KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy Prime vs universe 616

Superboy Prime vs universe 616
Started by: DantasKEdc

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Nice circle jerk lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 08:43 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Clean sweep and hush, Adam.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 08:43 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Clean sweep and hush, Adam.

No it wasn’t.

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 08:47 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

If youre objective and you put aside character bias it really was erm

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 08:51 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Nice circle jerk lol.

not really a circle, more like one way carver stroking GS hard

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 08:51 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by MrMind
not really a circle, more like one way carver stroking GS hard

Ewww. You had to take it there didnt you? laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 08:52 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If youre objective and you put aside character bias it really was erm

And you’re not bias?

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 08:53 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Either way as ive established in this thread:

1) The SBP vs DK is either a demonstration of CIS/PIS or an indication that after his battle with Perpetua, followed by devoting power to restore planetary damage just before his battle with SBP its possible he wasnt at full capacity. The fact that his battle with Perpetua was characterised by energy and matter manipulation vs a slugfest with SBP highlights this.

2) SBP is no ascendant entity that is beyond space and time therefore he is vulnerable to chronal manipulation and subject to the laws of reality/physics. He is also an energy dependant, mortal being. Any reasonably high level cosmic being could therefore take him out

3) Comic book battles do not dictate how forum battles go as the circumstances are different. No PIS/CIS smile

Last edited by GalacticStorm on May 3rd, 2021 at 09:08 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 09:00 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I try to be as objective as possible. Im a grown ass man and these are just comic book characters. Joe Quesada doesnt pay my bills wink

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 09:01 PM
carver9

Just nasty. FYI... H1>>>>>>>>>Diesldude as well. I guess I'm circle jerking him as well. Diesldude is just terrible at this. Now scatter, Super friends.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 10:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Lol. You did warn me. laughing

He just got washed in this thread and yet he claims victory.

Odd indeed erm
laughing out loud I gave you a chance to keep it civil instead of being my punching bag but it appears you like the abuse. Or you know you got nothing. laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 10:44 PM
Diesldude is online now! Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by carver9
Just nasty. FYI... H1>>>>>>>>>Diesldude as well. I guess I'm circle jerking him as well. Diesldude is just terrible at this. Now scatter, Super friends.

You have me on ignore but you keep talking about me. if you want my attention so bad, just get on your knees and pucker up. laughing out loud

Last edited by Diesldude on May 3rd, 2021 at 10:48 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 10:46 PM
Diesldude is online now! Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Either way as ive established in this thread:

1) The SBP vs DK is either a demonstration of CIS/PIS or an indication that after his battle with Perpetua, followed by devoting power to restore planetary damage just before his battle with SBP its possible he wasnt at full capacity. The fact that his battle with Perpetua was characterised by energy and matter manipulation vs a slugfest with SBP highlights this.

2) SBP is no ascendant entity that is beyond space and time therefore he is vulnerable to chronal manipulation and subject to the laws of reality/physics. He is also an energy dependant, mortal being. Any reasonably high level cosmic being could therefore take him out

3) Comic book battles do not dictate how forum battles go as the circumstances are different. No PIS/CIS smile

1) you aren’t even sure that it’s pis/cis and hahahah a guy that built 52 universes to get 52 Superman to attack the hero’s is going to not be at his full capacity because he stabilized a single earth. laughing out loud seriously this is an obvious give away that you didn’t read the arc and have no idea what you’re talking about.

2)we take the latest showings and his latest showing was him fighting DK at full power. Perpetual lost to DK, but Prime beat the crap out of him, could have taken his power if he wanted. Something perpetua could not do. He defeated him easier than an ascendant WW. I hope you noticed that. He was above an ascendant being.

3) no shit Sherlock but we take latest showing not some out of context in a weakened state showings.

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 10:57 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

1) Thats not what i said. Stop selectively addressing points and then laughing like a madman over a non achievement laughing DK battled Perpetua, one of the supreme cosmic beings in DC and then immediately afterwards restored damage done by the heroes. After both of those activities it would be understandable that he would be taxed. If he wasnt taxed then the only explanation for going from fighting Perpetua with energy and matter manipulation to just slugging it out in a fist fight with SBP is PIS/CIS. Either way is a debating loss for you my friend as you cannot apply your treasured ABC logic and try and make out that SBP can defeat anyone DK can when DK didnt utilize the full range of powers that a cosmic of his station should have and could have. That sucks smile

2) Its your assertion that DK was at full power when he fought SBP. Nowhere is it stated on panel that after that intense battle with Perpetua that was shortly before that DK was suddenly at full power again. Thats your supposition as it allows you to overhype SuperboyPrime. You aint slick kid smile

If DK was at full power for arguments sake then nowhere is he depicted or stated to be doing anything but having an energy fuelled punch up with SBP in which case it would conclusively be CIS/PIS.

In a forum battle us posters can debate with the characters full range of powers brought to the table. Comic battles are not the same as forum battles.

Again you lose smile

3) We disregard PIS/CIS and consider a hypothetical battle with all abilities characters are OFFICIALLY stated to have. NOT assumptions made up by fans based on ambiguous art.

SBP is mortal and OF space and time and dependant on energy.

Therefore any cosmically significant being with high level chronal or reality manipulation abilities could conclusively beat him without issue.

DK not using said abilities despite possessing them means he either couldnt at the time (because of the Perpetua battle and planet restoration taxing him) or its PIS/CIS.

Said PIS/CIS would not apply to DK in a forum battle or to other cosmic characters.

You lose. SBP shares your fate. eek!

Last edited by GalacticStorm on May 3rd, 2021 at 11:51 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 11:40 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Show us where it states explicitly on panel (none of your assumptions based on ambiguous art) SHOW US where it STATES EXPLICITLY that:

1) DK was unfazed by his battle with Perpetua and was at full power and not taxed at all when shortly afterwards he fought SBP

2) That DK or SBP were doing more than having an energy fuelled fist fight.

No supposition. No scan reposts with your unverified OPINION next to them.

Show us where it states clear as day those two points above.

Without them its either CIS/PIS or he wasnt at full power which explains why he didnt use 99% of his abilities.

SBP fighting and defeating a DK not stated or shown to be doing anything but having a fist fight with him means that you cant then draw conclusions around how SBP would fare against cosmics who wouldnt fight so stupidly laughing

Last edited by GalacticStorm on May 4th, 2021 at 12:01 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 11:57 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Annnnd its a washout people. smile

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 11:58 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

No, Galactic Storm.

Like I said in the past, you are just discussing topics that have been discussed ad nauseam not only here but in most forums... 10 years ago lol. Since then, we have a better understanding of how to handle such things which doesn't necessarily adhere with your pretty narrow and admittedly apologist stance. The fact that it's just Carver(lol) that's cheering you should tell you something.

There's been a lot-- and I mean, a LOT of instances of Marvel characters simply going for fisticuffs or blast-offs even when their powersets would allow them to end conflicts easier than they actually do. Are you actually suggesting Marvel characters get the benefit of BZ style arguments because you like to cherry pick showings? Lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 4th, 2021 12:02 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
No, Galactic Storm.

Like I said in the past, you are just discussing topics that have been discussed ad nauseam not only here but in most forums... 10 years ago lol. Since then, we have a better understanding of how to handle such things which doesn't necessarily adhere with your pretty narrow and admittedly apologist stance. The fact that it's just Carver(lol) that's cheering you should tell you something.

There's been a lot-- and I mean, a LOT of instances of Marvel characters simply going for fisticuffs or blast-offs even when their powersets would allow them to end conflicts easier than they actually do. Are you actually suggesting Marvel characters get the benefit of BZ style arguments because you like to cherry pick showings? Lol

Your unnecessary insults are like water off a ducks back. If you want to debate then debate. Dont bring your faux intelligent rant my way whilst failing to bring anything of note to the topic at hand.

Your take on my take is a misinterpretation and thats not my burden of responsibility to correct.

I have made it quite apparent that comic book battles vs forum battles are entirely different affairs. Whether its Marvel or DC a showing on panel that can be subject to PIS/CIS is not necessarily a 1:1 reflection of how a battle would go down within the forum.

Anything else im happy to discuss smile

Old Post May 4th, 2021 12:14 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

At the end of the day, punches and kicks rule comics.

Dr Manhattan can completely alter the multiverse, all of time and space and everything between, and still didn't think he could stop Superman from punching him out.

Even pre-retcon beyonder got dragged into fist-fights repeatedly.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post May 4th, 2021 12:17 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Juntai
At the end of the day, punches and kicks rule comics.

Dr Manhattan can completely alter the multiverse, all of time and space and everything between, and still didn't think he could stop Superman from punching him out.

Even pre-retcon beyonder got dragged into fist-fights repeatedly.

Exactly this. Thats the difference between the comics and the forum. We're able to re-create battles without the restrictions of the comic book medium, the need to be artistically appealing, the need to appeal to a certain slice of the readership etc.

We can create threads where PIS/CIS are not a factor and just match people up with officially demonstrated abilities brought to the table.

Well said.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 12:26 AM