is paid for, which is taxation - health insurance being distorted is an artifact of that.

This is similar to education. I like education. I don't like public education, that is compulsory and funded with stolen money.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 04:37 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Taxation being theft is a borderline naive statement. How to pay for education,s and defense and infrastructure? Is it theft to tax for those reasons?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 05:26 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Taxation as theft is such a narrow worldview. I imagine its proponents broadly apply that to income tax, capital gains tax, sales tax, tariffs, etc.

Like... where the f*ck do they think any large grouping of humans gets without pooling collective resources to benefit the group as a whole? National coffers of tax money are the primary way that the collective advances and prospers. If they think that human society prospers with everyone going their own way and constantly competing/fighting with everyone else out of a sense of individualistic pride and chronic independence, then they haven't paying attention to how humans work together.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 05:43 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do people think without the government everyone would just start attacking everyone else ?

Kind of like the naive argument that people don't do immoral things because God exists.

Overall people seek to collaborate, without the unlimited violence of the state this would work much better.

Examples of decentralized things doing better than state ran stuff: nasa vs space ex, the other car companies vs tesla, cab drivers vs ride share apps, hotels vs air bnb.

Hopefully you'll see a trend emerge.

Edit: you pay for things how you do now, by exchanging money for services. In a free market you wouldn't have, need, or want the annoying middle man of the state.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 06:02 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

People prospering without government structures has never been true ever. Without a government and laws it's survival of the fittest.

Your examples are all bad:. The government built the internet, controls it, protects your interest on it. No air bnb without it. Elon musks main client is the U.S. government. No government, no taxes, without that, no one is paying him to launch things into space. Ride share vs cabbies, driving on government roads. Cannot exist without government.

You are describing anarchy, and it's a hopeless position to defend.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 06:55 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I welcome the sensible opinions expressed in this thread

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 07:20 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
People prospering without government structures has never been true ever. Without a government and laws it's survival of the fittest.

Your examples are all bad:. The government built the internet, controls it, protects your interest on it. No air bnb without it. Elon musks main client is the U.S. government. No government, no taxes, without that, no one is paying him to launch things into space. Ride share vs cabbies, driving on government roads. Cannot exist without government.

You are describing anarchy, and it's a hopeless position to defend.

The government built the internet in response to war, using private contractors. China owns and runs their internet and it promotes only censorship, why would you want that here ?

Anarchy means without a leader, the same way atheism means without belief in god.

You're making the claim that government is an inherent good and I'm saying it's not.

The u.s. government is one of musks biggest clients because nasa is a failure. This shows that the state relies on private entities to accomplish what it needs done and pays the bill with the future of american citizens.

The fact entrepreneurs, like musk, can navigate governmental regulation and still do better than state funded institutions is a point to my side not yours.

The monopoly the state has on roads through violence also proves my points. In the 1800s before there was a legal monopoly on it private companies could outbid the state at around an 8th of the price. The state monopoly on roads is also an enormous contributor to the number of car accidents per year.

https://youtu.be/PEGBcLZI6mI

Here's a video of michael malice defending anarchy. Has alot of similar questions you do.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 07:32 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

I think the U.S. should move to M4A like most other first world countries have.

Their system (U.S.) clearly isn't working.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 11:20 AM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Klaw

hi Eon.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 11:34 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by ilikecomics
Why do people think without the government everyone would just start attacking everyone else ?

Kind of like the naive argument that people don't do immoral things because God exists.

Overall people seek to collaborate, without the unlimited violence of the state this would work much better.

Examples of decentralized things doing better than state ran stuff: nasa vs space ex, the other car companies vs tesla, cab drivers vs ride share apps, hotels vs air bnb.

Hopefully you'll see a trend emerge.

Edit: you pay for things how you do now, by exchanging money for services. In a free market you wouldn't have, need, or want the annoying middle man of the state.
This might be one of the most naive things I've ever heard.

First off Nasa is one of the most successful human organizations ever made. A loft the stuff space x did was built off of the very solid foundation and work Nasa did. Also not sure how you're going to say hotels and car companies, which mostly are not state owned, are examples of what you're talking about.

The most important thing I think you talk about is how you try dismiss government while also talking about human collaboration. You do realize government was created by humans to handle large scale collaboration to meet common goals right?

If you got rid of our government and just said do whatever another group of humans would come together to create another shared social contract that is just another form of government.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 6th, 2021 11:48 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by ilikecomics
The government built the internet in response to war, using private contractors. China owns and runs their internet and it promotes only censorship, why would you want that here ?

Anarchy means without a leader, the same way atheism means without belief in god.

You're making the claim that government is an inherent good and I'm saying it's not.

The u.s. government is one of musks biggest clients because nasa is a failure. This shows that the state relies on private entities to accomplish what it needs done and pays the bill with the future of american citizens.

The fact entrepreneurs, like musk, can navigate governmental regulation and still do better than state funded institutions is a point to my side not yours.

The monopoly the state has on roads through violence also proves my points. In the 1800s before there was a legal monopoly on it private companies could outbid the state at around an 8th of the price. The state monopoly on roads is also an enormous contributor to the number of car accidents per year.

https://youtu.be/PEGBcLZI6mI

Here's a video of michael malice defending anarchy. Has alot of similar questions you do.
I think this is such a narrow view and ignores a great amount of historical context.

First off privatization of certain fields were disastrous and you're not mentioning those at all. Like when the police or fire departments were private entities and the amount of headaches that caused in many major cities when they were.

You're not talking about how private prisons are much less humane and cost more money that state ran prisons.

You're not talking about any of this because you're trying to push a narrative.

The truth is government is just a tool and always has been. It's a social contract that allows groups to govern themselves in a shared experience. It is not inherently good nor evil. It depends on how it's being used. That doesn't mean it doesn't updates but once again it's not some weird private entity. It is literally a collaborative social contract that is often needed to create governing rules for people to follow.

Also Nasa is not nor as it ever been a failure. They literally just landed on Mars.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 6th, 2021 11:58 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

cool thumb up.

so, when do you go full retard and tell everyone to kill themselves again? how's life? how's your silly hair weave? have a nice day, not-eon.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 12:40 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

David Cross summing up U.S. healthcare

Old Post May 13th, 2021 04:45 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

So here is my latest brush with the U.S. healthcare system.

Almost choked on some food and felt like something was stuck in the back of my throat but I could breath. I didn't want to risk accidently choking on something in my sleep so I went to go get my throat checked.

It was night so the Urgent Cares were closed so I went to the E.R.

All that happened was my vitals were checked, a doctor looked down my throat for like a minute, said he saw nothing, left, and nurse came back to give me some liquid to help my throat not being scratching.

That ran me 1400 dollars with insurance only covering 400, leaving me with a 1000 dollar bill. That's like a third of most people's monthly income. It's so stupid.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 13th, 2021 05:29 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Here in Ontario, it would've been free.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post May 13th, 2021 07:55 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Here in Ontario, it would've been free.
It should be here too

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 13th, 2021 08:40 PM