KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Order these guys by striking

Order these guys by striking
Started by: HumbleServant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yeah, ridiculous how they try so hard to pass this bullshit off.

Anyway, as for skill I'd list them as follows:

1. Thor
2. Kurse
3. Giantman
4. Hulk

In theory, Hulk should be more skilled than Giantman after his stint in Sakaar, but unfortunately the succeeding movies never gave him a good enough fight to showcase these skills. So based on feats, Giantman/Antman has displayed better skills.

Ty!
Good reasoning on Hulk’s skill/lack of showing that skill. thumb up

Old Post May 21st, 2021 05:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Ok. So we're at least in agreement that Kurse didn't get Mjolnir moving in the opposite direction then yes?

Would you then agree that, had he slapped Mjolnir by 90 degrees or more, that Mjolnir would therefore not have hit anything that was originally in front of it?
Yes, I would agree if that was the case.

P.S. How in the hell does Thor strike harder than Kurse?
Look how Thor struck Hulk with Mjolnir.
You think Kurse would have a smaller effect?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 22nd, 2021 08:49 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
Yes, I would agree if that was the case.

P.S. How in the hell does Thor strike harder than Kurse?
Look how Thor struck Hulk with Mjolnir.
You think Kurse would have a smaller effect?

Because of feats, or rather a lack of feats in Kurse's case. We have a feat of Thor sending Hulk flying with an unamped hit of Mjolnir. We have no feats of Kurse sending someone as heavy has Hulk flying with a single hit.

As for the whole 90 degree bit, when Kurse backhanded Mjolnir it still ended up hitting part of the mountain/rock formation that was originally in front of it. Therefore it couldn't have been redirected by 90 degrees because it still hit something that was originally in front of it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2021 06:20 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Because of feats, or rather a lack of feats in Kurse's case. We have a feat of Thor sending Hulk flying with an unamped hit of Mjolnir. We have no feats of Kurse sending someone as heavy has Hulk flying with a single hit.

As for the whole 90 degree bit, when Kurse backhanded Mjolnir it still ended up hitting part of the mountain/rock formation that was originally in front of it. Therefore it couldn't have been redirected by 90 degrees because it still hit something that was originally in front of it.

So basically you value feats over direct comparison.
That means Hulk is stronger than Thanos despite Thanos overpowering him.
As far as feats
Kurse sent Thor flying back further than Thor sent Hulk back with a back smack. A back smack is far weaker than a punch.

I disagree. Mjolnir looked to have traveled behind Kurse (not in front of him). The angle was sideways and slightly back (hence MORE than 90 degrees).

Old Post May 23rd, 2021 04:33 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So basically you value feats over direct comparison.
That means Hulk is stronger than Thanos despite Thanos overpowering him.
As far as feats
Kurse sent Thor flying back further than Thor sent Hulk back with a back smack. A back smack is far weaker than a punch.

I disagree. Mjolnir looked to have traveled behind Kurse (not in front of him). The angle was sideways and slightly back (hence MORE than 90 degrees).

I value feats over theoretical comparisons, as we all should provided an applicable feat exists. Theoretical comparisons are used in the absence of an appropriate feat. Thanos already has a feat of overpowering Hulk, therefore Thanos is proven to be stronger than Hulk.

Thor is a lot smaller and lighter than Hulk, therefore it takes far less strength to send Thor flying back than it would to send Hulk flying back. This is common sense.

And I'm glad you admitted that Mjolnir appeared to have traveled behind Kurse. That's because he turned around and backhanded Mjolnir. Therefore the mountain range that was previously in front of him now appeared behind him since he turned around. In other words, Mjolnir kept travelling in a forward trajectory, just off at an angle.

Old Post May 23rd, 2021 07:22 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Double post

Last edited by h1a8 on May 23rd, 2021 at 07:45 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2021 07:40 PM
h1a8

I value feats over theoretical comparisons, as we all should provided an applicable feat exists. Theoretical comparisons are used in the absence of an appropriate feat. Thanos already has a feat of overpowering Hulk, therefore Thanos is proven to be stronger than Hulk.

Thor is a lot smaller and lighter than Hulk, therefore it takes far less strength to send Thor flying back than it would to send Hulk flying back. This is common sense.

And I'm glad you admitted that Mjolnir appeared to have traveled behind Kurse. That's because he turned around and backhanded Mjolnir. Therefore the mountain range that was previously in front of him now appeared behind him since he turned around. In other words, Mjolnir kept travelling in a forward trajectory, just off at an angle.

You are saying things that don't prove your case.

You need to prove that it took more force to knock Hulk back a significantly less distance than it took to knock Thor a much longer distance with a significantly weaker attack.

In other words, prove that
Knocking Hulk back a few feet with a haymaker swing proves stronger striking power than knocking Thor multiple times further with a multiple times weaker attack.

You are stupid. Mjolnir flew sideways at a slight angle pointed backwards (not forward). More than 90 degree angle silly. Analyzing it more carefully i would say between 110-150 degrees.

Old Post May 23rd, 2021 07:45 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You are saying things that don't prove your case.

You need to prove that it took more force to knock Hulk back a significantly less distance than it took to knock Thor a much longer distance with a significantly weaker attack.

In other words, prove that
Knocking Hulk back a few feet with a haymaker swing proves stronger striking power than knocking Thor multiple times further with a multiple times weaker attack.

You are stupid. Mjolnir flew sideways at a slight angle pointed backwards (not forward). More than 90 degree angle silly. Analyzing it more carefully i would say between 110-150 degrees.

Don't really have the energy to go 10 pages trying to explain how angles work to you. All you need to know is that Kurse turned around to face an incoming Mjolnir and backhanded it into a mountain. You already admitted he hit it so that it flew behind him. If he had hit it by 110-150 degrees then he should have turned it back and made if fly in front of him. Trust me kid, this is how angles work.

As for Thor, he hit Hulk with an uppercut with Mjolnir that sent him flying (more than just a few feet I might add), which is very impressive considering that the force of an uppercut is not directed to blast you backwards or sideways. You want to claim Kurse hit Thor stronger than Thor hits with Mjolnir, onus is on you to prove that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2021 09:11 PM
h1a8

Don't really have the energy to go 10 pages trying to explain how angles work to you. All you need to know is that Kurse turned around to face an incoming Mjolnir and backhanded it into a mountain. You already admitted he hit it so that it flew behind him. If he had hit it by 110-150 degrees then he should have turned it back and made if fly in front of him. Trust me kid, this is how angles work.

As for Thor, he hit Hulk with an uppercut with Mjolnir that sent him flying (more than just a few feet I might add), which is very impressive considering that the force of an uppercut is not directed to blast you backwards or sideways. You want to claim Kurse hit Thor stronger than Thor hits with Mjolnir, onus is on you to prove that.

Huh? Wtf are you talking about? You lost all your marbles.
The direction Mjolnir was flying before being hit is called FORWARD.
Kurse hit Mjolnir sideways and slightly back (opposite of FORWARD) into the mountain.
DRAW THE ANGLE OUT ON PAPER. ITS OVER 90 DEGREES.

You made the initial claim that Thor strikes harder than Kurse in your ranking. I called you out on it. Therefore the onus is on you.

Kurse sent Thor flying through the air like a thrown baseball. About 100ft away or more. Because Kurse used a weaker attack to achieve comparable striking power as Thor then Kurse wins.

In other words, a haymaker >>>>>>> back smack. Kurse used a weaker attack that resembled a harder, or at least comparable, hit than Thor with his haymaker.

Lastly, if you think Kurse can't hit Hulk just as hard as Thor did (which wasn't shit) then you are a troll and you should lose credibility with other members here.

Old Post May 24th, 2021 12:29 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Huh? Wtf are you talking about? You lost all your marbles.
The direction Mjolnir was flying before being hit is called FORWARD.
Kurse hit Mjolnir sideways and slightly back (opposite of FORWARD) into the mountain.
DRAW THE ANGLE OUT ON PAPER. ITS OVER 90 DEGREES.

You made the initial claim that Thor strikes harder than Kurse in your ranking. I called you out on it. Therefore the onus is on you.

Kurse sent Thor flying through the air like a thrown baseball. About 100ft away or more. Because Kurse used a weaker attack to achieve comparable striking power as Thor then Kurse wins.

In other words, a haymaker >>>>>>> back smack. Kurse used a weaker attack that resembled a harder, or at least comparable, hit than Thor with his haymaker.

Lastly, if you think Kurse can't hit Hulk just as hard as Thor did (which wasn't shit) then you are a troll and you should lose credibility with other members here.

Ok troll, whatever. You want to claim that Mjolnir hit a mountain range in FRONT of it by traveling backwards or that sending a 220 pound Thor flying is somehow more impressive than sending a 1500 pound Hulk flying... well then good luck with that nonsense. I'm done wasting time on your idiocy. Heck, you don't even seem to know what a haymaker is since you keep insisting an uppercut is somehow a haymaker.

Old Post May 24th, 2021 04:54 PM
h1a8

Ok troll, whatever. You want to claim that Mjolnir hit a mountain range in FRONT of it by traveling backwards or that sending a 220 pound Thor flying is somehow more impressive than sending a 1500 pound Hulk flying... well then good luck with that nonsense. I'm done wasting time on your idiocy. Heck, you don't even seem to know what a haymaker is since you keep insisting an uppercut is somehow a haymaker.
Mjolnir didnt strike the mountain ABOVE its initial trajectory. It struck the mountain BEHIND its trajectory. It went slightly back (not forward).

Stop trolling me please.

I stated the two feats were at least comparable (hitting a lighter object multiple times further than a heavier object). If you want to claim that it took more force hitting Hulk less distance than it took hitting Thor multiple times further then please prove it. Please prove those weights too. Marvel officially states that Thor weighs 640lbs and Hulk weighs around 1000lbs. Prove that MCU versions weigh 220lb and 1500lbs respectively.

So we have comparable forces with a key difference. Kurse used a weaker attack to achieve a comparable force. In other words, if Kurse would have used a haymaker or uppercut then the striking power would been a lot more. Thus Kurse wins.

Last edited by h1a8 on May 24th, 2021 at 05:37 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2021 05:28 PM
9jaboy

Giantman
Kurse
Thor w/ Mjolnir
Hulk

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 08:04 AM
9jaboy is currently offline Click here to Send 9jaboy a Private Message Find more posts by 9jaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote