KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mangog vs All Star Superman.

Mangog vs All Star Superman.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
You can tell all of that based on that one scan huh?

Nope. On multiple scans.

Could've swore you were hellbent on the corona being hotter a couple of weeks back as I stated that it was the core that was hotter? You're an ass. Deal with it.
Has nothing to do with your mistake (thinking I argued a strategy). Nice deflection.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 4th, 2021 12:35 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Booya_69

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Even if not for a prolonged period of time, 10 secs or less really sounds silly. The sun is humongous and he's literally looking for pieces of Mjolnir in a place whose volume is over a million times greater than earth's. It'd be basically useless to travel a few secs and then out.

He could also have been calling in hammers to him while still inside as soon as the one he is using became useless. We dont know for sure, but i'd lean more to prolonged than the abbreviated version u are proposing.
In one of the scans, we see some of the other hammers havent even completely melted from previous attempts, while he's back at it again searching. I'm sure a majority of them had decent staying power, enough for him to stay inside for a prolonged period of time.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

The hammers were no Mjolnir, but Mjolnir getting destroyed really is a low showing based on its history with stars. Same goes for Thor. They have a long history of star swimming.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

👍

Old Post May 4th, 2021 02:18 AM
Booya_69 is currently offline Click here to Send Booya_69 a Private Message Find more posts by Booya_69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ok...not my point though, but thanks

Just pointing out the 10 secs and below u mentioned. That idea really should be thrown out.

I guess it's up to how one perceives "prolonged periods of time".

Old Post May 4th, 2021 03:00 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Just pointing out the 10 secs and below u mentioned. That idea really should be thrown out.

Pretty much. Great posts Celey.

Oh, and by the way, as tough as Thor is, do you see him being able to place Ultimate Mjolnir into his mouth, fire off a Godblast and spit that Godblast back out without suffering any damage? As you know, Mangog was able to do that. Would you say that Mangog was always portrayed as being tougher than Thor?

Old Post May 4th, 2021 03:40 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Oh, and by the way, as tough as Thor is, do you see him being able to place Ultimate Mjolnir into his mouth, fire off a Godblast and spit that Godblast back out without suffering any damage? As you know, Mangog was able to do that. Would you say that Mangog was always portrayed as being tougher than Thor?

Wasn't Mango able to manipulate matter though

Old Post May 4th, 2021 03:47 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Wasn't Mango able to manipulate matter though

He didn't appear to use anything other than brute strength and durability during that fight with War Thor. Are you saying that he used matter manipulation when he swallows the Godblast? If so, to what end? Sorry I'm not following your line of reasoning here.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 03:54 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I dont recall a gb. War tor said it was powered by the rage of a dead universe or some such.. I do feel it was supposed to mirror thor's antiforce attack in the jurgens run. *shrugs*

Old Post May 4th, 2021 12:59 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Pretty much. Stoic was all 'he was in there for a prolonged period and all he got was roasted eyes', which was my point that I was challenging.

But as we all agreed, there's no time frame givenso saying prolonged is a bit of a reach.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 01:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

mangog has certainly always been portrayed as being well above thor. he's pretty consistently been portrayed as a threat to odin himself.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 04:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Pretty much. Stoic was all 'he was in there for a prolonged period and all he got was roasted eyes', which was my point that I was challenging.

But as we all agreed, there's no time frame givenso saying prolonged is a bit of a reach.

The sun is pretty large right? Do you think Thor dove in for a second, and flew right back out if he was searching for fragments of Mjolnir? The scan on this page shows him travelling in the sun, with dialog. We don't know how long he submerged himself but he didn't fly in and immediately fly out.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 06:32 PM
DarkSaint85

I never said it was immediate, even though I would have just as much to support that as 'prolonged'.

I can do the exact same sequence as Thor's, except with a person diving into acid.

That doesn't mean anything.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 06:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
mangog has certainly always been portrayed as being well above thor. he's pretty consistently been portrayed as a threat to odin himself.

Exactly, which was the point that I was making.

Old Post May 10th, 2021 08:34 AM