KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Bad Batch

The Bad Batch
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Bad Batch

Am I blind, or do we not have a thread for this?

Watched the pilot today. Was good I thought.

Poor [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Depa Bilaba though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 4th, 2021 09:16 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

It was nice yeah, hope that rumor that Vos is going to appear will prove true by the end of the season

Old Post May 4th, 2021 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Had forgotten about this, so thanks. Will watch tonight.

Do like that Ep 1 was released on May the 4th, instead of the usual Fridays.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 4th, 2021 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So this episode completely retconned Depa Billaba's death and Kanon's escape... lmao

So much for "everything is canon". It's become increasingly clear that the comics/books are completely irrelevant.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 11:20 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Really enjoyed this. Its nice to have some quality animation back after that torture that was Resistance.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
So this episode completely retconned Depa Billaba's death and Kanon's escape... lmao

So much for "everything is canon". It's become increasingly clear that the comics/books are completely irrelevant.

Yep.

That said the comic screwed that up anyway. This was in line with the dialogue from Rebels.

Originally posted by Total Warrior
It was nice yeah, hope that rumor that Vos is going to appear will prove true by the end of the season

Im sure he will. But best not to throw him on right away.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

What was the contradiction between the comic and Rebels? And was it caused by a later season of Rebels?

Old Post May 4th, 2021 11:41 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

What was the contradiction between the comic and Rebels? And was it caused by a later season of Rebels?

That Depas last word to Kanan was Run, and that he actually ran and left her to die. Dialogue when the GI was torturing Kanan.

In the comic he joins her and fights for a bit first. And her last words to him isnt to Run.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He did run though. After he fights briefly Depa tells him to run and he does.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 11:53 PM
Darth Thor

He did run though. After he fights briefly Depa tells him to run and he does.

Yeah but it wasnt a scenario where hed feel so cowardly for leaving her. As She practically forces him after he fights alongside her. And Run wasnt her last word to him. Instead it was her last word of part 1 of that comic series

Old Post May 5th, 2021 01:38 AM
ares834

Sure it was. He knows she is lying and still runs. Plenty of reason for a character for like Kanan to feel guilty for running.

As for the last words, that's so irrelevant that I don't care. Sure, her last word wasn't literally "run" but that last thing she told him was to run.

Old Post May 5th, 2021 03:19 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Thought Depa would have put up a better fight honestly

Old Post May 5th, 2021 06:50 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Sure it was. He knows she is lying and still runs. Plenty of reason for a character for like Kanan to feel guilty for running.

Nah. GI specifically says what would your friends think if they knew. Staying to fight until it was pointless and Depa convinced him to go is very different to him not helping at all and then just running.

As for the last words, that's so irrelevant that I don't care. Sure, her last word wasn't literally "run" but that last thing she told him was to run.

It's not about what you care about. It's about canon being canon, and the comic version was clearly contradictory to the dialogue we got in Rebels. This was far more congruent, with zero contradictions clearly because Filoni was in charge of both.

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Thought Depa would have put up a better fight honestly

She was completely surrounded, and still the surprise factor was there, despite her blocking the initial shots.

Honestly she did far better than most the council. I wouldn't expect much better than that in Canon. Especially from a Jedi we haven't really spent much time with in Canon.

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 5th, 2021 at 11:13 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2021 11:10 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I remember back in the day people used to argue Depa would curb Anakin or Obi-wan.

Old Post May 5th, 2021 10:39 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

She had a lot of hype in Shatterpoint.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nah. GI specifically says what would your friends think if they knew. Staying to fight until it was pointless and Depa convinced him to go is very different to him not helping at all and then just running.

Nah. It's the same thing. Depa tells him to run and he runs.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's not about what you care about. It's about canon being canon, and the comic version was clearly contradictory to the dialogue we got in Rebels. This was far more congruent, with zero contradictions clearly because Filoni was in charge of both.

It was not "clearly contradictory". Kanan could have misremembered or he could be talking about the general idea. Ultimately, it's dialogue and dialogue is often not literal or even correct. The contradiction here is borderline irrelevant. However, depicting events in two completely different ways (which is what we had with BB and the comic) is a clear contradiction. It's also not the only time Filoni has done this.

Last edited by ares834 on May 6th, 2021 at 02:42 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2021 02:38 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Will watch this tonight.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 6th, 2021 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I really liked Shatterpoint, though I haven't read it in years so I don't remember how horribly un-canon it might be. I just remember liking it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 6th, 2021 06:31 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Shatterpoint is really good(as are most of Stover's works.) Virtually nothing about it meshes with new canon, but it's still a great read on its own.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Enjoyed the episode for the most part.

A petty gripe I had was Lil' Kanan's voice. Kid was only supposed to be like 14 at this point, but he sounded like a 40 year old man.

The "everything is canon" rule doesn't mean SW lore is immune to retcons.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 02:47 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

2nd episode is up, because I guess they're going to come out on Fridays from now on, and the pilot was a special thing for May 4th.

Fine episode. Some interesting bits about the empire.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 7th, 2021 03:39 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Galan007
The "everything is canon" rule doesn't mean SW lore is immune to retcons.

These aren't minor errors but a blatant disregard for the other material. Sure, Disney may continue to claim that this stuff is canon, but the guys running these shows like Filoni clearly have no qualms overwriting and disregarding what came before.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 05:29 PM